Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer comment on the next Bengals head coach 'Good Luck'
(01-10-2019, 11:26 PM)George Cantstandya Wrote: https://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2019/01/10/carson-palmer-cincinnati-bengals-coach-good-luck/2527889002/

#1 Pick overall Palmer ends up being worse QB than 2nd round pick Dalton.

That is Palmer's issue, he knows he was not that good during his career.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
I’m a little surprised there are fans who still hold resentment towards Carson. To begin, he brought Cincinnati a legitimate SB caliber team and tore his ACL in the middle of the run. He approached Mike Brown and asked for changes. Changes that we have all wanted. He then came back, played well, and then tore his elbow up. Came back again, played okay, fought for changes again. Changes that we all want.

He’s giving up his body and fighting for organizational changes, and the fans respond by throwing trash in his yard and calling him Pick-6 Palmer, telling him he sucks. That sounds like a punk-ass fan base to me, to go along with a horrible owner. I’d probably bounce, too.

In the end, Palmer got the last laugh. He didn’t win a SB in AZ, but he won playoff games and made it to the conference championship game while Cincinnati hasn’t seen a playoff win since Palmer was 11 years old.

I don’t blame him.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:03 AM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: The play calling was better but another big difference was that the o line was a very good unit

He’s calling you out on that because the guy who caught that pass also shredded his knee on the play but it was 15 not 85.

ya it was Slim. 85 was who got into a fight with Jackson during half-time.  I think Slim was knocked after that play as well. Still, a lot of talent on that squad.  Offense was great.  I really believed they would win it all that year.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
I don't blame Palmer one bit. He was willing to retire and leave a boatload of money on the table for what he believed in. After all, he was on the inside and behind the scenes, we were not. Remember Corey Dillion had his breaking point too.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:40 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't blame Palmer one bit. He was willing to retire and leave a boatload of money on the table for what he believed in. After all, he was on the inside and behind the scenes, we were not. Remember Corey Dillion had his breaking point too.

So did Spikes.  
[Image: maXCb2f.jpg]
-Paul Brown
“When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less.”

My album "Dragon"
https://www.humbert-lardinois.com/

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:40 AM)BrownAssClown Wrote: I don't blame Palmer one bit. He was willing to retire and leave a boatload of money on the table for what he believed in. After all, he was on the inside and behind the scenes, we were not. Remember Corey Dillion had his breaking point too.

Ironically once I heard Dillon left saying he would rather flip burgers, I was pretty much done with the Bengals at that point. Granted I was at college at the time so I had other things a lot more interesting than following them at that point. But then once they brought Marvin on board and Carson was selected #1 overall, I grudgingly came back.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
If anyone's job is truly harder due to no scouting department, it's Tobin's job. That dude puts in work, and he's had some pretty respectable results over his tenure. Btw, he may as well be the GM...he just doesn't have the official title.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If anyone's job is truly harder due to no scouting department, it's Tobin's job. That dude puts in work, and he's had some pretty respectable results over his tenure. Btw, he may as well be the GM...he just doesn't have the official title.

He loves to blame Mike Brown for everything, but Mike Brown didn't make him turn the ball over 6 times in the NFC Championship game when he was with Arizona.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 03:56 AM)BonnieBengal Wrote: He loves to blame Mike Brown for everything, but Mike Brown didn't make him turn the ball over 6 times in the NFC Championship game when he was with Arizona.  

Palmer's decision making was his weakness. He just didn't have that mental edge that the truly elite QBs have. He had to have a really good offensive line and playmakers to be successful. Def Lacking the IT Factor. Mike Brown is, too. Sadly. As was Marvin Lewis. And here we are.
Reply/Quote
I liked Palmer and his time here as a Bengal. No hard feelings. It's all good.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:22 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: I liked Palmer and his time here as a Bengal. No hard feelings. It's all good.

Maybe if he had let it all go.  But obviously he didn't.  He's still taking digs at the Bengals.
Reply/Quote
Was he asked his opinion on this, or is he just raining on our parade for the hell of it?

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 12:14 AM)Bengalholic Wrote: Man, getting no love from ex-Bengals QBs recently. Last week on CBS Radio, Boomer ranked the Bengals job as the least desirable opening because of ownership...and said Cleveland the most desirable.  

Boomer is still bitter about Mike Brown drafting David Klingler and he doesnt hide it very well. 

There is nothing desirable about Cleveland. The city is ugly. Their teams are lame and that douchebag Mayfield makes me want to barf. 
Prior to this year ,  I kind of felt bad for Browns fans and the ones I knew personally I would say "Maybe this ownership will get it right and maybe Mayfield will finally be a decent Brown's QB.  This would bring the " Thanks, I hope so, or it would be nice for once.." type answers. Fast forward to the first Browns win over the Bengals and they are rubbing it in my face and acting like jerk wads like they won the Super Bowl. Browns fans stink and we need to send them back to the bottom of the division.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:49 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: Boomer is still bitter about Mike Brown drafting David Klingler and he doesnt hide it very well. 

There is nothing desirable about Cleveland. The city is ugly. Their teams are lame and that douchebag Mayfield makes me want to barf. 
Prior to this year ,  I kind of felt bad for Browns fans and the ones I knew personally I would say "Maybe this ownership will get it right and maybe Mayfield will finally be a decent Brown's QB.  This would bring the " Thanks, I hope so, or it would be nice for once.." type answers. Fast forward to the first Browns win over the Bengals and they are rubbing it in my face and acting like jerk wads like they won the Super Bowl. Browns fans stink and we need to send them back to the bottom of the division.

The Browns being undesirable is just flat out not true. They have what looks like a franchise QB in Mayfield (who just set the rookie record for TD’s), a great RB in Chubb, a good OL, one of the best defensive players in the league in Garrett, and if a coach actually wins up there he’ll be an absolute rockstar.

Reply/Quote

What did he believe in? Didnt he lobby for the biggest locker room cancer of all time to add to an already dysfunctional circus?
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:52 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: The Browns being undesirable is just flat out not true. They have what looks like a franchise QB in Mayfield (who just set the rookie record for TD’s), a great RB in Chubb, a good OL, one of the best defensive players in the league in Garrett, and if a coach actually wins up there he’ll be an absolute rockstar.

That was tongue in cheek. I meant the city as a whole. Its Cleveland, it sucks.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 04:56 AM)bengalhoel Wrote: That was tongue in cheek. I meant the city as a whole. Its Cleveland, it sucks.

Ah gotcha. That certainly seems to be the consensus on Cleveland as a city. People that judge Ohio solely on Cleveland really should see Cincinnati and Columbus first.

Reply/Quote
That same owner he is crying about got a boat load of picks for his lame azz.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 05:02 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Ah gotcha. That certainly seems to be the consensus on Cleveland as a city. People that judge Ohio solely on Cleveland really should see Cincinnati and Columbus first.

Exactly! The one thing the city has going for it ( the Rock and Roll hall) of fame and they cant even do that right. Look at the list of people who arent in!!
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 01:53 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: If anyone's job is truly harder due to no scouting department, it's Tobin's job. That dude puts in work, and he's had some pretty respectable results over his tenure. Btw, he may as well be the GM...he just doesn't have the official title.

That's true, and he has turned down interviews for GM jobs.
Reply/Quote