Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you feel it?
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.

[Image: why-are-you-the-way-you-are-the-office.gif]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I know we've talked about this all week.  And I don't mean to be Dead Horse BUT, This has a different vibe to it.  I have been Taylor's biggest critic all season.  But I have a funny feeling I'm going to be dining on crow tomorrow night.  And that's fine with me.  He brings them out ready to play, and I'm converted.

And I have this "feeling" they're coming out fired up.

This team is special, we might not win this game but I am pretty damn sure we will be the toughest team the Chiefs have
played since they went on their 8 game win streak. Our front on Defense should give their OL problems which in turn will 
give Mahomes problems. We are getting players back like Logan, Kareem, Reader and maybe Pratt right when we need 
them and it looks like Burrow has just found his greatness.

We will see, I picked the Chiefs to win in a close high scoring game but I could most assuredly be wrong and we beat 
them. Just depends on what team shows up. But I really like this team under Taylor right now.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:56 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If it was an elimination game that we had to win to get in then you would have a point.  But even if we lose Sunday we can still win the division.

So you don't see the difference in excitement and anticipation between a week 13 game that that keeps you in the wildcard race and a week 17 game that can clinch the division and a playoff spot?

Yes, if they lose tomorrow, they can still clinch the division so i would expect the excitement to be the same as this week...which is still higher than week 13.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 07:59 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: So you don't see the difference in excitement and anticipation between a week 13 game that that keeps you in the wildcard race and a week 17 game that can clinch the division and a playoff spot?

Yes, if they lose tomorrow, they can still clinch the division so i would expect the excitement to be the same as this week...which is still higher than week 13.

You are wasting.  Your.  Time.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.

Disagree.This vibe is just different.This IS the game of the week.We just got Wilson,Pratt,and Reader back.Coming off that awesome game last Sunday against the Ravens.I think this team is absolutely psyched right now,and so are the fans.Hopefully the stadium is sold out,or should be.Playing at home in the biggest game of the year.

If the Bengals don’t come out fired up more than any other game they’ve played all year something’s wrong.And when a team is playing with the kind of confidence this team is playing with,and this fired up,they can be dangerous.

Even the worst team in the league,playing with this much emotion and confidence can be dangerous.Go Bengals!
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:22 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: Disagree.This vibe is just different.This IS the game of the week.We just got Wilson,Pratt,and Reader back.Coming off that awesome game last Sunday against the Ravens.I think this team is absolutely psyched right now,and so are the fans.Hopefully the stadium is sold out,or should be.Playing at home in the biggest game of the year.

If the Bengals don’t come out fired up more than any other game they’ve played all year something’s wrong.And when a team is playing with the kind of confidence this team is playing with,and this fired up,they can be dangerous.

Even the worst team in the league,playing with this much emotion and confidence can be dangerous.Go Bengals!

WHO DEY!
Reply/Quote
I think the recent good news on the injury/covid lists is suggestive of a team that is amped for this game. They want to be on that field and are stopping at nothing to get there. It may or may not matter during the game, but at the very least I think they recognize the opportunity in front of them.
Reply/Quote
This is the most I've looked forward to a bengals game since 2015 playoff.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
I do not feel it. That’s no knock in the Bengals. The Chiefs are the best team in the AFC and there is nothing I have seen that says the Bengals can stop their offense. And their defense has been playing very well.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
When Teeth starts a thread titled “Can you feel it?”, I just assume that he has gas again.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I asked the same question as the OP the first time I got lucky
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I asked the same question as the OP the first time I got lucky

And did Fred also tell you “no” like he did to the OP?
Reply/Quote
It will be interesting. The "vibe" started changing in the SF game even though we lost. That was when Burrow started getting into a zone and had Zac not taken the ball out of his hands they win that one in OT. The Niners game was also the last time the Bengals had a turnover and Burrow personally is at over three straight game with no turnovers.

Yes Josh Johnson was annoyingly effective last week. However we also had no Reader and patchwork linebackers plus the game was out of reach for the Rats in any event. Right now it seems we will have everyone but Waynes ready to go. So this is Lou's big chance to show he belongs as a legit NFL Defensive Coordinator. If we see them bring the heat and also TACKLE on defense the whole game changes.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:50 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: When Teeth starts a thread titled “Can you feel it?”, I just assume that he has gas again.

(01-01-2022, 08:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I asked the same question as the OP the first time I got lucky

Now that's funny. Because I do have gas, and I asked the very same question the first time as well.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:50 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: When Teeth starts a thread titled “Can you feel it?”, I just assume that he has gas again.

Sausage and Kraut and New Year's Day bro.  Been fermentin in there for hours now.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 09:20 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Now that's funny.  Because I do have gas, and I asked the very same question the first time as well.

[Image: too-much-info-overload.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 08:39 PM)SladeX Wrote: This is the most I've looked forward to a bengals game since 2015 playoff.

Me too!  And I think we can do it.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 09:22 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: [Image: too-much-info-overload.gif]

I'm just an open guy man.  Good Luck in the League Fantasy Final.  And I think you're playing Synric?  Shout out to those guys out here in JN.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 09:29 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I'm just an open guy man.  Good Luck in the League Fantasy Final.  And I think you're playing Synric?  Shout out to those guys out here in JN.

Yup, somehow the two average teams made it to the championship game. It's been a fun season and thread though in FF land.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 09:36 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Yup, somehow the two average teams made it to the championship game. It's been a fun season and thread though in FF land.

ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote