Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 4.25 Average
Carson Palmer Rips Bengals Front Office
(11-03-2019, 12:41 PM)treee Wrote: One thing the Patriots do that it seems this FO is uncomfortable doing themselves, is trade draft picks to acquire talent.

We just traded draft picks to acquire Glenn.  

But it is noted that you used the term "talent" instead of "player".
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 10:53 AM)Nately120 Wrote: In all fairness he said run this team like a normal franchise or I want out.  It's like my wife quitting on our marriage after saying get a job or I want out.  What a quitter she was.

Doesn't it say better or for worse in marriage? So yeah she was quitter? Reason doesn't matter he quit.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:30 PM)J24 Wrote: 1.) He isn't wrong but it's funny that he used two organizations that believe in draft first and free agent later(Seahawks & Steelers). It shows how far off this organization really is that even those teams manage to use the Trade market and free agency.
2.) We actually used free agency when Carson was in town we signed Odom, Owens, Adams, Jackson, Bryant, O'Neal, Williams, and Webster.  That's half the reason why the front office doesn't sign people anymore because it didn't work then.
3.) I don't care what Palmer has to say he quit on us F him. Dalton has more valid reasons to ***** then he does anyways.

I agree Carson quit in mid season. Dalton ought to have too, as the Bengals blew up his superb offensive line without better players groomed to take over. See New England on how to do that. 
So sure, obvious the front office is where championships are designed. Obvious the Bengals don’t have a championship ownership so will never win a championship with the Browns in charge. 
But Bengals fans, you have pro football and baseball teams right in the small city of Cincinnati.  You’re lucky so don’t get too upset.  I live outside Oakland,CA where teams makes haste to leave town. Golden State gone across the bay, a big deal if you live here. The Raiders were desperate to leave Oakland and will play in Vegas next season.  A’s are still hanging in there so I see some Reds games every other year. But the city and activists  are throwing every road block it can to block their new stadium plans. So far two proposed, two rejected. They will leave too. 
Yep the Browns suck at football operations, but they seem determined to stay in Cincinnati. Props to them. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just traded draft picks to acquire Glenn.  

Yea but I bet the Patriots do it over twice as often, maybe even 3 times as much.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:24 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Meh, Palmer hain't no HOFer and he didn't win a SB when he left, but Corey Dillion did win a SB after leaving here, he'd be in the HOF if he were drafted by the Giants/Steelers/Packers/Patriots and he was even more vocal about his disdain for the Mike Brown approach.

Also, I can't imagine guys like Bill Belichick and Tom Brady think much of the Mike Brown method, and a significant portion of the NFL population of players and personnel avoid this place.  I'm just saying that pointing out that Carson Palmer turned the ball over 6 times against the Panthers doesn't really invalidate his assertions and if it does there are plenty of people who accomplished more than him that will tell you Mike Brown doesn't give a crap.

This goes way beyond one bitter QB.

Dillion, Burkhart did not win a ring they happened to be on the team that has the best Coach, and QB of all time. If they went anywhere else they probably would have been the same as they were on the Bengals, So elevating them because of their teammates and coach is silly.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: We just traded draft picks to acquire Glenn.  

Moving back five picks is not the same as trading picks. The Steelers traded their first round pick when needing a DB. The Bengals has a multitude of need but will they make any trades? I think not. What I believe they will do is resign an aging oft injured WR to an eight figure salary, using their stupidity as a guideline draft to their best ability, dreg the bottom of the free agency market only after most other teams rosters have been filled and hope for the best. Same old same old.
Reply/Quote
Everything he said is exactly right. Talked to former NFL players who echoed a lot of what he said.

It’s never going to happen here unless the Brown/Blackburn family loses the team.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 12:18 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Palmer could have played out his contract and got a lot of money from a winning team, but he cared more about money than winning.

He got his money then he wanted to get back to cali.  If he really cared anything about winning then why did he refuse to play for a team that had made the playoffs twice in five years but agree to play for a team that had not won more than 5 games in seven years?

I see you changing your narrative, there.  Nice.

He gave up the money knowing full well that the team very possibly would not trade him and allow him to remain out of football.  He didn't blink and said he didn't need the money.  It was never about money.  It was about the organization and the way it is run, and you know it.  

He played for the Raiders because he's a football player and they weren't owned by Mike Brown. Regardless of record, he wanted out from under a dysfunctional organization. Whether or not he went to another one is debatable, but it was a different ownership group nonetheless.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I'm noticing a theme here. Carson didn't say we didn't hire top tier guys, he said they did nothing, I clearly showed we did do something including signing at least one future HOFer that he wanted management to sign. I realize you don't like ownership and you're not alone but just stop trying to defend a lie when you've been shown the facts 

You're posing an entirely dishonest argument, ie Palmer was upset because they didn't sign enough scrubs or retread has-beens, and that's the point he was trying to make by saying guys "here and there".  It's your customary snark that we're all too familiar with.

I figured you'd bring up the future HOF thing with TO, totally disregarding the fact that he was at the end of his career and never played another down in the league after he left here.  Not really relevant to the argument.  If he was still that caliber of player, he'd have been offered a more lucrative deal before late July.  

I already conceded that if that dishonest argument is truly what you feel Palmer was trying to convey, then you can have the "win".  Obviously that isn't the case and you know you're being dishonest, because you continue to try and make the point I already conceded.  
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 11:15 AM)Catmandude123 Wrote: So if we sign AJ we are dumpster diving. 

If AJ Green becomes an unrestricted free agent and sits on the open market until a week before camp starts without signing a deal with any other NFL team, then yeah.  
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2019, 05:36 PM)leonardfan40 Wrote: He quit on mike brown. My boss isn’t incompetent, but if he was I’d quit way faster than Carson did

I've worked for extraordinarily incompetent people in my life and didn't stick around long with any of them. In fact most of the company's I've worked for in my life have gone out of business. My last years of working were all self employed jobs and if I failed then at least I was the one to blame. There's nothing like seeing someone else run a business into the ground from pure stupidity while you can do nothing to change a thing . My last business was doing ok, but my body was not. I finally gave up after my legs gave up and my ticker couldn't deal with it. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 01:26 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Dillion, Burkhart did not win a ring they happened to be on the team that has the best Coach, and QB of all time. If they went anywhere else they probably would have been the same as they were on the Bengals, So elevating them because of their teammates and coach is silly.

Corey Dillon was very good at football. You crazy. 
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 01:02 PM)J24 Wrote: Doesn't it say better or for worse in marriage? So yeah she was quitter? Reason doesn't matter he quit.

Exactly. When you make a decision you stick with it forever no matter how bad it gets or how little the other person is trying. 

Look at Dalton. He didnt quit on the Bengals and now he is 0-8 and sitting on the bench.  That's how real men do it.  You just stick it out and you let the boss man call the shots.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:06 PM)samhain Wrote: I see you changing your narrative, there.  Nice.

He gave up the money knowing full well that the team very possibly would not trade him and allow him to remain out of football.  He didn't blink and said he didn't need the money.  It was never about money.  It was about the organization and the way it is run, and you know it.  

He played for the Raiders because he's a football player and they weren't owned by Mike Brown.  Regardless of record, he wanted out from under a dysfunctional organization.  Whether or not he went to another one is debatable, but it was a different ownership group nonetheless.

People understand that Carson was not a martyr in "giving up the money" right?  He could just come out of retirement any time the team didn't have the cap space to fit his contract and force his trade or release.  It was just a tactic to get out.  He was never going to die on that hill.

Carson makes some fair points but at the end of the day, when he left the team became less active in FA and was much more successful with Dalton.  

Personally, Palmer was never the same after his knee and elbow injuries and was a middle of the road QB with a $100 mil contract.  A lot of the frustrations with the FO are him deflecting blame for his own reduced play.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Exactly. When you make a decision you stick with it forever no matter how bad it gets or how little the other person is trying. 

Look at Dalton. He didnt quit on the Bengals and now he is 0-8 and sitting on the bench.  That's how real men do it.  You just stick it out and you let the boss man call the shots.

When you sign a contract that's how it works.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 01:38 PM)Catmandude123 Wrote: Moving back five picks is not the same as trading picks. 

So if the Bengals did not trade a draft pick to get Glen what did they trade? 

You can't just make stuff up and claim it is true.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:06 PM)samhain Wrote: It was never about money.  It was about the organization and the way it is run, and you know it.  

You can't tell me what I know.

At the time pakmer agreed to play for the Raiders they were a much worse run team than the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: People understand that Carson was not a martyr in "giving up the money" right?  He could just come out of retirement any time the team didn't have the cap space to fit his contract and force his trade or release.  It was just a tactic to get out.  He was never going to die on that hill.

Honestly though, there's no way the Bengals allow themselves to get in that position. When have they ever been up against the cap to where something like that could possibly happen?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:54 PM)Whatever Wrote: Personally, Palmer was never the same after his knee and elbow injuries and was a middle of the road QB with a $100 mil contract.  A lot of the frustrations with the FO are him deflecting blame for his own reduced play.

He looked pretty good in AZ. Imagine just taking Dalton out and putting Carson on the team from '11-'15. They fixed the Oline, drafted AJ, had Gresh and drafted Eifert and had a very good to elite D for that whole time. 

Carson would have done more with that team than Dalton did. Don't know if he would have won in the playoffs, but he would have done better, being a better overall QB. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(11-03-2019, 02:36 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Exactly. When you make a decision you stick with it forever no matter how bad it gets or how little the other person is trying. 

Look at Dalton. He didnt quit on the Bengals and now he is 0-8 and sitting on the bench. That's how real men do it.  You just stick it out and you let the boss man call the shots.

I wonder where Luvnit is to dispute this...  Cool

Reply/Quote