Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Can you feel it?
You don't tug on Ja'Marr Chase's cape...
You don't spit into the wind
You don't pull the mask off of Boyd or Higgins
And you don't mess around with Joe!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 01:29 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Handoffs can also lead to fumbles.

True....

(01-03-2022, 02:57 AM)Joelist Wrote: No Zac got saved by Snead blatantly fouling Boyd in the end zone. You actually saw Boyd's head twisted around by Snead with his grabbing the helmet strap. 

....and beat me to it. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 07:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: The worst case scenario there was you don't get it, and they have to go 99 yards in less than a minute with no timeouts....or 60 plus to kick.

And I think that with the Ball inside the 1-yard line, the Chiefs would have had to run the ball at first, versus risking a holding call with the QB in the endzone. 

If they don't make it on 4th down, the game probably probably goes to overtime. On the other hand, if the Bengals kick the field goal, then Mahomes has time and space to work his magic, just like at the end of the first half with no time it looked like he'd completed a miracle pass.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 02:03 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Worst case is you are tied instead of ahead.  So Mahommes magic means a win for KC instead of overtime.

Zac got saved by the refs.

Oh Bull F'n crap. Each and every one of those calls was legit. Taylor called the end of that game brilliantly, no need to try to take a dump on it. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 12:45 PM)Nepanyrush Wrote: And I think that with the Ball inside the 1-yard line, the Chiefs would have had to run the ball at first, versus risking a holding call with the QB in the endzone. 

If they don't make it on 4th down, the game probably probably goes to overtime. On the other hand, if the Bengals kick the field goal, then Mahomes has time and space to work his magic, just like at the end of the first half with no time it looked like he'd completed a miracle pass.

Exactly, and I didn't even mention the KO return for TD they had called back earlier. That's a risk too.

Reply/Quote
Then why not just let him back up and take a knee? Still NO WAY anyone is going to convince me running Burrow into that mass of bodies was wise. So please, don't try.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Then why not just let him back up and take a knee?  Still NO WAY anyone is going to convince me running Burrow into that mass of bodies was wise.  So please, don't try.

https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-week-17-s-biggest-decisions-zac-taylor-wisely-managed-bizarre-finish-in-beng

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:04 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Then why not just let him back up and take a knee?  Still NO WAY anyone is going to convince me running Burrow into that mass of bodies was wise.  So please, don't try.

We're gonna live and die by the scruff of Burrow's solid steel nutsack. 
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're gonna live and die by the scruff of Burrow's solid steel nutsack. 

Steel Ball McGente!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:05 PM)Wyche Wrote: https://www.nfl.com/_amp/nfl-week-17-s-biggest-decisions-zac-taylor-wisely-managed-bizarre-finish-in-beng

Not going to work bro.  

Somebody tell me this.  "What if" Burrow gets his knee blown out again on the 2 QB sneaks at the end of the game?  Don't pretend like it couldn't happen.  But just imagine for a second that it did.  How happy are you all with the play calls then?  This board would be FULL of threads and posts questioning that.

You know, just imagine where we go from that?  

I feel he coached a great game, and ONLY QUESTIONED 2 play calls.  But I'd love an answer to JUST the bolded part.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:06 PM)Nately120 Wrote: We're gonna live and die by the scruff of Burrow's solid steel nutsack. 

You should make this a t-shirt.
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Not going to work bro.  

Somebody tell me this.  "What if" Burrow gets his knee blown out again on the 2 QB sneaks at the end of the game?  Don't pretend like it couldn't happen.  But just imagine for a second that it did.  How happy are you all with the play calls then?  This board would be FULL of threads and posts questioning that.

You know, just imagine where we go from that?  

I feel he coached a great game, and ONLY QUESTIONED 2 play calls.  But I'd love an answer to JUST the bolded part.

It would suck, no doubt. I wasn't trying to sway your opinion, just giving you a look at a different perspective from a different source than this board of us misfit miscreants....lol.

Here's my view....we criticized them for taking the ball out of JBs hands against SF...and I feel that criticism was at least mostly warranted, although I could see his thought process too. I just didn't like it, but didn't hate it, if that makes any sense. 

Yesterday, we put it ALL on Joey Franchise's shoulders, and somehow, some way, it worked out. So...yeah, I'd be very disappointed if Joe got hurt there, while at the same time, I don't like playing scared. So, I would have been as good as one could realistically be with it. Now this board? It'd be a free for all, lol, without a doubt.

I've been numb to this team since we came out in 2016 and allowed Dalton to be sacked seven times against the NYJ. We may have won that day, but I felt like that day confirmed what we all felt after the playoff meltdown....this team was going nowhere fast. So, I've enjoyed the pleasant surprise this year, and maybe that's why I'm not as critical of Zac as others. I also absolutely loved the emotion in his presser after the game.

You know you're my dog, and it no sweat that we disagree here, it's what this discussion panel is all about. Friendly debate, a little non personal banter mixed in, wallowing in the misery of the previous five years, and happy as hell to be AFCN CHAMPS today! Who effing Dey mi amigo!

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: You know you're my dog, and it no sweat that we disagree here, it's what this discussion panel is all about. Friendly debate, a little non personal banter mixed in, wallowing in the misery of the previous five years, and happy as hell to be AFCN CHAMPS today! Who effing Dey mi amigo!
Just needed to vent I guess.  Just think we could've done something else.

[Image: beauty-and-the-baller-beauty-and-the-baller-gifs.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:28 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: Just needed to vent I guess.  Just think we could've done something else.

[Image: beauty-and-the-baller-beauty-and-the-baller-gifs.gif]

Oh, we no doubt could've, and probably with better results. I'm just still coping with the Hill fumble PTSD.  Ninja

Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, we no doubt could've, and probably with better results. I'm just still coping with the Hill fumble PTSD.  Ninja

Well, thanks man.  I had moved on from that.  Now it's back to group.
[Image: laughing-rofl.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 03:56 PM)Wyche Wrote: Oh, we no doubt could've, and probably with better results. I'm just still coping with the Hill fumble PTSD.  Ninja

The Hill fumble is the exact reason not to hand off. You have the Center to QB transition, no need to add a QB to RB transition to the mix. You just double the risk of a fumble
Reply/Quote
(01-03-2022, 04:54 PM)Sled21 Wrote: The Hill fumble is the exact reason not to hand off. You have the Center to QB transition, no need to add a QB to RB transition to the mix. You just double the risk of a fumble

Absolutely my thoughts....

Reply/Quote
(01-01-2022, 01:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I have been Taylor's biggest critic all season.  But I have a funny feeling I'm going to be dining on crow tomorrow night.

Rightfully so. He’s not off the hook. Joe Burrow and Jamarr Chase won that game. Not Zac Taylor. These are the same guys that made Ed Orgeron coach of the year, btw. That should tell you something.

He bought himself a few more years. 
Reply/Quote
(01-02-2022, 02:22 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I stated my opinion in the exact same way as the OP.  I did not start bringing up "facts" and "evidence" until I was subject to personal attacks just for stating a different opinion.

I have no idea why you are addressing these comments to me.  Please go back and read the thread.  Then direct these comments to the first poster who used personal attacka against another just because he posted a different opinion.

Seriously, EVERYONE please stop blaming me for the way this thread went off the rails.  Go back and read what happened.  Then if you want to criticize someone address the person who first started with the personal attacks.

Clearly, we must have different definitions of a personal attack, but I was just saying how to possibly avoid it.  No harm, no foul.  
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2022, 08:21 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Clearly, we must have different definitions of a personal attack,

But you are silly if you disagree with me.

Good thing you don't consider that a personal attack.  I wouldn't want to get in any trouble for that.
Reply/Quote