Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cappa in a Scooter
(01-11-2023, 06:36 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: [Image: 1337134218.0.jpg]

good 4th receiver. Cannot fill a borderline top 10 receiver's shoes
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:33 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Great. Fantastic. That doesn’t dispute my point. He got hurt against Cleveland and never regained his past skill.

He also would blame the other o-linemen on twitter.

This all doesn’t take away the fact that Spain’s 2021 regular season was much better than Volson’s 2022.

But keep bringing up how he’s not on a team currently. Like that matters to the discussion lol

Bingo. In my opinion that's exactly why he's not back here when they could have got him back even for depth pretty easily. It's most likely why he's not on another team as well since he is definitely better than a lot of backup guards and olineman in general in the league. I mean Michael Jordan and Bobby Hart are still in the league and get playing time too. 

This team doesn't want that type of stuff in the locker room. One of the biggest reasons they're winning is the culture and the team genuinely liking who they work with. It's a pretty big deal to work with people you like. No matter what your occupation is you're more productive and it's easier to come to work when you like the people you work with. 

I'll admit I was tired of hearing Zac talk about culture, culture, culture for 2 years. I started to think he was full of it and was trying to use it to keep his job as long as he could. Then very early last year you could see this team had a massive change in the way you saw them interacting with each other and the body language they would be using on the sideline. I started to see a team that legit liked each other and bought into not wanting to let each other down and holding themselves and other accountable from within. I was 100% wrong about Zac and his philosophy and I'm glad that I was.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:36 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We are in trouble if Jackson plays. Deep if no Tee.

It really is sounding like Jackson won't play. He still has swelling and didn't practice today. 

We definitely shouldn't take the Ravens lightly but if we prepare for them and are disciplined we can beat them. Disciplined might mean running the ball for small gains and throwing quick passes for short yards while the defense does the heavy lifting. Don't ask too much of the offensive line. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 07:11 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: It really is sounding like Jackson won't play. He still has swelling and didn't practice today. 

We definitely shouldn't take the Ravens lightly but if we prepare for them and are disciplined we can beat them. Disciplined might mean running the ball for small gains and throwing quick passes for short yards while the defense does the heavy lifting. Don't ask too much of the offensive line. 

Good news for us. 

Though I must say I hope that camp vanilla has the right of it, and our second half struggles were because we held our cards close to our vests.  I don't buy that entirely. We had numerous overthrows/underthrows/misreads and drops that left 3-4 TDs on the board. That is flat out sloppy, it does not have anything to do with playcalling. You try to make the play in front of you. Also, the OL getting pushed around, particularly early and in pass pro, that is also a different thing. And you want to protect Burrow at all times. 

I think BOTH things probably contributed. 

Hopefully I was just being overly pessimistic. 
Reply/Quote
ZT saiid it wasn’t his knee and it’s his ankle. So there’s Nothing torn or in need of surgery? Alex will not be ready for this Sunday’s Wildcard game vs. the Ravens.

Is he dealing with a high ankle sprain? If so, that’s a long nagging injury 5-6 weeks. RICE protocols for 2-weeks before even trying to put pressure on the injured ligaments. They’ve been kinda hush hush about what exactly is going on here…..
Reply/Quote
So, pretty much what many of us were thinking. High ankle sprains are no fun, I've had a few. However, I can tell you from experience that if they weren't comfortable with Scharping in there, Alex would likely pull on one of those lace-up compression sleeves, tape the hell out of that joint, and play football. He's much better off letting it heal on it's own, but playing RG on a high ankle sprain isn't the same as trying to play Safety or WR, etc. I've done it myself.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He's most likely finished this year. I think there could be a sliver of hope he could play in the Super Bowl should the Bengals get there.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:48 PM)samhain Wrote: I'd be really surprised if Tee doesn't play.  If he has discomfort and no risk of further structural damage, then there's no question.  It's the playoffs.  Lots of guys are banged up.  That's not the kind of injury you sit out for in the postseason.  

Even if he were to sit, it's hardly the end of the world.  Most teams would still love to go into a game with Chase, Boyd, and Hurst and be considered "limited".

I'd wager that the worst case scenario is that we see a bit of rotation, if we get a lead.
Something tells me that Hurst blows up this game and opens things up for whatever WRs are lined up.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, pretty much what many of us were thinking.  High ankle sprains are no fun, I've had a few.  However, I can tell you from experience that if they weren't comfortable with Scharping in there, Alex would likely pull on one of those lace-up compression sleeves, tape the hell out of that joint, and play football.  He's much better off letting it heal on it's own, but playing RG on a high ankle sprain isn't the same as trying to play Safety or WR, etc.  I've done it myself.

This...
He's a trooper and will play, should the scenario arise that it become necessary.

Cigar
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 08:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: So, pretty much what many of us were thinking.  High ankle sprains are no fun, I've had a few.  However, I can tell you from experience that if they weren't comfortable with Scharping in there, Alex would likely pull on one of those lace-up compression sleeves, tape the hell out of that joint, and play football.  He's much better off letting it heal on it's own, but playing RG on a high ankle sprain isn't the same as trying to play Safety or WR, etc.  I've done it myself.

Yeah, he could go in the AFCCG or SB. As you said, he’s good to go with a compression cast, tape the hell outta it, and take some toradol (Extra strength ibuprofen, AND let’s play some football). 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 09:20 PM)BIGDADDYFROMCINCINNATI Wrote: Yeah, he could go in the AFCCG or SB. As you said, he’s good to go with a compression cast, tape the hell outta it, and take some toradol (Extra strength ibuprofen, AND let’s play some football). 

I'm sure that it's much different being an NFL player, but whenever I would get an ankle sprain, I had to go to work on Monday.  (Semi-Pro is really adult amature using NFL rules)  But on multiple ocassions, I would have to lace it up, just to go to work that following Monday.  Thank goodness our practices were Tuesday and Thursday, with games on Saturdays.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 06:54 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: good 4th receiver. Cannot fill a borderline top 10 receiver's shoes

True but he keeps them from being legitimately in trouble. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:12 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I'm sure that it's much different being an NFL player, but whenever I would get an ankle sprain, I had to go to work on Monday.  (Semi-Pro is really adult amature using NFL rules)  But on multiple ocassions, I would have to lace it up, just to go to work that following Monday.  Thank goodness our practices were Tuesday and Thursday, with games on Saturdays.

Maybe I'm over reacting, but I'm fairly sure you didn't face the Ravens defense with that bum ankle.. Just a wild stab in the dark you know, but if you did god help you when you're really old..  Wink
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote