Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer
I know that Luvnut has a thread in "Around the NFL" on Palmer, but a lot of the regulars in Smack Talk seem like they don't even read that section. So I thought I'd place it here so I can get some real feedback.

Do "you" THE BENGAL FANS want the Cardinals to win it all because of Palmer or do you want them to get their ass kicked because of Palmer?

I'm curious because I'm rooting for the Broncos simply because of Peyton. If Peyton wasn't on the team, I could care less what the Broncos do. But I want to see Peyton get another Superbowl ring before he retires.

I noticed that a lot of Bengal fans have strong feelings on Palmer for or against him. I don't understand how y'all can hate the guy. He was a good Bengals QB and from what I've read, he left Cincinnati not because of Mike Brown but because he didn't want to play for Marvin Lewis anymore. He said that Marvin doesn't know how to win and he wanted to go where he at least had a chance to win. That chance seems to be "now".

I would think the Bengals fans would support him as much as me and Colts Fans support Peyton.
Reply/Quote
I want them to win, Palmer deserves a Super Bowl ring.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 09:12 AM)magikod Wrote: I want them to win, Palmer deserves a Super Bowl ring.

No one deserves a Super Bowl ring.  
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:30 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: No one deserves a Super Bowl ring.  

Until they win one.  
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:32 AM)JS-Steelerfan Wrote: Until they win one.  

Then they earned it.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:33 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I know that Luvnut has a thread in "Around the NFL" on Palmer, but a lot of the regulars in Smack Talk seem like they don't even read that section. So I thought I'd place it here so I can get some real feedback.

Do "you" THE BENGAL FANS want the Cardinals to win it all because of Palmer or do you want them to get their ass kicked because of Palmer?

I'm curious because I'm rooting for the Broncos simply because of Peyton. If Peyton wasn't on the team, I could care less what the Broncos do. But I want to see Peyton get another Superbowl ring before he retires.

I noticed that a lot of Bengal fans have strong feelings on Palmer for or against him. I don't understand how y'all can hate the guy. He was a good Bengals QB and from what I've read, he left Cincinnati not because of Mike Brown but because he didn't want to play for Marvin Lewis anymore. He said that Marvin doesn't know how to win and he wanted to go where he at least had a chance to win. That chance seems to be "now".

I would think the Bengals fans would support him as much as me and Colts Fans support Peyton.

Palmer did quit on the team and the city, but like the thread I started stated, it is time for me to move on. I hope CP the best the rest of his career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I don't care one way or the other.

I used to side with Palmer as I really didn't like Marvin. And I still don't. On the other hand, Carson could have changed that. Brown was enamored with the guy. If he and Chad and the others had gone to Brown and said "hey, none of us want to play for Marvin, he's kind of an idiot," we probably wouldn't have this state of continual one year contracts with an impotent coach. Plus, earlier this season Carson talked about when he was here he didn't give as much effort to it as he should have.

I get having respect for Manning as he brought the Colts organization up. Palmer didn't do anything outside of slowing us down and giving us a few memorable games.
Reply/Quote
Palmer quit. Nobody forced him to sign an extension.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
I don't care about Palmer, one way or another.
I wouldn't mind seeing a certain WR named Larry get a ring.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:21 AM)Luvnit2 Wrote: Palmer did quit on the team and the city, but like the thread I started stated, it is time for me to move on. I hope CP the best the rest of his career.

Not an attack on Luvnit2 but just using his post because he states Palmer "quit". There is no question he did not want to work for SOP any longer. Due to that fact it is impossible for him to play for the city and fans without working for SOP so you can not say he "quit" them. As a result of not wanting to work for SOP he was no longer permitted to play for the city or the fans. 

Here is what I find to be a sad state of people's hypocrisy on this topic. How many people on here that spew hatred and venomous words towards Palmer have broken a contact or know and love some who has?

I don't use the argument of quitting a job (although it applies exactly) because people use the weak arguement of "but it's not a contact" even though it is.

Over 1/2 of the marriages in the US end in divorce. That is a contact is it not?

If you quit your marriage do you quit your kids too? How many of you hypocrites are divorced or a product of divorce or call someone a friend or family that has quit their contract. I would love to ask this question in person to see the look on a few of the posters face when posed with this question.

I have shut down a ton of loud mouth  hypocrites at plenty of local bars, family gatherings, and 
sporting events with that question.

I hope Palmer and the Cards win the Super Bowl. He will always be a former Bengal who was a part of turning the worst organization in sports (due to SOP) around somewhat. There is nothing any of you who are so hurt can do about that...lol! Unfortunately the reality is to date no one has been able to collectively or individually offset the POS ownership.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 08:33 AM)coltsfan4ever Wrote: I know that Luvnut has a thread in "Around the NFL" on Palmer, but a lot of the regulars in Smack Talk seem like they don't even read that section. So I thought I'd place it here so I can get some real feedback.

Couldn't care less either way.  Whatever he does means nothing to me.  Seems like if you barely beat GB's D, you are screwed against Carolina's.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:27 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't care one way or the other.

I used to side with Palmer as I really didn't like Marvin. And I still don't. On the other hand, Carson could have changed that. Brown was enamored with the guy. If he and Chad and the others had gone to Brown and said "hey, none of us want to play for Marvin, he's kind of an idiot," we probably wouldn't have this state of continual one year contracts with an impotent coach. Plus, earlier this season Carson talked about when he was here he didn't give as much effort to it as he should have.

I get having respect for Manning as he brought the Colts organization up. Palmer didn't do anything outside of slowing us down and giving us a few memorable games.
No one can change (or should try to) your opinion however your last sentence is absolutely false. His insistence on wanting to no longer work for SOP brought about instantaneous change. His play while here also was a monumental shift from where the organization was. They won the division twice with him, swept the division, he earned several accolades for his play. This was a team that had not had a winning record in 20 years prior. 
Man the revisionist history continues on here SMFH! Andy was given a much better situation than what Plamer found. Same thing he did for  Matt Leinart at USC. Leave it better then you find it is the motto of many successful people Palmer's resume speaks for itself.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 01:55 PM)McC Wrote: Couldn't care less either way.  Whatever he does means nothing to me.  Seems like if you barely beat GB's D, you are screwed against Carolina's.

Not that I disagree. Not caring makes sense, caring to hate based on my point is absurd.

So you are predicting that the number one seed playing at home who is the favorite will win in the NFC championship game… That's bold. We will see how it turns out.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 10:41 AM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Then they earned it.

Except when they're gifted one. *cough*Bettis*cough*
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 03:13 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Except when they're gifted one. *cough*Bettis*cough*

Good god man you are becoming a cliche.  Careful!  Soon you will be asking Steeler fans why they post on this board.

Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 11:27 AM)Benton Wrote: I don't care one way or the other.

The problem was that Marvin and Palmer formed an alliance for change after 2010.  Marvin reneged on his threats and Carson didn't and that is what turned it from Marvin and Carson vs. Mike Brown to Carson vs. Mike Brown and Marvin Lewis.  Marvin Lewis' loyalty to the Bengals only extends as far as his own interests, so Carson was in a situation where he faced playing for the same owner who denied his suggestions for change, but also playing for the HC who sold him out on their little alliance.

I'm not saying Carson is a martyr, but I don't blame him for wanting to walk away from those two, especially after what happened.  The 2010 Bengals needed a big ol' divorce, anyways.  Good for the three rich jerks involved. When it comes down to it, if Andy Dalton is the first franchise QB to leave on good terms during the Mike Brown era, he'll be the first.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 03:24 PM)SteelCitySouth Wrote: Good god man you are becoming a cliche.  Careful!  Soon you will be asking Steeler fans why they post on this board.

Hey I'm just saying a helmet crossing the plane is not a touchdown.

It's not my fault you guys are too blinded by your little yellow hankies to perceive reality as it actually happens.

As an afterthought, depending on how the Super Bowl finishes out this year, I could be saying it about another guy. So don't take it as anti-Steeler bias; it's more anti-bullshit bias.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 04:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hey I'm just saying a helmet crossing the plane is not a touchdown.

It's not my fault you guys are too blinded by your little yellow hankies to perceive reality as it actually happens.

As an afterthought, depending on how the Super Bowl finishes out this year, I could be saying it about another guy. So don't take it as anti-Steeler bias; it's more anti-bullshit bias.

Nuh Huh......... Yawn

Reply/Quote
I'm a fan of my team not the individual player. A player leaves; I dont care. I dont have feelings about Palmer.

On that note I'll be rooting for the Cards or the Panthers in the SB. Anyone other than the Pats or Broncos; sick of those teams and want to see someone else win.

Get over Peyton, hes not a Colt anymore and pick a ***** team.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2016, 04:17 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: Hey I'm just saying a helmet crossing the plane is not a touchdown.

As an afterthought, depending on how the Super Bowl finishes out this year, I could be saying it about another guy. So don't take it as anti-Steeler bias; it's more anti-bullshitbias.

Spewing about anti-bullshit bias with more bullshit.
Reply/Quote