Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you feel it?
I think the difference is that it’s late in the season, the Bengals are on the cusp of making the playoffs (surprisingly) and you have one of the top 3 elite teams in the NFL coming to Cincy.

So yes I see why someone would think it feels different. I don’t think it feels different in regards to “the Bengals are winning this game”.
They could win it but the Chiefs are the best team the Bengals have played this year. This will be tough but I get the excitement for this game.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I know we've talked about this all week.  And I don't mean to be Dead Horse BUT, This has a different vibe to it.  I have been Taylor's biggest critic all season.  But I have a funny feeling I'm going to be dining on crow tomorrow night.  And that's fine with me.  He brings them out ready to play, and I'm converted.

And I have this "feeling" they're coming out fired up.

I've got plenty of Texas Pete.....I find it pairs well with crow.  Cool

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:24 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: I've got plenty of Texas Pete.....I find it pairs well with crow.  Cool

I prefer the strategy of just pretending that I never bad-mouth Zac Taylor... I was hacked when it appears that I might have.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:20 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Nope, 100% different. Another nonsensical post by you. You're actually trying to apply your own personal issues to someone else, comical and a weak retort. Your consistent oppositional posts serve no purpose.

Here is what is comical.  You never post any facts to show why I am wrong.  All you do is say I am wrong because it is impossible for you to be wrong.  You try to belittle my opinion because you can never actually disprove it.

I 100% stand by my opinion.  The "vibe" everyone is feeling right now is exactly the same as it was after we beat the Ravens the first time.  It is the same as we all felt after we blew out the Steelers and were headed to play the Chargers in a crucial showdown for playoff position.

I am not saying there is no "vibe". I am just saying it is the same old "vibe" we have seen before this year.  
Reply/Quote
I agree with Fred here. Every other time we got two wins in a row the national media got behind us and we suffered massive let downs. The first time we were 1st in the AFC and it lasted one week after losing to an inferior opponent (then followed the loss up with a thorough butt kicking by the browns). The second time we faced a really good team in San Diego with a chance to pull ahead in the playoff race and we looked bad that week and the following week against the 9ers.

This week we are feeling very high and mighty and have lots of pundits picking us to beat the Chiefs. If history repeats itself we will see us lose to a more experienced playoff caliber team. We’re still weak up front and will have trouble covering Hill and Kelce. We could easily lose this game. But if we do get plenty of pressure on Mahomes and protect Burrow enough to see him put up over 30 points we could finally solidify ourself as a threat. Burrow is playing his best ball so hopefully he wins this game for us. I’d give the coaching edge to the Chiefs though.

Going off of the past, it’s the safer bet to say we lose. I’d love to see us turn a corner though.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what is comical.  You never post any facts to show why I am wrong.  All you do is say I am wrong because it is impossible for you to be wrong.  You try to belittle my opinion because you can never actually disprove it.

I 100% stand by my opinion.  The "vibe" everyone is feeling right now is exactly the same as it was after we beat the Ravens the first time.  It is the same as we all felt after we blew out the Steelers and were headed to play the Chargers in a crucial showdown for playoff position.

I am not saying there is no "vibe". I am just saying it is the same old "vibe" we have seen before this year.  

No, you're just reacting emotionally and trying to pass your ideas as fact. I only disagree with your bad opinions and it upsets you. You're trying to dictate that I have to respond a certain way, I do not. What is more comical is that you persist with your empty rhetoric.

It's a different vibe this week. Go Bengals, win the AFC North. 
Reply/Quote
Doesn’t help that the previous two times we were the media darlings, we won decisively by scoring 41 points, only to play like %$#@ the next week. Seems like deja vu all over again after scoring 41 last week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:32 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: No, you're just reacting emotionally and trying to pass your ideas as fact. I only disagree with your bad opinions and it upsets you. You're trying to dictate that I have to respond a certain way, I do not. What is more comical is that you persist with your empty rhetoric.

Uh-oh Tecmo.  Looks like you are going to have a whole lot of people you have to accuse of being "comical" and "emotional".

I mean it is impossible for anyone to ever disagree with your opinion based on logic and history, rigth?  No way you could possibly be anything but 100% correct about everything.

(01-01-2022, 02:29 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: I agree with Fred here. Every other time we got two wins in a row the national media got behind us and we suffered massive let downs. The first time we were 1st in the AFC and it lasted one week after losing to an inferior opponent (then followed the loss up with a thorough butt kicking by the browns). The second time we faced a really good team in San Diego with a chance to pull ahead in the playoff race and we looked bad that week and the following week against the 9ers.

This week we are feeling very high and mighty and have lots of pundits picking us to beat the Chiefs. If history repeats itself we will see us lose to a more experienced playoff caliber team. We’re still weak up front and will have trouble covering Hill and Kelce. We could easily lose this game. But if we do get plenty of pressure on Mahomes and protect Burrow enough to see him put up over 30 points we could finally solidify ourself as a threat. Burrow is playing his best ball so hopefully he wins this game for us. I’d give the coaching edge to the Chiefs though.

Going off of the past, it’s the safer bet to say we lose. I’d love to see us turn a corner though.

(01-01-2022, 02:33 PM)bjf123 Wrote: Doesn’t help that the previous two times we were the media darlings, we won decisively by scoring 41 points, only to play like %$#@ the next week.  Seems like deja vu all over again after scoring 41 last week.  

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:26 PM)jason Wrote: I prefer the strategy of just pretending that I never bad-mouth Zac Taylor... I was hacked when it appears that I might have.

I like this approach and might have to borrow this thinking. I've always been a staunch Taylor supporter! 
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:39 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Uh-oh Tecmo.  Looks like you are going to have a whole lot of people you have to accuse of being "comical" and "emotional".

I mean it is impossible for anyone to ever disagree with your opinion based on logic and history, rigth?  No way you could possibly be anything but 100% correct about everything.

Incorrect. Go review your own post history to gain basic understanding for why your posts are silly and emotional, empty rhetoric.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.
You're doing wrong
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:42 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Incorrect. Go review your own post history to gain basic understanding for why your posts are silly and emotional, empty rhetoric.

Actually it is pretty clear from what we see in this thread.

"Just because TecmoBengals think they are."

Like I said, you just belittle my opinions with petty insults because you can never post any facts to disprove them.

Now shouldn't you get back to telling everyone else who disagrees with you that they are being "comical" and "silly" and "emotional".
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually it is pretty clear from what we see in this thread.

"Just because TecmoBengals think they are."

Like I said, you just belittle my opinions with petty insults because you can never post any facts to disprove them.

Now shouldn't you get back to telling everyone else who disagrees with you that they are being "comical" and "silly" and "emotional".

The irony is rich in this post. Review your own post history toasty. It's hilarious that when someone mirrors your own posts, you have a meltdown.

This thread also exemplifies your poor interpersonal skills with an abundance of posters on this board as evident in countless threads.
Reply/Quote
Boy this was exactly the result I was hoping for. Jesus christ people. Mods, please de3lete this worthless thread. Seems I've offended people with...enthusiasm. Thank you.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy this was exactly the result I was hoping for.  Jesus christ people.  Mods, please de3lete this worthless post.  Seems I've offended people with...enthusiasm.  Thank you.

Well sadly, according to toasty you're just wrong. 
Reply/Quote
This is a regular season game no matter how anyone spins it. We've won 2 in a row before. What usually happens after we win 2 in a row?
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:17 PM)Interceptor Wrote: This is a regular season game no matter how anyone spins it. We've won 2 in a row before. What usually happens after we win 2 in a row?

Hopefully the win 2, lose 2 trends ends tomorrow. It's a regular season game that can secure the AFN North and entry into the playoffs. I'm feeling Tiger's vibe.
Reply/Quote
Per the Chiefs, Edwards-Helaire officially ruled out.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:13 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Well sadly, according to toasty you're just wrong. 

We all need to stop buying into his schtick.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:12 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Boy this was exactly the result I was hoping for.  Jesus christ people.  Mods, please de3lete this worthless thread.  Seems I've offended people with...enthusiasm.  Thank you.

Meh, no harm.  That's pretty much how most threads go here, the same people with the same axes to grind.  Ignore them and focus on the people who stay on topic.   Like me  ThumbsUp

This is the fourth time we've won two games in a row.  Each of the three previous times, we lost the very next game.  I blame no one for being skeptical at this point and thinking/believing we'll lose tomorrow.  If you feel differently this time around, then I certainly hope you are right and I and every other skeptic are wrong.  'Cause I'm getting real tired of this two-steps-forward-one-step-back nonsense.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote