Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 01:41 AM)samhain Wrote: TO signed on July 27th or near it.  That's not exactly indicative of a top tier guy.  It's a dumpster dive on a guy that nobody wanted any part of, who also happened to be at the tail end of his career.  Bryant swindled them.  Not exactly shining examples of top tier signings.

I'm noticing a theme here. Carson didn't say we didn't hire top tier guys, he said they did nothing, I clearly showed we did do something including signing at least one future HOFer that he wanted management to sign. I realize you don't like ownership and you're not alone but just stop trying to defend a lie when you've been shown the facts 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm noticing a theme here. Carson didn't say we didn't hire top tier guys, he said they did nothing, I clearly showed we did do something including signing at least one future HOFer that he wanted management to sign. I realize you don't like ownership and you're not alone but just stop trying to defend a lie when you've been shown the facts 

It's really hard to tell what the inner-workings are sometimes.

Like in 2014/15 we had a really good roster with weaknesses at C and LB covering TE's. Did the coaching staff go to ownership wanting to address these? Were they turned down? Or did they think we had enough talent to win?

We'll never know.

Same with this offseason. Was Zac Taylor like 'We need to upgrade at LB!'...and then they re-signed Preston Brown anyways and stayed with Vigil. Or did the staff feel like Brown was injured last year, and when healthy would be fine. Did they also think Pratt would be the answer along with a healthy Vigil?

We'll likely never know.

In a sense, I get the offensive line issues. Price is a bust. Jonah got hurt. Glenn got hurt. Free agency was thin at Tackles. A guy like Saffold would have helped dramatically at Guard. So there were some moves they had. Also, taking a Tackle or Guard in the 2nd Round instead of Sample...which would have probably required a trade up.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 01:41 AM)samhain Wrote: TO signed on July 27th or near it.  That's not exactly indicative of a top tier guy.  It's a dumpster dive on a guy that nobody wanted any part of, who also happened to be at the tail end of his career.  Bryant swindled them.  Not exactly shining examples of top tier signings.

So if we sign AJ we are dumpster diving. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:15 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So if we sign AJ we are dumpster diving. 

I feel like a bunch of teams would be interested in signing AJ.

TO's issues weren't on the field. I feel like teams didn't like his personality. That said, I wouldn't call him dumpster diving. Isn't he a HOFer now?

There were points when we did sign free agents...Antonio Bryant is a great example. Odom. John Thornton. Tory James. We traded for Deltha ONeal and Reggie Nelson.

Then for about the past 6-7 years...we seem to have drastically reversed course.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:46 PM)fredtoast Wrote: If Carson had walked after his rookie deal was up then I would respect his opinion.  But he knew exactly what he wad doing when he took that huge contract extension.  He can't claim he did not know how the team wasran after he had been playing for them for years.

This is no defense for the Bengals fron office.  i am just pointing out that Palmer also cared more about money than winning.  

And he only made the playoffs one season with the Cards after doing it twice with the Bengals.

He is totally full of shit.

he litteraly said he was young and made poor decisions yea he took a HUGE contract extension cuz for a young player all that money is hard to say no to.  the bengals are trash and palmer lays it  out and il respect his opinion over yours daily.  and yea he may have only made the playoffs once with the cards but thats not to say the cards werent making an effort or trying to make changes to be a competitor.  the bengals were close to really making a run with palmer if they wouoldve made a few changes but they didnt.  they stood pat and someone mention earlier free agents they signed...lmao all those free agents they signed were over the hill not good free agents.  they never break the bank bring in a young stud talent to really bring change they pick up other teams left overs.  the bengals were close with palmer and refused to make changes and additions needed to make a run the cards werent even relevant before palmer and when he gets to town they make some moves which includes palmer and they get to the playoffs.  your posts suck....just like the bengals
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:30 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) He isn't wrong but it's funny that he used two organizations that believe in draft first and free agent later(Seahawks & Steelers). It shows how far off this organization really is that even those teams manage to use the Trade market and free agency.
2.) We actually used free agency when Carson was in town we signed Odom, Owens, Adams, Jackson, Bryant, O'Neal, Williams, and Webster.  That's half the reason why the front office doesn't sign people anymore because it didn't work then.
3.) I don't care what Palmer has to say he quit on us F him. Dalton has more valid reasons to ***** then he does anyways.

not a single free agent you mentioned wows me and other than maybe 2 or 3 of those guys they all blow and werent good by the time they got her wich is typical bengals bs.  the bengals are ran piss poorly and are cheap as hell which is why they stay the laughing stock and never do anything year in and year out.  if ur  too blind to see it then u part of the problem
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 10:35 AM)pdub2005 Wrote: So they got him one guy he wanted? K. I do remember Carson not having anything bad to say about TO as a team mate, at least at the time. Either way, I think we could both agree that by in large most of us Bengals fans find the bengals to pursue team improvement with not as much zeal as most teams. Their refusal for decades to build an indoor practice facility, the tiny scouting department, etc have all shown that the Bengals aren't exactly a world class place to land as a draftee or free agent. I do believe we have gotten better as an organization since the 90s, but we have a long way to go and I don't Mikey is gonna do what needs to be done. Honestly, Carson has had enough of a career to have an impact on future draftees. I really hope that Joe Burrow, Tua, or Herbert isn't taking this to heart. Dalton probably isn't the mood either to tell future QBs that this is an okay place to start your career. 

At least one guy that exact off season. I seems to recall him banging the drum for Coles as well. It was asked what Carson said that was untrue; I showed what he said was untrue. IMO the quitter is trying to make himself out to be some sort of hero for quitting on his team because and and his wife missed the west coast. 

Now a few years down the road if he wants to be truly honest and explain why he quit on his team mates and left his team with no offensive leader during a lock out; I'll give him credit. But he's not going to do that it's not in his DNA, just like he never accepted how injured he was at times. In his opinion he's a God

Reply/Quote
Put me in the camp of f**** both of em.
CP pretty much stated what most of us have suspected all along and nobody will argue that MFB is capable GM. But.......

MFB IS THE OWNER . As such, he can run things how he pleases, even if it is backasswards.

I don't have to like it and I, a vital employee, can voice my concerns, but he doesn't have to listen to me. But if my boss respects me enough to make me highest paid person, not just on my team, but in my business, I'm going to respect his position and honor my contract, even if my work environment deteriorates. After all, it's not like he does NOTHING to please and accommodate me. He kept marginal employees, like Reggie Kelly and Kenny Watson at my request. He signed a HOF WR for me because I asked. I quit and forfeit my salary but get to keep all my signing bonus when I signed a new contract that NOBODY held a gun to my head to sign.

Sooo, I hate both those selfish, self serving bastards.

And BTW, one of the reasons we don't have a playoff victory in 30 years is because CP shit the bed against the Jets, with honorable mention to Shayne. Also the reason CP never saw a Super Bowl is because of his 6 turnovers (fumbles and INTs) against the Panthers in the NFC Championship.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:30 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: not a single free agent you mentioned wows me and other than maybe 2 or 3 of those guys they all blow and werent good by the time they got her wich is typical bengals bs.  the bengals are ran piss poorly and are cheap as hell which is why they stay the laughing stock and never do anything year in and year out.  if ur  too blind to see it then u part of the problem

Why do people keep arguing things not said? CP9 never said "We didn't sign FAs that wowed SadFace". 

Reply/Quote
I loved the article and it furthers my stance on how much I appreciate and support Palmer.

He got go do what we all wish we could do, he told Mike Brown off and Mikey actually had to listen.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I feel like a bunch of teams would be interested in signing AJ.

TO's issues weren't on the field. I feel like teams didn't like his personality. That said, I wouldn't call him dumpster diving. Isn't he a HOFer now?

There were points when we did sign free agents...Antonio Bryant is a great example. Odom. John Thornton. Tory James. We traded for Deltha ONeal and Reggie Nelson.

Then for about the past 6-7 years...we seem to have drastically reversed course.

MB's theory of team management involves: #1 take  tv money, #2 Pocket his profit,#3 subtract current contracts from what is left #4 take the rest of the money required by the NFL and resign aging vets with contracts that age prevents them from fulfilling competently. #5 with the crumbs that are left over sign free agents no other team could possibly want. Next year repeat
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:26 AM)J24 Wrote: 1.He  literally quit on us.
2.) I said traded for or free agent

'We actually used free agency when Carson was in town we signed Odom, Owens, Adams, Jackson, Bryant, O'Neal, Williams, and Webster.'

You did say trade or free agency at one point, but this is the literal line that i was pointing to. So you can probably see where my confusion was. Carson demanded a trade in the offseason. And he had every right to. This FO is a joke, and I have to think you agree. Have you ever had a crap employer, and left that job? Or would you stay at that job for your entire career out of some misplaced loyalty? What AB did to the steelers last year was quitting. Carson gave this organization from 2003 to the end of 2010. He waited thru the dumpster fire that was 2010 and then demanded his trade. If he had decide to do that mid game or mid season, then I would consider that quitting. I don't get the beef you guys have. We all think the Browns are a joke, but we knock a guy who had enough of it?
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:26 AM)SadFaceBengal15 Wrote: he litteraly said he was young and made poor decisions yea he took a HUGE contract extension cuz for a young player all that money is hard to say no to. 

Palmer could have played out his contract and got a lot of money from a winning team, but he cared more about money than winning.

He got his money then he wanted to get back to cali.  If he really cared anything about winning then why did he refuse to play for a team that had made the playoffs twice in five years but agree to play for a team that had not won more than 5 games in seven years?
Reply/Quote
Meh, Palmer hain't no HOFer and he didn't win a SB when he left, but Corey Dillion did win a SB after leaving here, he'd be in the HOF if he were drafted by the Giants/Steelers/Packers/Patriots and he was even more vocal about his disdain for the Mike Brown approach.

Also, I can't imagine guys like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady think much of the Mike Brown method, and a significant portion of the NFL population of players and personnel avoid this place. I'm just saying that pointing out that Carson Palmer turned the ball over 6 times against the Panthers doesn't really invalidate his assertions and if it does there are plenty of people who accomplished more than him that will tell you Mike Brown doesn't give a crap.

This goes way beyond one bitter QB.
Reply/Quote
Interesting discussion. At the end of the day, I think we can all admit that some of these comments we can agree with. However, Palmer is one guy. To me, the more apparent issues come recently when we have to pay guys. Whitworth, Green right now, etc.

BUT.. I get that it says NOBODY wants to come here. But come on. I truly believe that guys like Whitworth, Green, Dalton, Dunlap, Ocho, Housh, and more all loved it here. Not everybody has the same mindset as Palmer. We were on a really good stretch not too long ago. Yes it's not the best way to do it, but I don't believe that NOBODY ever wants to come here.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, Palmer hain't no HOFer and he didn't win a SB when he left, but Corey Dillion did win a SB after leaving here, he'd be in the HOF if he were drafted by the Giants/Steelers/Packers/Patriots and he was even more vocal about his disdain for the Mike Brown approach.

Also, I can't imagine guys like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady think much of the Mike Brown method, and a significant portion of the NFL population of players and personnel avoid this place.  I'm just saying that pointing out that Carson Palmer turned the ball over 6 times against the Panthers doesn't really invalidate his assertions and if it does there are plenty of people who accomplished more than him that will tell you Mike Brown doesn't give a crap.

This goes way beyond one bitter QB.

But Bill B and TB probably like the approach because they so often many of our players, one way or another. They definitely laugh at us, otherwise.
Reply/Quote
One thing the Patriots do that it seems this FO is uncomfortable doing themselves, is trade draft picks to acquire talent.
Reply/Quote
Palmer is a complete idiot. There’s so many holes in this I don’t know where to start.
Reply/Quote
Must be fun to be Tom Brady, tells his coach and team to get rid of Golappago and gets sent to the 49rs. Talk about a good way to squeeze a couple of years into your career. To his credit, he won a SB after they sent Golappago packing.
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 07:40 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Off the top of my head we signed Pacman Jones, Antonio Bryant, Gibril Wilson, and Terrel Owens that off season.

Carson Palmer is a punk

This is a lie. 

He listens to jazz, pop, and hair band metal, and probably never wore the same clothes 10 days in a row with dried puke on it ever in his life. He is the exact opposite of a punk actually..
Reply/Quote