Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you feel it?
"Can You Feel it"

That's what them said.

(Did I get my pronouns right?)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:41 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I do not feel it. That’s no knock in the Bengals. The Chiefs are the best team in the AFC and there is nothing I have seen that says the Bengals can stop their offense. And their defense has been playing very well.

I'm kind of the same way. I mentioned a while back, the 49ers game was the final straw for me. I am done investing emotionally in this team until they win a playoff game, at least. I still watch the games, videos and read the stories but i don't get all jacked up excited and "look forward" to the game and i don't get pissed off and cuss my head off if they're doing bad or lose.

I'll go in tomorrow the same way i have the last 2 weeks. Football sunday and i'll have it on until (if) they start blowing it and if they do, i'll head off and do something else, not getting excited or upset for what happens. 

Their 'win 2 lose 2 and yet to have beaten a legit, healthy team' is reason enough for me to believe they could keep it close but lose, then have to go to Cleveland to win and in next week. 

Dropping the next 2 is what the "same ole" would do. Winning tomorrow would legit be like '88 when the Bills came in and the Bengals beat them, won the division, playoffs and went to the SB. 

We shall see...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
There's no "vibe" for me.

I never know which team is going to show up.

[Image: raw]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are 4-1 this year when the opponent is favored by a FG or more. The only loss was in OT to the Packers.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:21 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The Bengals are 4-1 this year when the opponent is favored by a FG or more. The only loss was in OT to the Packers.

Hey look, even the most pessimistic guy on the whole board can muster some enthusiasm.  Way to turn the corner man.  Ran out of Bourbon, huh?
Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Hey look, even the most pessimistic guy on the whole board can muster some enthusiasm.  Way to turn the corner man.  Ran out of Bourbon, huh?
Hilarious

Nervous
Reply/Quote
Crow is tasty sometimes

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:38 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Nervous

Yeah.  WTF is he talking about??
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:51 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Yeah.  WTF is he talking about??

I think he's joking. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 10:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I think he's joking.  Mellow

Way to ruin the mood, Debbie downer.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:22 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Disagree.This vibe is just different.This IS the game of the week.We just got Wilson,Pratt,and Reader back.Coming off that awesome game last Sunday against the Ravens.I think this team is absolutely psyched right now,and so are the fans.Hopefully the stadium is sold out,or should be.Playing at home in the biggest game of the year.

If the Bengals don’t come out fired up more than any other game they’ve played all year something’s wrong.And when a team is playing with the kind of confidence this team is playing with,and this fired up,they can be dangerous.

Even the worst team in the league,playing with this much emotion and confidence can be dangerous.Go Bengals!

I absolutely feel it.  I have been super down on the Bengals since 2015.  Just such a horrible debacle.  

This team and maybe even the HC is different and I think people are starting to see that and feel that and people are starting to really have hope again which brings back excitement in believing in your team and that makes people feel good.  Different vibe for sure.  This Bengals team is straight legit win or lose tomorrow.  They are going to win a lot of games.

Who-Dey!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:39 PM)SladeX Wrote: This is the most I've looked forward to a bengals game since 2015 playoff.

Same here!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 09:50 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I'm kind of the same way. I mentioned a while back, the 49ers game was the final straw for me. I am done investing emotionally in this team until they win a playoff game, at least. I still watch the games, videos and read the stories but i don't get all jacked up excited and "look forward" to the game and i don't get pissed off and cuss my head off if they're doing bad or lose.

I'll go in tomorrow the same way i have the last 2 weeks. Football sunday and i'll have it on until (if) they start blowing it and if they do, i'll head off and do something else, not getting excited or upset for what happens. 

Their 'win 2 lose 2 and yet to have beaten a legit, healthy team' is reason enough for me to believe they could keep it close but lose, then have to go to Cleveland to win and in next week. 

Dropping the next 2 is what the "same ole" would do. Winning tomorrow would legit be like '88 when the Bills came in and the Bengals beat them, won the division, playoffs and went to the SB. 

We shall see...
Sure, they could lose out. They can also easily lose tomorrow. But there are some things different about the recent games:

1) No turnovers. In fact if you just look at the offense it has been 13 quarters since there was a turnover (both nine turnovers were special teams). For Special teams since they bounced Phillips not only are there no muffs but the decision making back there is better. 

2) Burrow looks WAY better. He is navigating the pocket like he did in his rookie season and in college, his accuracy is unreal and he is processing things and making smart decisions.

3) They are starting to move players around to make defenses pay for the two high stuff and clouding Chase. For example Chase in the slot (but not always and NOT given away by the formation) led to him feasting. We also saw Uzo on the right side instead of the left side on some downs among other things. 

4) Tee is 100% back! He looks like he used to last season and even better as he is high pointing better and showing improved awareness of where everyone is on the field. 

5) Defensively we are starting to see more stunts, shifts and twists on the DL and Ogunjobi has gone off of late in addition to BJ Hill. 

So I understand the pessimism but also see where this can be different.
Reply/Quote
That’s what she said.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 12:47 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: That’s what she said.

You're getting the title mixed up with "Can you find it".
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:19 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: fred.  REREAD my post.  I said I have a feeling.  Sorry, no link for you.  The gist of my post was my criticizing our coach.  Why are you cherry picking like this man?  Lighten up.
[Image: glee-santana-lopez.gif]

LOL
(01-01-2022, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what is comical.  You never post any facts to show why I am wrong.  All you do is say I am wrong because it is impossible for you to be wrong.  You try to belittle my opinion because you can never actually disprove it.

I 100% stand by my opinion.  The "vibe" everyone is feeling right now is exactly the same as it was after we beat the Ravens the first time.  It is the same as we all felt after we blew out the Steelers and were headed to play the Chargers in a crucial showdown for playoff position.

I am not saying there is no "vibe". I am just saying it is the same old "vibe" we have seen before this year.  
Maybe because like, with me, I have posted facts, like things you posted, and you still say you didn't post them.
(01-01-2022, 03:10 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: The irony is rich in this post. Review your own post history toasty. It's hilarious that when someone mirrors your own posts, you have a meltdown.

This thread also exemplifies your poor interpersonal skills with an abundance of posters on this board as evident in countless threads.
[Image: robert-downey-jr-praise-the-lord.gif]
(01-01-2022, 05:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Here's an idea Fred. The next time someone posts a positive thread about the Bengals and you feel that massive urge to take a big dump on it, just don't. 

Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Skip to 1:45 when Michael takes over from his lame brothers.

Yeah, I am pretty sure he can feel it.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 12:19 AM)Joelist Wrote: Sure, they could lose out. They can also easily lose tomorrow. But there are some things different about the recent games:

1) No turnovers. In fact if you just look at the offense it has been 13 quarters since there was a turnover (both nine turnovers were special teams). For Special teams since they bounced Phillips not only are there no muffs but the decision making back there is better. 

2) Burrow looks WAY better. He is navigating the pocket like he did in his rookie season and in college, his accuracy is unreal and he is processing things and making smart decisions.

3) They are starting to move players around to make defenses pay for the two high stuff and clouding Chase. For example Chase in the slot (but not always and NOT given away by the formation) led to him feasting. We also saw Uzo on the right side instead of the left side on some downs among other things. 

4) Tee is 100% back! He looks like he used to last season and even better as he is high pointing better and showing improved awareness of where everyone is on the field. 

5) Defensively we are starting to see more stunts, shifts and twists on the DL and Ogunjobi has gone off of late in addition to BJ Hill. 

So I understand the pessimism but also see where this can be different.

Not pessimism. Just indifference. 

All that other stuff, i agree with.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
joe burrow is the difference.
Reply/Quote
I'm so stoked for this game. Can't wait for it to start.
Reply/Quote