Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Candidates for 2020 elections.
(07-16-2018, 09:12 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Elizabeth Warren has less personality than Hillary. Her, Bernie, and Harris represent your top progressive candidates. Of those three, Bernie has the broadest appeal, but my money would be on someone moderate like Cory Booker. 

Currently Harris scares me more than anyone, but I think being from Cali works against her. Seems the Dems would want to push a candidate from the rust belt or FLA.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Saw someone mention in another thread about how the non politician could be a trend.

Was talking with some friends and i mentioned Dwayne The Rock Johnson has not ruled out running for president.

And then it was brought to my attention how awsome it would be if little punk ass Putin was over there bullshitting and instead if having a conman clown kissing his ass winking at him and taking blame for Russias misdeeds it was The Rock flashing back the people's eyebrow staring him down.

It was at that moment i realized The Rock has a chance
(07-17-2018, 07:01 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Saw someone mention in another thread about how the non politician could be a trend.

Was talking with some friends and i mentioned Dwayne The Rock Johnson has not ruled out running for president.

And then it was brought to my attention how awsome it would be if little punk ass Putin was over there bullshitting and instead if having a conman clown kissing his ass winking at him and taking blame for Russias misdeeds it was The Rock flashing back the people's eyebrow staring him down.

It was at that moment i realized The Rock has a chance

The rock would lock it down. I’m being serious on that. Rock versus trump in 2020,there’s no chance for trump. The majority of his base still believe wrestling is real, so there’s a huge push.
(07-17-2018, 10:54 PM)Benton Wrote: The rock would lock it down. I’m being serious on that. Rock versus trump in 2020,there’s no chance for trump. The majority of his base still believe wrestling is real, so there’s a huge push.

I think the last election proved that people will elected a guy based on shit-talking alone.  I have zero faith in Dwayne Johnson's political acumen. That said, he seems like a dude that works his ass off at everything he does, so at least you'd get a serious effort.  Add that to the fact that he can talk shit as well or better than anyone, and you have a guy with a chance.  

I hate pro wrestling.  I wouldn't watch it if you paid me money.  Even with that at play, I still find it difficult to dislike him.  In this day and age, that might be all it takes.  

Man, I hope it hasn't come to this.  Reality star president replaced with pro wrestler president.  That's some sad material.  
Looks like EW is the first to announce her intentions:
http://video.usnews.com/Elizabeth-Warren-explores-2020-White-House-bid-34382171?playlistId=994

Quote:Sen. Elizabeth Warren (D-Mass.) officially kicked off a potential 2020 White House bid by forming an exploratory committee for the campaign.

Can't see the others dragging their feet much longer.

(01-03-2019, 01:44 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Looks like EW is the first to announce her intentions:
http://video.usnews.com/Elizabeth-Warren-explores-2020-White-House-bid-34382171?playlistId=994

Can't see the others dragging their feet much longer.

I'm ready to see some good Gen X candidates in the ring. I'm tired of Boomers running the show.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(07-17-2018, 10:54 PM)Benton Wrote: The rock would lock it down. I’m being serious on that. Rock versus trump in 2020,there’s no chance for trump. The majority of his base still believe wrestling is real, so there’s a huge push.

This is depressing.
I think the Dem field of potential candidates is largely a joke. Trump would be licking his chops to get a shot at a candidate like Elizabeth Warren. She's been an abject failure at dealing with his attacks on her thus far. It would be a disaster over the term of a full campaign. Harris is a rough sell, too. Anyone from California is. Dems need a southerner or midwesterner to appeal to places where Trump remains strong. Bad strategy to bring in a candidate from the bluest state possible.

I wonder if Jim Mattis would run a primary challenge to Trump. I can't see a Trump admin refugee switching parties to challenging him, but there's been talk about a primary on that side for awhile now. I'm not sure how much his popularity waned after falling out with president reality show, but he'd be a nice, sane, no-nonsense option.
(01-03-2019, 03:51 PM)samhain Wrote: I think the Dem field of potential candidates is largely a joke. Trump would be licking his chops to get a shot at a candidate like Elizabeth Warren. She's been an abject failure at dealing with his attacks on her thus far. It would be a disaster over the term of a full campaign. Harris is a rough sell, too. Anyone from California is. Dems need a southerner or midwesterner to appeal to places where Trump remains strong. Bad strategy to bring in a candidate from the bluest state possible.

There are expected to be somewhere around 30 candidates cropping up in the next few months. It will be interesting to see what happens with the field.
"A great democracy has got to be progressive, or it will soon cease to be either great or a democracy..." - TR

"The test of our progress is not whether we add more to the abundance of those who have much; it is whether we provide enough for those who have too little." - FDR
(01-03-2019, 03:51 PM)samhain Wrote: I think the Dem field of potential candidates is largely a joke.  Trump would be licking his chops to get a shot at a candidate like Elizabeth Warren.  She's been an abject failure at dealing with his attacks on her thus far.  It would be a disaster over the term of a full campaign.  Harris is a rough sell, too.  Anyone from California is.  Dems need a southerner or midwesterner to appeal to places where Trump remains strong.  Bad strategy to bring in a candidate from the bluest state possible.

I wonder if Jim Mattis would run a primary challenge to Trump.  I can't see a Trump admin refugee switching parties to challenging him, but there's been talk about a primary on that side for awhile now.  I'm not sure how much his popularity waned after falling out with president reality show, but he'd be a nice, sane, no-nonsense option.

I think Warren should just ask Trump, face to face, to call her his "little nickname".

If he does the nation sees him as the bully / fool he is.

If he doesn't he looks weak and still looks like a fool.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(01-03-2019, 04:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think Warren should just ask Trump, face to face, to call her his "little nickname".

But he would, and his supporters would eat it up.  Trump's appeal is that he gets to be the shitbag human being that they'd get in trouble for being IRL.  He always gets away with it.  Zero chance he wouldn't say it to her face.  Might even make a crack about killing Kennedy, mental retardation, or a bloody tampon to boot.  The fundie Christians would devour it and call him the second coming of Jesus Christ for it.  
(01-03-2019, 04:06 PM)samhain Wrote: But he would, and his supporters would eat it up.  Trump's appeal is that he gets to be the shitbag human being that they'd get in trouble for being IRL.  He always gets away with it.  Zero chance he wouldn't say it to her face.  Might even make a crack about killing Kennedy, mental retardation, or a bloody tampon to boot.  The fundie Christians would devour it and call him the second coming of Jesus Christ for it.  

His supporters will...people on the fence (are there any left?) will see him as a small human being and certainly not a "man".

But he won't do it because he's a bully and like all bullies he does his best work when not being confronted.
(01-03-2019, 03:51 PM)samhain Wrote: Trump would be licking his chops to get a shot at a candidate like Elizabeth Warren.  She's been an abject failure at dealing with his attacks on her thus far.  It would be a disaster over the term of a full campaign.  

Agreed. She has no personality and plays right into his traps.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(07-17-2018, 11:02 PM)samhain Wrote: I think the last election proved that people will elected a guy based on shit-talking alone.  I have zero faith in Dwayne Johnson's political acumen. That said, he seems like a dude that works his ass off at everything he does, so at least you'd get a serious effort.  Add that to the fact that he can talk shit as well or better than anyone, and you have a guy with a chance.  

I hate pro wrestling.  I wouldn't watch it if you paid me money.  Even with that at play, I still find it difficult to dislike him.  In this day and age, that might be all it takes.  

Man, I hope it hasn't come to this.  Reality star president replaced with pro wrestler president.  That's some sad material.  

Ever see the movie “Idiocracy”? I give you president Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho.
(01-03-2019, 04:21 PM)GMDino Wrote: His supporters will...people on the fence (are there any left?) will see him as a small human being and certainly not a "man".

But he won't do it because he's a bully and like all bullies he does his best work when not being confronted.

Maybe Biden should announce and then challenge Trump to that fist fight face to face. 

But he probably wont. Does that make Biden a bully? 

(01-03-2019, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe Biden should announce and then challenge Trump to that fist fight face to face. 

Biden said he would fight Trump if they were back in high school and I don't know of any time machines anywhere.

How could that possibly make Biden a bully?

Or did the echo chamber tell you that Biden actually challenged Trump to a fight?
(01-03-2019, 10:15 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Biden said he would fight Trump if they were back in high school and I don't know of any time machines anywhere.

How could that possibly make Biden a bully?

Or did the echo chamber tell you that Biden actually challenged Trump to a fight?

Actually he said he would "beat the hell" out of him; instead of debating him

Definitely, not a bully mentality. or so you've been told. 

(01-03-2019, 09:59 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Maybe Biden should announce and then challenge Trump to that fist fight face to face. 

Eh, maybe Biden just takes issues with "men" who speak about women they way Trump does.

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/video/2018/mar/22/id-beat-the-hell-out-of-him-says-joe-biden-of-trump-video

Quote:At a rally hosted by a sexual assault awareness group on 20 March, Biden recalled a recording released during the 2016 presidential campaign of Trump using profanities to refer to lewd behaviour with women. 'If we were in high school, I'd take him behind the gym and beat the hell out of him,' Biden said.

So while I never feel violence is a good answer that's not "bullying" and if Biden did tell Trump to his face Trump would probably back down then too.
I think Biden is the only candidate capable of throwing what Trump does back at him. No one else could pull that off.

In other news, it's funny seeing progressive react to Warren (who I still maintain is a complete dud of a candidate) like she's the greatest candidate ever. Especially after O'Malley praised O'Rourke, they're going on about how he's a "centrist". I saw one post that suggested any criticism of her is a revival of Bernie Bro misogyny.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

(01-03-2019, 04:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: I think Warren should just ask Trump, face to face, to call her his "little nickname".

As long ad Trump is still white in 2020 I'm sure his fan base would love watching him spend the majority of a debate mocking his opponent for being a fake redskin with a vagina.