Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-02-2019, 05:53 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Man...how poorly managed are the teams you play for when you point to the Cardinals as an example of a team that does things right?

There was a time when the Cardinals were considered every bit as poorly managed as the Bengals.

Their history over the last 2 decades is much better compared to what the Bengals management has accomplished in that same time frame.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/playoffs.htm

Compared to:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/playoffs.htm
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Carson had walked after his rookie deal was up then I would respect his opinion.  But he knew exactly what he wad doing when he took that huge contract extension.  He can't claim he did not know how the team wasran after he had been playing for them for years.

This is no defense for the Bengals fron office.  i am just pointing out that Palmer also cared more about money than winning.  

And he only made the playoffs one season with the Cards after doing it twice with the Bengals.

He is totally full of shit.

Totally full of Shit? You go around lying to people on here
About being a lawyer. Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Carson had walked after his rookie deal was up then I would respect his opinion.  But he knew exactly what he wad doing when he took that huge contract extension.  He can't claim he did not know how the team wasran after he had been playing for them for years.

This is no defense for the Bengals fron office.  i am just pointing out that Palmer also cared more about money than winning.  

And he only made the playoffs one season with the Cards after doing it twice with the Bengals.

That's a pretty big stretch considering he gave up on the remainder of his contract to quit football and leave this team.  If he was a money grubber, wouldn't he have continued to collect checks losing be damned?  

He's absolutely correct about everything he says.  

If he's so full of shit, then go ahead and point out anything he's said about this front office that's factually incorrect.  What exactly is he claiming that isn't true?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:17 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: same things we’ve been complaining about for decades. Same things countless other players complained about, and nothing changes. Mike doesn’t care, I’m so sick of people saying he does. Truth is, if he actually cared he’d have hired someone who had a clue about running a football franchise decades ago

Amazing isn't it?  

Even more amazing is the Stockholm syndrome exhibited by the Front Office Defender Brigade around here.  Everything the organization has screwed up for the entirety of Mike Brown's tenure is just some happy accident, lol.  We're just like every other team out there, we just have some really unfortunate luck, that's all.  It's the injuries, the injuries, I tell you.
Reply/Quote
I thought Palmer was smarter. You can come out of college and already know everything he said he was naive about. He can complain all he wants about the Bengals all he wants but they did hire his bro. Even when everyone knew his brother was inferior for the NFL.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:23 PM)Bengalitis Wrote: He can complain all he wants about the Bengals all he wants but they did hire his bro. Even when everyone knew his brother was inferior for the NFL.

And the Bengals signing his brother who was "inferior for the NFL" is supposed to make the Bengals look better how? Because they did him a favor?

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:18 PM)samhain Wrote: If he's so full of shit, then go ahead and point out anything he's said about this front office that's factually incorrect.  What exactly is he claiming that isn't true?

(11-02-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: This is no defense for the Bengals fron office.  i am just pointing out that Palmer also cared more about money than winning.  

Reading is fundamental.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Amazing isn't it?  

Even more amazing is the Stockholm syndrome exhibited by the Front Office Defender Brigade around here. 

Pleasec list the members of this brigade.

I have not seen anyone here saying our front office is competent.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:36 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He quit on mike brown. My boss isn’t incompetent, but if he was I’d quit way faster than Carson did

Difference is know one cares what you do or who you are(just like any of us).  Carson had a whole can base to lead instead he quit when he didn't get his own way. 
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:28 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: And the Bengals signing his brother who was "inferior for the NFL"  is supposed to make the Bengals look better how?  Because they did him a favor?

For the Carson family, yes. For the fans of Cinci and all over the world. no. Sad
Reply/Quote
I'm not sure how to react. I don't like him for leaving the team the way he did but I agree with him on everything he said about the front office.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:38 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: "The don't go to Cincinnati" attitude is one thing I often wonder when the Bengals don't land quality free agents.  I mean let's face it, the Bengals are not exactly known as a team players probably want to go to once they hit free agency.  A large part of it I think has to do with the overall image team management has.  So maybe even if the Bengals wanted quality free agents and tried to acquire them maybe they got a hard nope from the player's agent or the player.

Let's face it, if you were a quality player hitting free agency would your first choice be a team that is widely known to be poorly managed and hasn't won a playoff game in almost 3 decades?  Maybe if you were just playing for money and got an offer far above any others.
If the money is there then I doubt free agents will care.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
What could have been if Carson didnt throw his hissy fit in 2011 over firing his OC and moving on from Ocho and TO....
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:02 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: Their history over the last 2 decades is much better compared to what the Bengals management has accomplished in that same time frame.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/crd/playoffs.htm

Compared to:
https://www.pro-football-reference.com/teams/cin/playoffs.htm

When Carson arrived the Cards had had a total of 3 winning seasons in the previous 28 years.
Reply/Quote

Good point. In the end it’s always about money. Hearing him whine is annoying when Brown made him a millionaire. Not defending this shit show either but like you said, he chose to be a part of the shit show for the money knowing winning was not the number one objective. F Palmer and the FO.
Reply/Quote
Like Palmer or not. If you even attempt to defend this organization you need to go to costco and get a giant pack of TP to clean your head off when you finally decide to pull your head out of your ass. Most on here see this but to the few that still defend them please venmo me $1000 or you are not a true fan.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:41 PM)Synric Wrote: What could have been if Carson didnt throw his hissy fit in 2011 over firing his OC and moving on from Ocho and TO....

The fanbase had turned on him by then.

The fans were over the moon before the 2010 season.  I don't know if I had ever seen expectations that high.  But that '09 division champion team was mostly smoke and mirrors.  When we crashed and burned in 2010 Palmer was booed constantly.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:38 PM)J24 Wrote: If the money is there then I doubt free agents will care.

That's sort of my point.  I believe that quality free agents want to be on a team that appears to make significant effort to improve as being on such a team enhances the chance to add more money value to their career.  Right or wrong he Bengals are not exactly known for that or for spending large amounts of money on free agents.  So what the Bengals end up with when they do make moves in free agency are players looking to make some sort of come back and players just happy to get another contract. 

༼ つ ◕_◕ ༽つ    Yeah
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:51 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: The thing that really worries me is that Katie, Troy, Paul and Duke (for as long as he's around) will continue with the "Mike Brown Way" long after Mike is out of the picture. By that, I mean relying heavily on the draft but not investing heavily in the scouting department, never signing upper tier free agents, staying loyal to coaches and players far longer than is justified, not adding skilled / professional football people to the front office, continue to not value / appreciate the consumers of their product, and not holding themselves accountable in any meaningful way - ever.

That's a real fear. MB has been running things since what 1992?

You'd think that IF anyone could convince him to hire more scouts and beef up that area...it would be them.

Plus, we all ready Troy's comments on fans being unhappy with Bobby Hart. They screamed of we're going to do things out way whether you like it or not. In some ways, it seemed worse than MB.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 06:21 PM)samhain Wrote: Amazing isn't it?  

Even more amazing is the Stockholm syndrome exhibited by the Front Office Defender Brigade around here.  Everything the organization has screwed up for the entirety of Mike Brown's tenure is just some happy accident, lol.  We're just like every other team out there, we just have some really unfortunate luck, that's all.  It's the injuries, the injuries, I tell you.

Well...or the Taylor supporters.

The front office messes a bunch of things up. What makes people so sure that that HC they hired with little success as an OC who hired his friends who are also inexperienced is a great move?

Chances are this move was botched.
Reply/Quote