Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cappa in a Scooter
Volcon had a real rookie game. Wasn't getting pushed around so much but Oweh had him dizzy with spin moves. Dealing with really speedy interior DL is something Volson will learn to do over time.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:59 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Just my like gf saying she’s not hungry when  I order food. Take it with a grain of salt. :)

As long as we drifted off track with this witty analogy, here is a humorous take on When you girl says "I'm not hungry."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8-87gNA-iQc
Reply/Quote
LOL

People are still quoting Spain's PFF numbers?

Wow.

If PFF says he's so good . . . why is he still un-signed?

I remember him tweeting his crying emoji when he didn't get picked for the Pro Bowl because he bought into his PFF numbers being some of the best in the league or whatever. He's a stiff and PFF is a joke. Just take a gander at the DB ratings on both sides of the Atlanta game this season if you need proof that they're a joke. One team threw for 459 yards and the other team threw for 107 yards in a loss and you can't tell which team is which by just looking at the ratings by themselves.

Pratt has great PFF numbers. Let's see what that gets him in the off-season.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:37 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: he's been able to handle it his all career

and his pass pro is the strength of his game

Not worried about his pass pro.

The concern is that minus Cappa and more specifically Collins, they struggle to get the push that they'd been getting in the run game before NE.  If the Ravens dare them to run, they mifght have a hard time answering.  The offense was consistently devastating when they were gashing defenses on the ground and putting together long drives a-la the KC game.  They could beat teams in just about any way they wanted.

They need to re-establish the run and get Burrow into the 3rd and shorts that he's a terror in.  He can carry the offense, but he's practically invincible when there's a legitimate run threat.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:18 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: LOL

People are still quoting Spain's PFF numbers?

Wow.

If PFF says he's so good . . . why is he still un-signed?

Spain was not very good in pass protection and it didn't matter if you are talking regular season or post season.   His regular season PFF grade for pass protection was 58.9   Spain gave up 5 sacks while playing 995 snaps.  Volson gave up 5 sacks playing 1107 snaps.  Volson committed 5 penalties in those 1107 snaps, Spain committed 4 penalties in his 995.  Most people would admit Volson has had an up and down year but he is just a rookie and certainly not a great player at this point in his career.  Spain had similar pass protection numbers last year as a 7 year vet.  That's hardly great much less good yet, we have some of our fans keep acting like Spain was this great left guard.  He wasn't.  He could run block good but as far as pass protection he did no better as a 7 year vet than a rookie.
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:27 PM)samhain Wrote: Not worried about his pass pro.

The concern is that minus Cappa and more specifically Collins, they struggle to get the push that they'd been getting in the run game before NE.  If the Ravens dare them to run, they mifght have a hard time answering.  The offense was consistently devastating when they were gashing defenses on the ground and putting together long drives a-la the KC game.  They could beat teams in just about any way they wanted.

They need to re-establish the run and get Burrow into the 3rd and shorts that he's a terror in.  He can carry the offense, but he's practically invincible when there's a legitimate run threat.

I see losing Higgins this week would be worse than Cappa,, Burrow is  very good QB but great when he has the trio of WRs.. we have won with bad lines but if Higgins is out, we can;t afford to lose Chase or Boyd
Reply/Quote
Yet that happened vs the browns (plus hurst, IIRC) and we won.

Obviously having them all healthy is preferred…
Reply/Quote
(01-10-2023, 11:58 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: I see losing Higgins this week would be worse than Cappa,, Burrow is  very good QB but great when he has the trio of WRs.. we have won with bad lines but if Higgins is out, we can;t afford to lose Chase or Boyd

if higgins is out, cincy is legitimately in trouble
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: if higgins is out, cincy is legitimately in trouble

We are in trouble if Jackson plays. Deep if no Tee.
Reply/Quote
It's not like Irwin and Taylor can't play worth a crap.

They've won without Chase, they've won without Hurst and they've won without Higgins.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:54 AM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: It's not like Irwin and Taylor can't play worth a crap.

They've won without Chase, they've won without Hurst and they've won without Higgins.

This. The days of having no good WR's on the bench ready to come in are over. Irwin is about as sure handed as any receiver in the league, though maybe not as fast. And, he's not afraid to take a hit. Same could be said for Taylor. The days of Mike Thomas coming in and dropping passes are over. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 01:36 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: We are in trouble if Jackson plays. Deep if no Tee.

The same Jackson that has not thrown a pass in 6-8 weeks? I'll take my chances with Burrow and our receivers if Tee is out!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 10:24 AM)Tomcat Wrote: The same Jackson that has not thrown a pass in 6-8 weeks? I'll take my chances with Burrow and our receivers if Tee is out!

And the same Jackson who has a PCL injury....
Reply/Quote
I'm not afraid of Jackson anymore. Healthy or unhealthy, Lou seems to know how to scheme for him and Hubbard and Hendrickson do a good job on containment in the pocket. Plus, he seems to be really pissed at the Ravens over his contract situation.

I'm more worried about Cappa and Higgins. Get Healthy boys. Who Dey.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:01 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Lol, remember Jonah and his "minor" setback that turned into the season?

Rich Braham will always be the cream of the crop. Those career ending knee bruises are brutal. The Bryant signing was an absolutely awful situation too. If it was me everyone that examined him before the signing that just cost me 7 million dollars for a guy to run like 2 plays in practice would have been fired immediately.
Reply/Quote
I don't want to count my chickens before they hatch but this is about as close as it gets. If Jackson and Huntley don't play, I'm almost thinking divisional round already. In that sense, Tee will still dress- it's the playoffs- but I'd limit his involvement. That would hold true for others who are hobbled as well.

Don't get me wrong, playoff games are playoff games. Any given Sunday, etc. But we'll have such a significant talent advantage at key positions (most notably QB) that we should expect to win this one handily. Of course, we'd have to be ready to adjust on the fly if things don't go according to plan, and that can be tricky. But given the playoff pedigree and reservoir of leadership on this team, I think it can be managed.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: For what it’s worth Max Scharping played very well in Alex Cappa’s place this afternoon.  I watched carefully and Scharping, while not as talented as Cappa, did an admirable job.

He didn't look too bad but I wouldn't go as far as saying he played very well. His feet looked like he was playing on the beach. Him and Adeniji both got whooped far more than I'd like to see but so did Jonah. He's regressed a lot this year. Could be somewhat related to his injury but if I recall correctly he wasn't doing too hot prior to it either. That said I still think they're in a better position on the oline then they were last year. Burrows been getting it out quicker more often this year, 2nd in the NFL behind Brady I think which is also one possible reason for so many batted balls this year. In my opinion our run game is gonna suffer more than the passing game because there's things they do or potentially can do in the pass game to compensate for it but in the run game you can't just run it to the left every time and expect it to be effective especially when Jonah has never been a particularly good run blocker at his best and he surely has not been playing his best this year.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2023, 12:06 AM)Frank Booth Wrote: if higgins is out, cincy is legitimately in trouble

[Image: 1337134218.0.jpg]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Higgins is fine he's just missed practice with illness..
https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/zac-taylor-confirms-tee-higgins-dealing-with-illness-missed-wednesday-practice
Reply/Quote
I'd be really surprised if Tee doesn't play. If he has discomfort and no risk of further structural damage, then there's no question. It's the playoffs. Lots of guys are banged up. That's not the kind of injury you sit out for in the postseason.

Even if he were to sit, it's hardly the end of the world. Most teams would still love to go into a game with Chase, Boyd, and Hurst and be considered "limited".
Reply/Quote