Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cappa in a Scooter
(01-08-2023, 06:59 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Just my like gf saying she’s not hungry when  I order food. Take it with a grain of salt. :)

I'll just have "some" of yours. One of my least favorite lines!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:59 PM)jeremydc Wrote: Just my like gf saying she’s not hungry when  I order food. Take it with a grain of salt. :)

Then she tells you she will have just a few of your fries and it turns into this!
[Image: tumblr_o27ad8jTTt1rt2jwoo1_500.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Just because WE don't get all the information doesn't mean the player and team are kept in the dark about the status of an injury. What Zac says may not always mesh with what the team doctors think...especially this time of year

However, the media is reporting that Alex seems to be in a good mood, that he is posing for the team pictures and smoking cigars with everybody. I doubt he would be in a good mood if he got season-ending news. Ankle injuries for these big guys often look worse because their limps are so pronounced due to their height and weight

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Ouch, this one hurts, could use a miraculous healing this week.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:47 PM)pally Wrote: Alex Cappa is currently using a knee scooter to keep weight off the ankle.  If there was even an outside of a chance of a knee injury they wouldn't have him use that which relies on the person kneeling on the bad leg.

Granted this is the same type of injury that Riley Reiff got at about the same time last season so an ankle like that for short term purposes is not a good thing either

Same type of injury as Riley Reiff?  We kept expecting him back and he never made it back.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:55 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Cappa mouthed that he will be ok.  Of course players often say that.

Being OK and playing anytime soon are two very different things. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:10 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Being OK and playing anytime soon are two very different things. 

I took it as he thought he would be ok to go.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: Same type of injury as Riley Reiff?  We kept expecting him back and he never made it back.

I'm hoping they since they've already done the MRI, they know that the ligaments aren't torn.  Reiff tore ligaments which ultimately required surgery because they didn't heal on their own

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:20 PM)pally Wrote: I'm hoping they since they've already done the MRI, they know that the ligaments aren't torn.  Reiff tore ligaments which ultimately required surgery because they didn't heal on their own

Thanks for the hopeful report. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I took it as he thought he would be ok to go.

I know. I think that could be a mistake. 
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:23 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I know. I think that could be a mistake. 

Absolutely. I’m glad he at least thought so. Lots of injuries players know they are done.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: Same type of injury as Riley Reiff?  We kept expecting him back and he never made it back.

Now we have fans with no medical knowledge of the inury saying it is the same injury Reiff suffered.

Please by all means share your x-rays of the injury.

I hate rumors and specualtion.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 06:52 PM)Frank Booth Wrote: Just being honest. This team never tells the truth with injuries

Does any?
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:04 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Then she tells you she will have just a few of your fries and it turns into this!
[Image: tumblr_o27ad8jTTt1rt2jwoo1_500.jpg]

LAY OFF ME I’M STARVING
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:01 PM)bengalfan47 Wrote: Lol, remember Jonah and his "minor" setback that turned into the season?

Lol hell I remember the infamous career ending bone bruise.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:00 PM)TKUHL Wrote: Lol hell I remember the infamous career ending bone bruise.

I remember when Mixon was questionable every single week

He ended up not playing the rest of season
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 07:25 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Absolutely. I’m glad he at least thought so. Lots of injuries players know they are done.

You seem to be missing the point. Guys get carted off all the time. Sometimes in a neck brace. When they give a thumbs up/I'm good it usually is not meant to convey they are gonna play in 6 days. It's meant to convey they are not in any immediate/serious danger or have not suffered anything catastrophic. 

Guys who walk off often miss multiple weeks or longer. He could not make it to the locker room. 
Reply/Quote
What are the chances that they were just being precatious?

I know big MFERs handle these types of injuries worse. So much weight.
Reply/Quote
(01-08-2023, 08:03 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: You seem to be missing the point. Guys get carted off all the time. Sometimes in a neck brace. When they give a thumbs up/I'm good it usually is not meant to convey they are gonna play in 6 days. It's meant to convey they are not in any immediate/serious danger or have not suffered anything catastrophic. 

Guys who walk off often miss multiple weeks or longer. He could not make it to the locker room. 

And what I am saying is it looked more like him saying he would be good to go. It didn’t look like the typical thumbs up I’ll walk again signal. I could be completely wrong I’m just saying I took that one differently.

Reply/Quote
Last time I sprained my ankle was when I got pissed and kicked the side of my car at mid-drivers door where there's heavy steel bracing or was in that car. The door didn't give, but I did.. I was back to work on my feet in 3 days.. Hurt like a b*tch for a few days, but i lived.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote