Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cappa in a Scooter
So basically every different mention of Cappa's status in this thread comes from one source - Hobspins vague remark in one sentence in an article. People need to R E L A X and let the team work things out.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:45 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Hobson confirmed he's out.

Cappa had his ankle rolled in the pocket late in the third quarter and the talk around his locker was he was out for the rest of the playoffs. But when he rolled by on a scooter, he was asked how he was doing and he smiled said, "Great. We just won the division."

Hope he is ready for camp next year great guy that plays hard.
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:54 AM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: That’s a broad stroke of the brush. I mean I wouldn’t be surprised if he is right, but what talk? Players, or media? Cappa himself?

I'd say it was the media speculating.....

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 03:19 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'd say it was the media speculating.....

Nope. 

https://www.cleveland.com/bengals/2023/01/bengals-rg-alex-cappa-suffers-left-ankle-injury-long-term-status-uncertain.html

Money quote, from Ted Karras, "I've gotten plenty of reps with Max. He's been a three-year starter for Houston, starter since he came into the league. I'm going to miss Alex." 

I know a lot of people on here want Cappa to be OK, but he isn't. He is gonna miss next week, and probably the rest of the post-season. If we get that far, the SB is in 5 weeks. Maybe. Too early to say for sure. But do you leave a roster spot open for three games just in case he MIGHT be ready to play? We did for CJ last year, and he gave all he could, but it wasn't much. 

And you don't have players use the term "heartbreaking" to describe an injury if the dude is gonna be back in a few weeks. For crying out loud. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:06 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Nope. 

https://www.cleveland.com/bengals/2023/01/bengals-rg-alex-cappa-suffers-left-ankle-injury-long-term-status-uncertain.html

Money quote, from Ted Karras, "I've gotten plenty of reps with Max. He's been a three-year starter for Houston, starter since he came into the league. I'm going to miss Alex." 

I know a lot of people on here want Cappa to be OK, but he isn't. He is gonna miss next week, and probably the rest of the post-season. If we get that far, the SB is in 5 weeks. Maybe. Too early to say for sure. But do you leave a roster spot open for three games just in case he MIGHT be ready to play? We did for CJ last year, and he gave all he could, but it wasn't much. 

And you don't have players use the term "heartbreaking" to describe an injury if the dude is gonna be back in a few weeks. For crying out loud. 

That really sucks. Cappa was our best Lineman. I am thankful it’s not a knee though for long term prognosis.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 10:36 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: For what it’s worth Max Scharping played very well in Alex Cappa’s place this afternoon. I watched carefully and Scharping, while not as talented as Cappa, did an admirable job.

Huge news
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:06 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Nope. 

Losing Cappa is going to sting for sure, as he's been rock solid at RG all season.  However, Scharping is a quality player and should be able to get the job done without incident.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 04:06 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Nope. 

To be fair, Karras didn't know the extent of the injury when he said that. It's speculation. 

I think its super encouraging that there was no boot and Cappa was just raw dogging it on the scooter after the game. There wasn't even any ice around his ankle. If it were that serious he'd be in a boot or at least have ice on it. 

I'm not saying he's going to play this week, just don't think it's as bad as many of us originally thought. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 08:17 AM)Whacked Wrote: Huge news

Now as for the left side...yikes. 
Reply/Quote
So we are looking at starting lineup of:

Williams-Volson-Karras-Sharping-Adeniji

Is that much better than what we rolled with last year? I’m not sure. Adeniji is in his more natural position, but, is Sharping better than what we got from our Guards last year?
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So we are looking at starting lineup of:

Is that much better than what we rolled with last year? I’m not sure. Adeniji is in his more natural position, but, is Sharping better than what we got from our Guards last year?

Right now, i have a hard time believing Scharping could be worse than Adeniji was at RG last year. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 11:44 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: So we are looking at starting lineup of:

Yes, he is. I paid particular attention to Max Scharping yesterday and, while he’s not at Alex Cappa’s level, he is way better than last year’s starting right guard.
Reply/Quote

That line is still better. Plugging in Karras and Volson alone makes it better. 
Reply/Quote

Scharping is 100% better than Adeniji was at RG last season
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:11 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: That line is still better. Plugging in Karras and Volson alone makes it better. 

Spain was better than Volson. He just was

But this isn’t the place for logical disussion lol
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:18 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Spain was better than Volson. He just was

But this isn’t the place for logical disussion lol

Their play is like literally the same. Just about average. Nothing special. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:19 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Their play is like literally the same. Just about average. Nothing special. 

Nope. Spain was better throughout the regular season. This is an objective fact.

Reply/Quote
We know Alex won't be back this week. The real question is if he'll return anytime before Feb 12th. The good news is that it is not a knee so at least he will be ready to start training camp

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:21 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Nope. Spain was better throughout the regular season. This is an objective fact.

There's a reason Spain is sitting at home on his couch right now. No one wanted him. No one. 
Reply/Quote
(01-09-2023, 12:26 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: There's a reason Spain is sitting at home on his couch right now. No one wanted him. No one. 

Great. Fantastic. That doesn’t dispute my point. He got hurt against Cleveland and never regained his past skill.

He also would blame the other o-linemen on twitter.

This all doesn’t take away the fact that Spain’s 2021 regular season was much better than Volson’s 2022.

But keep bringing up how he’s not on a team currently. Like that matters to the discussion lol
Reply/Quote