Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-02-2019, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Off the top of my head we signed Pacman Jones, Antonio Bryant, Gibril Wilson, and Terrel Owens that off season.

Carson Palmer is a punk. 

How do you know that those are the players he asked for?  

Most of those guys were at the end of their ropes/chances in the league (or catastrophically injured) when they signed.  Do you think those are the kinds of players that he was  imploring management to sign?  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 11:19 PM)samhain Wrote: How do you know that those are the players he asked for?  

Most of those guys were at the end of their ropes/chances in the league (or catastrophically injured) when they signed.  Do you think those are the kinds of players that he was  imploring management to sign?  

You simply asked what he said that was untrue. He said we did nothing, which was a lie. Now if he had said "we didn't bring in the players I wanted" then you'd have a point, but as it stands you do not. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:04 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: ^This

I don't think the Front Office of the Bengals even wants to admit that players and especially their agents sway away from them.

So what do we get as fans in return?

"We don't need to go all crazy in FA.  Build through the draft."  While they fill holes with 3rd tier available FAs.

The real truth is it's probably really damn hard for the Bengals to sign anyone of value even if they wanted too.

They will almost always have to overpay if a FAs agent even listens, unless it's a current player wanting to work with them to stay.

This is the team we (try to) route for, and are doomed by ownership.

Damn, I wish they'd either cash in and sell the team or the NFL forces them to relinquish the franchise.

I don't think the issue is as much about free agents not wanting to be here as it is the organization not wanting to spend on grade A or B outside free agents.  

You generally hear about free agent visits in the early stages of free agency.  It's covered fairly intensively in the media.  When do you hear about this team entertaining even a B tier guy that wasn't drafted by the team?  You even get the pre-free agency primer from the team beat writer tempering expectations before the proceedings begin.  

It certainly takes 2 to tango, and I don't think the Bengals are even trying in this respect.  Bengal money spends just as well as any other team's.  If they came out of the gate and offered a guy like Brown or Alexander comparable money to the Raiders or 49ers, then I'd be surprised if they just dismissed the idea of hearing them out automatically.  After all, this team tends to honor the duration of the deal.  

High level free agent acquisition is an aggressive process.  The Bengals are not aggressive.  They wait that phase out and go after the leftovers.  Hard to say anyone would or wouldn't sign with them when they're basically absent for that part of the process.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You simply asked what he said that was untrue. He said we did nothing, which was a lie. Now if he had said "we didn't bring in the players I wanted" then you'd have a point, but as it stands you do not. 

So you think he just went into Mikey's office and told him to sign some retreads?  Right.  He said "we need some players here and there".  How do you know where "here and there" is on the roster to call the statement inaccurate?

Play coy all you want.  You know good and well what he meant, and nothing he said about the process was inaccurate.  
Reply/Quote
All you people calling him “quitter Carson” the past 9 years?

Eat crow right now. He’s saying exactly what we’ve all been saying forever.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 11:36 PM)samhain Wrote: So you think he just went into Mikey's office and told him to sign some retreads?  Right.  He said "we need some players here and there".  How do you know where "here and there" is on the roster to call the statement inaccurate?

Play coy all you want.  You know good and well what he meant, and nothing he said about the process was inaccurate.  
Carson said this:
CP9 Wrote:we need a couple players here, a couple players there ... and then of course the offseason comes, and nothing happens. Nothing changes.

You asked this:
samhain Wrote:What exactly is he claiming that isn't true?

I shared that we signed at least 4 FAs that year including a couple big names ...aka "a couple people here, a couple people there". 

I understand why you want to move the goal post and change that; but it is not what you asked and CP9 saying we "did nothing" that off-season is a lie. Now if he'd said "we didn't do what I wanted" then you'd have a point. Outside of that, you're just doubling down on something you asked, that was answered, and you don't like the answer contradicted what Carson said in his little interview. 

Let me help you out: You can say "Okay, what he said there wasn't true (aka inaccurate), but I don't think your examples supported what he meant". 

But I don't know if that's accurate. Seems he endorsed the TO signing:
 https://www.cincyjungle.com/2010/3/6/1360310/report-carson-palmer-would-love-to

Quote:"I’d love to," texted Palmer when asked about the possibility of throwing to Owens.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:01 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: All you people calling him “quitter Carson” the past 9 years?

Eat crow right now. He’s saying exactly what we’ve all been saying forever.

But the Bengals have only made one of us a millionaire. 

Reply/Quote
Maybe he grew up and quit being a quitter so his teams didn't suck so bad?

A quitting ass chump QB will drag a team down.
Reply/Quote
Palmer won one (1) playoff game in his fourteen (14) year career. Arizona built a hella good team around him in 2015, and the best he could manage was one (1) playoff victory, that took overtime to attain.

But, "Oh, Carson should be a first ballot HOFer"... LOL

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: But the Bengals have only made one of us a millionaire. 

So what? Money was never an issue with Carson. The money is irrelevant. He was sick and tired of the Brown Family Bulls*it.

Do you happen to be a big Ohio State fan?
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 11:26 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You simply asked what he said that was untrue. He said we did nothing, which was a lie. Now if he had said "we didn't bring in the players I wanted" then you'd have a point, but as it stands you do not. 

I would suggest you look up the definitions of figuritively and literally. After getting a good handle on those then you can work your way into slighty more advanced concepts like "expressions", "sayings", and figures of speech". And after mastering those you delve into the use of sarcasm and humor, and reading basic social cues. I think, after time, you will be able to understand things like a real life human being and not a robot.

Attatched: I've provided a few real life examples as homework:

Scene 1

Bob - What did you do Friday night?
Bill - Nothing.

*Bob does not confront Bill and ask; Did you eat, did you shower, did you use a tv, phone or radio? Then call Bill a liar. Bill meant; nothing of note. Because Bob is a functioning member of society he understand this as figuritively and not literally.

Scene 2

Dave - What's Saquan Barkely doing today.
Rick - Nothing. They've shut him down
Dave - Sees on screen that Barkley has 40 yards on 15 carries and no TDs. 

*Dave does not then remind Rick that 40 yards is not nothing. He understood what Rick, because he's not a weirdo.

Scene 3

Patty - What's going on at work today, dear?
Tim - Nothing we're so slow.

*Patty leaves it at that, because nothing is synomous with we're slow, or we're dead. And not literally slow, or actual dead either. Tim is alive and everything. It's just an expression. Because Patty isn't a nagging shrew and isn't on the spectrum, she doesn't quiz Tim on the accuracy of this statement.

Hope this helps, bud. You'll get there!  ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 08:11 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: For the top free agents, generally multiple teams will give them money.

Horrible teams sign big name free agents all the time.  It is all about the money.  Especially with the first big deal after the rookie contract.

After they have had one big payday older vets may be more likely to go where they have a better chance of winning.
Reply/Quote
No way is Palmer a HOF QB. Most years he wasnt even a Top 10 QB.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:30 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) He isn't wrong but it's funny that he used two organizations that believe in draft first and free agent later(Seahawks & Steelers). It shows how far off this organization really is that even those teams manage to use the Trade market and free agency.
2.) We actually used free agency when Carson was in town we signed Odom, Owens, Adams, Jackson, Bryant, O'Neal, Williams, and Webster.  That's half the reason why the front office doesn't sign people anymore because it didn't work then.
3.) I don't care what Palmer has to say he quit on us F him. Dalton has more valid reasons to ***** then he does anyways.

I think its such a joke that people say Palmer quit on us. You are way off base on the free agents. Maybe you don't remember, but Dexter Jackson was nothing special, he had a good super bowl and Hobspin played on that like no other. Sam Adam was old and FAT. Deltha was a traded for, not a free agent. Webster and Odom I will give you, they were some what respectable signings. NO ONE wanted TO, we were bidding against ourselves by that point. Our org is a joke, and we all think so, so why hold it against a guy who didn't want to play for this JOKE. My  beef with this article is that Carson is dumping on us just because of the situation, and he is acting like the Raiders weren't a total sh!t show since the 2002 super bowl. The Cardinals are one of the few teams in the NFL who have a worse history than we do. The Cards are a freaking joke, and the Raiders spent more time in the mid and late 2000s and up until now as inept franchises.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:25 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: I would suggest you look up the definitions of figuritively and literally. After getting a good handle on those then you can work your way into slighty more advanced concepts like "expressions", "sayings", and figures of speech". And after mastering those you delve into the use of sarcasm and humor, and reading basic social cues. I think, after time, you will be able to understand things like a real life human being and not a robot.

Attatched: I've provided a few real life examples as homework:

Scene 1

Bob - What did you do Friday night?
Bill - Nothing.

*Bob does not confront Bill and ask; Did you eat, did you shower, did you use a tv, phone or radio? Then call Bill a liar. Bill meant; nothing of note. Because Bob is a functioning member of society he understand this as figuritively and not literally.

Scene 2

Dave - What's Saquan Barkely doing today.
Rick - Nothing. They've shut him down
Dave - Sees on screen that Barkley has 40 yards on 15 carries and no TDs. 

*Dave does not then remind Rick that 40 yards is not nothing. He understood what Rick, because he's not a weirdo.

Scene 3

Patty - What's going on at work today, dear?
Tim - Nothing we're so slow.

*Patty leaves it at that, because nothing is synomous with we're slow, or we're dead. And not literally slow, or actual dead either. Tim is alive and everything. It's just an expression. Because Patty isn't a nagging shrew and isn't on the spectrum, she doesn't quiz Tim on the accuracy of this statement.

Hope this helps, bud. You'll get there!  ThumbsUp
That's a lot of words and some of them are multiple syllables. Hell you most likely thought you were making a point here and there. But let me ask you:

Did the Bengals do nothing as to signing FAs in the 2010 off-season?

The guy asked what Palmer said that wasn't true. I showed him what wasn't true. I hope that helps you.  

Reply/Quote
Alright guys. All arguing aside... we can all only hope these comments somehow reach the Brown family and they take them to heart. Everything Carson said was completely true and I find it hard to believe they can ignore the criticism. Especially after the shitshow this season has been with the guys they stubbornly defended (Hart, Andre, etc).

I know I’m hoping against hope here, but what else can I do?
Reply/Quote

The Bengals were literally the only teams left for Pacman and TO to try and hitch on with. They were at the end of their rope. Signing scrubs and wash outs is hardly playing the free agent market lol. Gibril was hardly a hot commodity by that point either.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:45 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: The Bengals were literally the only teams left for Pacman and TO to try and hitch on with. They were at the end of their rope. Signing scrubs and wash outs is hardly playing the free agent market lol. Gibril was hardly a hot commodity by that point either.

CP9 wanted TO; he said so. Was he lying then or now? 

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:47 AM)bfine32 Wrote: CP9 wanted TO; he said so. Was he lying then or now? 

When you're starving and someone offers you some ramen or grilled gubment cheese, you want it.  You take it. You'd probably love to eat it. Would you rather have a porterhouse?  Probably, but you aren't getting one and you know it.  You take the scraps because you know scraps are all you will get.  

By your logic of what's factual, the team could have signed scabs from the strike year and it would have been some guys "here and there".  You know what he meant.  He didn't get it.  Not even close.  The team signed players.  if you want to believe those players were even close to the kind CP was bitching about not getting, then that's your choice.  I don't believe that you do, but if that is indeed the case, then consider the point conceded if you like.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:57 AM)samhain Wrote: When you're starving and someone offers you some ramen or grilled gubment cheese, you want it.  You take it. You'd probably love to eat it. Would you rather have a porterhouse?  Probably, but you aren't getting one and you know it.  You take the scraps because you know scraps are all you will get.  

By your logic of what's factual, the team could have signed scabs from the strike year and it would have been some guys "here and there".  You know what he meant.  He didn't get it.  Not even close.  The team signed players.  if you want to believe those players were even close to the kind CP was bitching about not getting, then that's your choice.  I don't believe that you do, but if that is indeed the case, then consider the point conceded if you like.

You didn't answer the question. Seems we signed a couple of the biggest FA WRs that year. I get that you've dug your heels in, but I think CP9 wanted to sign TO that year and the team did what he wanted. 

Reply/Quote