Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carman back at PBS
Reports are Carman came in another 15-20 lbs lighter and ia looking like he put in the offseason work. I think the young man figured it out....
Reply/Quote
If he can play at his highest level this year our O Line would look very very promising next season.
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2023, 11:09 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Reports are Carman came in another 15-20 lbs lighter and ia looking like he put in the offseason work. I think the young man figured it out....

Well that shows he’s willing to play RT. I’ve said competition is the greatest recipe for a team. The Oklahoma women’s softball team has a ridiculous competition each week amongst a few positions and it’s working. They are 101-4 the last 2 seasons. Word is Collins is also working hard.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
As much as I want Dawand Jones. I've been a Carman fan all along too.

If I can't have Dawand then I'm rooting for Carman to win the RT job.
Reply/Quote
I know it is pre-season, where most stories are positive, so I tend to be skeptical. But this is encouraging, coupled with his positive play at LT in the POs last year. If he is trending in the right direction, and blossoms into a starter-level player, we couod have REALLY good OT depth this year.

I know it is a lot of ifs and buts, BUT IF Carmam leveks up, and IF Williams does not get traded l, and IF Collins bounces back....we are loaded at OT. Overloaded really. Heck 2 out of 3 would be great.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 03:23 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: I know it is pre-season, where most stories are positive, so I tend to be skeptical. But this is encouraging, coupled with his positive play at LT in the POs last year. If he is trending in the right direction, and blossoms into a starter-level player, we couod have REALLY good OT depth this year.

I know it is a lot of ifs and buts, BUT IF Carmam leveks up, and IF Williams does not get traded l, and IF Collins bounces back....we are loaded at OT. Overloaded really. Heck 2 out of 3 would be great.
Definitely either trading Williams or cutting Collins regardless of Carman's progress imo... there's also Cody Ford, like him or not he was brought in to play tackle not guard
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 03:35 AM)Esc33 Wrote: Definitely either trading Williams or cutting Collins regardless of Carman's progress imo... there's also Cody Ford, like him or not he was brought in to play tackle not guard

Yes, but Ford CAN play guard, so if Cappa or Volson get hurt, we won't have to see Adeniji in there.
Reply/Quote
Encouraging, but still need to see him play well constantly. I want to see him dominate in the preseason before I would begin to feel comfortable with him as our RT.
It's easy to see the world in black and white. Grey? I don't know what to do with grey.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Would love to see him excel at RT this year. Take control of the job early & don't let go.
Reply/Quote
Unlike many banging the drum for a RT in the draft, the Bengals seem to have already addressed the OL very significantly in the last two years. When they added Orlando Brown, that was four starting OL added by free agency (Brown, La'el Collins, Cappa, Karras) to complement Volson through the draft, and that is not to mention they still have Jonah Williams (11th overall selection in draft), Carman (2nd round pick), and others.

Unless someone major slips, such as Wright, I don't see the need for the Bengals to go after another OL in the first round.
Reply/Quote
While I would be over the moon to see him succeed at RT, if Jonah is back and is the clear front-runner, I wouldn't be surprised to see Carman back at LG for competition with Volson.

Remember, Volson still isn't that great, rookie improvements or not.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
Thinking Caman will win the RT spot, even if Jonah stays

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Ted Karras has been good for Jackson Carman. At the very least Carman has put himself in the conversation as the 6th offensive lineman. You can see why Cincy drafted him though watching him drive guys off the field.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Literally everyone should be Carman fans right now
Reply/Quote
Everyone should be rooting for Carman so the Bengals don't have to spend another early draft pick on OL.
It'd be great if the first 3 picks can be between CB, TE, and RB.
Then they could just get a position-versatile OL in (early) Day 3 that can help improve the depth if they wanted.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Let’s see if this 5 star second round athlete can finally crack the starting lineup in year 3

It's because you are of such profound wisdom, Frank Booth. - SunsetBengal
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 01:48 AM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: As much as I want Dawand Jones. I've been a Carman fan all along too.

If I can't have Dawand then I'm rooting for Carman to win the RT job.

This.  He didn't get a lot of sympathy coming off a herniated disc his senior year, where he played with it for the last 5 games.  He wanted to win a National Championship, but Joe Burrow had other plans.

He hurt his draft stock by not being able to do the combine and I think it delayed his ability to condition properly leading up to camp.  He earned another opportunity based on how he played in the AFC Championship Game last year, IMHO.

I would LOVE to see a "Jonah for a pick" trade in this years draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:16 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: This.  He didn't get a lot of sympathy coming off a herniated disc his senior year, where he played with it for the last 5 games.  He wanted to win a National Championship, but Joe Burrow had other plans.

He hurt his draft stock by not being able to do the combine and I think it delayed his ability to condition properly leading up to camp.  He earned another opportunity based on how he played in the AFC Championship Game last year, IMHO.

I would LOVE to see a "Jonah for a pick" trade in this years draft.

As someone who has multiple herniated discs, I can tell you that those without them have no idea who bad and how constant the pain can be. I cannot fathom playing Pro level football with one.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 09:11 AM)Nepa Wrote: Unlike many banging the drum for a RT in the draft, the Bengals seem to have already addressed the OL very significantly in the last two years. When they added Orlando Brown, that was four starting OL added by free agency (Brown, La'el Collins, Cappa, Karras) to complement Volson through the draft, and that is not to mention they still have Jonah Williams (11th overall selection in draft), Carman (2nd round pick), and others.

Unless someone major slips, such as Wright, I don't see the need for the Bengals to go after another OL in the first round.

Agreed there is little need and forget about a stud dropping to #28. Focus on positions that beat Mahomes now in the early rounds and that’s more offense and attacking Mahomes when he’s in the pocket. More offense never hurts.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2023, 11:38 AM)Sled21 Wrote: As someone who has multiple herniated discs, I can tell you that those without them have no idea who bad and how constant the pain can be. I cannot fathom playing Pro level football with one.

Aint that the truth! I am dealing with one now and have been beyind frustrated at this whole process. Finally get an MRI on Thursday after two months of treatements that didn't work
Reply/Quote