Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.

Right. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Mike brown needs to sell the team to someone who wants to win... Paul Brown would be ashamed of what his son is doing, sad.. pretty much the face of the NFL's son is a total loser who only cares about money.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)J24 Wrote: When you sign a contract that's how it works.

Unless the team cuts you for your performance. That’s ok, but as a player if you do the same thing back to them for their poor performance you’re a quitter lmao
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 03:16 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: Unless the team cuts you for your performance. That’s ok, but as a player if you do the same thing back to them for their poor performance you’re a quitter lmao

That's how a contract works in professional Football.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 01:06 AM)bfine32 Wrote: You didn't answer the question. Seems we signed a couple of the biggest FA WRs that year. I get that you've dug your heels in, but I think CP9 wanted to sign TO that year and the team did what he wanted. 

The only reason why the Bengals signed TO was because the Antonio Bryant signing was a total fiasco. They signed Bryant because the Laverneus Coles signing ended in failure. They signed Coles because they declined to re-sign TJ because they claimed it was too much money. But, they spent just as much on three failed free agents as they would have spent on TJ who was successful in their system.
Reply/Quote
Palmer's comments are very therapeutic.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 10:39 AM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I’m trying to imagine Carson Palmer’s reaction in Mike Brown’s office when things “got heated” to use Carson’s words to describe the situation. I can hear Mikey Boy screaming, “I don’t pay for blockers!” at the top of his lungs.

Carson: I’m gonna need you to take advantage of every opportunity to improve this team in order to win a championship. If not, I’d rather retire than play for an owner who cares more about money than winning.

Marvin: What he said.

Mike Brown: No.

Marvin: Oh, snap. Fuggetabout what he said, boss. I’m ready to sign my perennial one year deal because I’m all about dem benjamins.

Half of Bengals fans: Carson is a punk for attempting to force Mike Brown to operate an NFL franchise like it’s not the 1970s.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 03:44 PM)J24 Wrote: That's how a contract works in professional Football.

And players can retire or hold out if they want. That’s how it works.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:39 AM)bfine32 Wrote: At least one guy that exact off season. I seems to recall him banging the drum for Coles as well. It was asked what Carson said that was untrue; I showed what he said was untrue. IMO the quitter is trying to make himself out to be some sort of hero for quitting on his team because and and his wife missed the west coast. 

Now a few years down the road if he wants to be truly honest and explain why he quit on his team mates and left his team with no offensive leader during a lock out; I'll give him credit. But he's not going to do that it's not in his DNA, just like he never accepted how injured he was at times. In his opinion he's a God

Carson was willing to risk his entire career to force Mike Brown to operate the Bengals as a modern day NFL franchise we as fans have wanted for decades. When someone is willing to risk their career and tens of millions of dollars in personal income to effect positive changes that’s what leadership looks like. Palmer gambled and he lost. If Palmer was successful and Mike Brown made the changes we all continue to want almost a decade later you would think Palmer was as a hero who finally forced Mike Brown to pull his head out of his ass.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 03:48 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: The only reason why the Bengals signed TO was because the Antonio Bryant signing was a total fiasco. They signed Bryant because the Laverneus Coles signing ended in failure. They signed Coles because they declined to re-sign TJ because they claimed it was too much money. But, they spent just as much on three failed free agents as they would have spent on TJ who was successful in their system.

No one is disputing any of this. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 04:15 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Carson was willing to risk his entire career to force Mike Brown to operate the Bengals as a modern day NFL franchise we as fans have wanted for decades. When someone is willing to risk their career and tens of millions of dollars in personal income to effect positive changes that’s what leadership looks like. Palmer gambled and he lost. If Palmer was successful and Mike Brown made the changes we all continue to want almost a decade later you would think Palmer was as a hero who finally forced Mike Brown to pull his head out of his ass.
We'll just have to have different opinions on what makes a leader. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if the Bengals did not trade a draft pick to get Glen what did they trade? 

You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.

Are you that dense that you have no comprehension or are do you just want to argue. They traded draft spots . They still had their pick. They moved back to take garbage from the Bills. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:30 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Corey Dillon was very good at football. You crazy. 

No you crazy. Dillon was adequate but was not HOF material. You homers want to overvalue Bengals players to justify any argument. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 05:05 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No you crazy. Dillon was adequate but was not HOF material. You homers want to overvalue Bengals players to justify any argument. 

You lose all credibility when you call Corey Dillon adequate smh
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 04:52 PM)bfine32 Wrote: No one is disputing any of this. 

Not improving the same starting position you know you need to improve at least two consecutive seasons is essentially the same as doing nothing.

Hey, the Bengals made some moves to fill out a 53 man roster so Carson is a liar.

I guess being as literal as possible is the windmill you’re going to tilt at today. But, I warn you; they say the sounds windmills make can cause cancer. So wear your ear plugs.
Reply/Quote
Some of Palmer's assertions are shocking!! We have always been told Mikey wants to win!!

I am simply in shock right now, I feel violated as a fan. It appears we have been duped. It almost sounds like there is NO Master Plan. Could it be?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 04:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: We'll just have to have different opinions on what makes a leader. 

No kidding because I understand leadership isn’t simply about shutting your mouth and doing exactly as your boss tells you to do in every situation especially when you know they are wrong. Leadership isn’t about just passively accepting how F’ed up the boss wants to do things.

Here Peter from Office Space displays greatest example of leadership ever:

Now that's a leader!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 05:05 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: No you crazy. Dillon was adequate but was not HOF material. You homers want to overvalue Bengals players to justify any argument. 

20th all time in rushing yards 
18th all time rush tds (45 w/ Cin, 37 w/Pats)
broke single game rushing record

He definitely had HoF talent, not even a question about that. But he spent seven years on dreadful Bengal teams which cost him better numbers. So as of now he is on that bubble of getting in.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 03:59 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Carson: I’m gonna need you to take advantage of every opportunity to improve this team in order to win a championship. If not, I’d rather retire than play for an owner who cares more about money than winning.

Marvin: What he said.

Mike Brown:  No.

Marvin:  Oh, snap. Fuggetabout what he said, boss. I’m ready to sign my perennial one year deal because I’m all about dem benjamins.

Half of Bengals fans:  Carson is a punk for attempting to force Mike Brown to operate an NFL franchise like it’s not the 1970s.

That's the funny thing. This team could go 3-13 for each of the next 10 years and the players could demand traded...and some fans would side with management.
Reply/Quote

Corey Dillon had HoF talent and produced much more for this team that many others could have, under the circumstances. Then he went to NE and was very integral in them winning a ring, having his best statistical season there. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote