Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you feel it?
(01-01-2022, 01:30 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually there is nothing different at all.  This is exactly the same vibe everyone was feeling after the last time we blew out the Ravens before we lost 2 straight games.  And the exact same vibe we felt after we blew out the Steelers before we lost two straight games.

I am not saying I am not excited.  I am.  I definitely think we can beat the Chiefs.  But there is nothing "different" about the current vibe and the ones we have felt earlier in the year.

I would disagree.  That Ravens team had been struggling and barely squeaking by teams.  This Chiefs team has been killing people and has been the #1 scoring defense over the past eight weeks.   

What feels different is that Burrow seems to be on top of his game instead of still ascending.  If his attitude truly permeates the team, it will be different. 

I know you just like blowing up narratives, and it is really hard to quantify how a game "feels", but this game....a win today...would be MUCH bigger than beating the Rats in week 7.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:48 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I would disagree.  That Ravens team had been struggling and barely squeaking by teams.  This Chiefs team has been killing people and has been the #1 scoring defense over the past eight weeks.   

What feels different is that Burrow seems to be on top of his game instead of still ascending.  If his attitude truly permeates the team, it will be different. 

I know you just like blowing up narratives, and it is really hard to quantify how a game "feels", but this game....a win today...would be MUCH bigger than beating the Rats in week 7.

and nobody has to quantify their feelings about a game in a thread just because toasty the troll says people must when they address his bad takes.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what is comical.  You never post any facts to show why I am wrong.  All you do is say I am wrong because it is impossible for you to be wrong.  You try to belittle my opinion because you can never actually disprove it.

I 100% stand by my opinion.  The "vibe" everyone is feeling right now is exactly the same as it was after we beat the Ravens the first time.  It is the same as we all felt after we blew out the Steelers and were headed to play the Chargers in a crucial showdown for playoff position.

I am not saying there is no "vibe". I am just saying it is the same old "vibe" we have seen before this year.  

A vibe is subjective, and you are saying your opinion is 100% objective, just a few posts after you say someone has a massive ego if they expect to never be disagreed with on here.  

How can there be "facts" to show you are wrong on a subjective opinion?  The fact that more people seem to agree with Tiger Teeth tells me in a slightly objective way, that he is closer to the vibe that you.  At least on here....
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:18 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Hopefully the win 2, lose 2 trends ends tomorrow. It's a regular season game that can secure the AFN North and entry into the playoffs. I'm feeling Tiger's vibe.

As am I, and I am sure receipts will be kept and force fed to us if the Bengals lose.  I care not.  
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:20 PM)bjf123 Wrote: They’d need a lot of help to get the 1 seed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not really.  

Miami beats Tennessee (which I think is the bet of the week, even them playing on a short week).

KC loses to Denver in the altitude in a game that is sure to be Denver's Super Bowl and Drew Lock's last shot at putting some tape together for another shot at a job.

Bengals beat an eliminated Browns team that will IR everyone that is injured if they are eliminated.

KC losing to Denver is the only real long shot.  
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 04:24 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: He's never right.  It's incredible.  Reminds me of Biden 

This was hilarious, but wow....talk about throwing gas on a fire.  You add P&R to a Fred argument.    Hilarious
Reply/Quote
I can feel it.

Yes, I'm talking about the vibe.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 09:22 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Sausage and Kraut and New Year's Day bro.  Been fermentin in there for hours now.

My advice?  Run back and forth on the visitors sideline and crop dust the lot of them.

They will be running for the O2 machine.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:02 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Not really.  

Miami beats Tennessee (which I think is the bet of the week, even them playing on a short week).

KC loses to Denver in the altitude in a game that is sure to be Denver's Super Bowl and Drew Lock's last shot at putting some tape together for another shot at a job.

Bengals beat an eliminated Browns team that will IR everyone that is injured if they are eliminated.

KC losing to Denver is the only real long shot.  

Either the Pats or the Colts can also get to 11-6, right? That could give one of them the one seed, if they’re the only one with that record.

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 02:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Here is what is comical.  You never post any facts to show why I am wrong.  All you do is say I am wrong because it is impossible for you to be wrong.  You try to belittle my opinion because you can never actually disprove it.

I 100% stand by my opinion.  The "vibe" everyone is feeling right now is exactly the same as it was after we beat the Ravens the first time.  It is the same as we all felt after we blew out the Steelers and were headed to play the Chargers in a crucial showdown for playoff position.

I am not saying there is no "vibe". I am just saying it is the same old "vibe" we have seen before this year.  

I never want to see you call me a troll ever again.

You’re coming off as such a sociopathic incel here that I hope you’re trolling for your own sake.

The guy has a good feeling about the game dude. He says it’s different from good vibes he’s had in the past. It doesn’t need a logical explanation. Just stop.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:17 AM)bjf123 Wrote: Either the Pats or the Colts can also get to 11-6, right?  That could give one of them the one seed, if they’re the only one with that record.

I believe they lose all the tie breakers at 11-6 due to their AFC record. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 10:55 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: How can there be "facts" to show you are wrong on a subjective opinion?  The fact that more people seem to agree with Tiger Teeth tells me in a slightly objective way, that he is closer to the vibe that you.  At least on here....

So to recap.

OP asks a question.  

I answer the question the way I feel and it is different from the OP's opinion.

Therefore I am a silly troll.

Go back and read the thread.  I was not the one who started with the personal insults aimed at people just because they had a different opinion.  Some people just can't handle it when someone disagrees with them, go back and read the thread if you want to see who I am talking about.
Reply/Quote
I don't see you as a troll Fred, more of a wet blanket.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 03:50 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Meh, no harm.  That's pretty much how most threads go here, the same people with the same axes to grind.  Ignore them and focus on the people who stay on topic.   Like me  ThumbsUp

This is the fourth time we've won two games in a row.  Each of the three previous times, we lost the very next game.  I blame no one for being skeptical at this point and thinking/believing we'll lose tomorrow.  If you feel differently this time around, then I certainly hope you are right and I and every other skeptic are wrong.  'Cause I'm getting real tired of this two-steps-forward-one-step-back nonsense.

(01-02-2022, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So to recap.

OP asks a question.  

Go back and read the thread.  I was not the one who started with the personal insults aimed at people just because they had a different opinion.  Some people just can't handle it when someone disagrees with them, go back and read the thread if you want to see who I am talking about.

He doesn’t ask a question unless your referring to the title of the thread, and given the actual content of the OP, it’s obvious that the question was rhetorical.
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 11:03 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This was hilarious, but wow....talk about throwing gas on a fire.  You add P&R to a Fred argument.    Hilarious

shows big_ern's intelligence, all of his posts are now invalid, even when it comes to arguing with Fred. Big Grin
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 01:24 PM)NotBigzo Wrote: He doesn’t ask a question unless your referring to the title of the thread, and given the actual content of the OP, it’s obvious that the question was rhetorical.

So what is your point?

No one is allowed to post a different opinion?
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 01:29 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So what is your point?

No one is allowed to post a different opinion?

By all means, post it.

But don’t pretend that your opinion was invited because someone posed a question.

That’s a lie.
Reply/Quote
To the OP,

Idk why but ever since the thread about Chiefs
planet talking shit and me trolling their discord, I feel the exact same vibe. It’s probably just us having a high stakes game in December for the first time on 6 seasons. I wouldn’t put too much on it.

That said, the reasoning for some of the naysayers are understandable given some of the trends we’ve seen this season.

Will the trend continue? Find out on the next exiciting episode of Burrow Ball Zeeee!
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 01:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So to recap.

OP asks a question.  

Where did I call you a troll?  I think you love to crap on other people's narratives, and sometimes it is even entertaining.  It wasn't that you had a different opinion, it is that you state your opinion as fact, and you think there should be "evidence"  to prove otherwise, even on something as subjective as a "feel".  

As far as not being able to handle it when someone disagrees with them, you know that isn't it.  Heck, some of my favorite posters on here (Nicomo, Nate, Sled, Wyche, etc) and I have have heated debates, but it hardly ever gets disrespectful.  Maybe in jest, a bit, but that is it.
You tend to fall in to attorney mode of absolutes "right and wrong" and you think if someone doesn't have "evidence" to disprove your opinion (again, it is subjective) then you mock them for disbelieving with you.

I think it is just your personality, and there is nothing wrong with that.   I just wish that you could see a little more clearly how condescending your arguments are interpreted, whether that  is your intention or not. 
Reply/Quote
Boy. I didn't expect this. Just trying to express my personal feelings. But I honestly think the way I post on here is changing. Starting right now. Thanks fred, for killin my vibe, altogether.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote