Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Palmer comment on the next Bengals head coach 'Good Luck'
(01-11-2019, 11:31 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: Seems a bit hypocritical. I think a lot of the Carson hate goes back to the day he said he didn’t care for Ohio state, 

Bingo.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:32 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: You’d be surprised Whatever

People here in upstate New York think Cleveland is a treasure and Cincy is a rotting cesspool. A bit ironic coming from Syracuse, buffalo and Rochester natives.

I spent a week in Buffalo one day.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I love Carson Palmer and I love his comments. Everything he says is the truth. Bengals fans dont want to hear it, but its the truth.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:35 AM)McC Wrote: I'm not upset in the least over what happened back then.  The world moved on even if Carson didn't.  And how telling is that?  He got exactly what he wanted and a decade later, he still has the hurting butt.  That speaks for itself.  Classless.  Is he still gonna be bitching when he's 90?

Most guys wouold have said why are you asking me?  I haven't been a Bengal in years.

Boomer Esiason is 57 and he still comments on Mike Brown's ineptitude.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:33 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Yep that small scouting department dropped the ball selecting Carson's punk ass.

Think that was the point he was making is that he himself sucks.

Proof of it is that after he won only 4 games the Bengals drafted a QB that led them immediately to the playoffs. A QB many claim stinks but just had more gumption than Carson and actually tried.

Carson hated Ohio from the moment he arrived.

Carson Palmer does not suck. Carson Palmer should be considered as a future Hall of Famer. He could have 2 Super Bowls if it were for a couple freak injuries. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:39 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Carson Palmer does not suck. Carson Palmer should be considered as a future Hall of Famer. He could have 2 Super Bowls if it were for a couple freak injuries. 

Geez, I think you may take over as the head Carson Palmer homer with this comment!  At any rate, butthurt Bengals fans say Carson Palmer is a crappy quitter while Larry Fitzgerald has lots of good things to say about the guy.  So...ehh...hard to call that a draw.

(01-11-2019, 11:39 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Dude...I saw you freaking out that the Bengals would make the wrong coaching moves in a bunch of threads.

This is a team that hasn't won a playoff game in 28+ years. What Palmer is saying is obviously correct.

The fact that management didn't hire TERRIBLE internal coaches for a vacant HC position that NO TEAM WOULD HIRE is your evidence that things are good.

THIS.  You'd think the fact that we are orgasmic over Mike Brown not being the one selecting the HC would soften our stance for a guy who pushed to make this happen almost a decade ago.  We were legitimately freaking out over what Mike Brown was going to do this off-season.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:38 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Boomer Esiason is 57 and he still comments on Mike Brown's ineptitude.

Thats because Mike Brown is still inept. 

I dont get you people. You get pissed at these former players bashing Mike Brown based on realities and truths. Its like hating on someone because they say the earth is round. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:32 AM)Pat5775 Wrote: You’d be surprised Whatever

People here in upstate New York think Cleveland is a treasure and Cincy is a rotting cesspool. A bit ironic coming from Syracuse, buffalo and Rochester natives.

It was never a cesspool, it just used to be a pretty dead downtown. Now we have a revitalized OTR and the Banks though. It’s pretty nice these days honestly. We can compete with anyone as far as breweries go, too.

Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:35 AM)McC Wrote: I'm not upset in the least over what happened back then.

Of course you aren't.  It is clear by the calm forgiving language you use when discussing the issue

(01-11-2019, 11:01 AM)McC Wrote:  little boy Carson is still carrying a grudge when he got exactly what he wanted.  Pathetic and classless.

LOL
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:40 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Geez, I think you may take over as the head Carson Palmer homer with this comment!  At any rate, butthurt Bengals fans say Carson Palmer is a crappy quitter while Larry Fitzgerald has lots of good things to say about the guy.  So...ehh...hard to call that a draw.

I've seen a ton of Carson Palmer interviews, watched a football life with him, and always followed his career pretty closely. 

From what I can make up, there doesnt seem to be a classier guy in the NFL. I blame Mike Brown 100% for what happened with the Carson Palmer fiasco. 

Carson Palmer demanded that Mike Brown make the team better and he wouldnt. Carson didnt leave the Bengals out of spite. He left because he didnt have the support of ownership. Carson wanted to make the team better, Mike didnt. I can respect that. 
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:43 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Carson Palmer demanded that Mike Brown make the team better and he wouldnt. Carson didnt leave the Bengals out of spite. He left because he didnt have the support of ownership. Carson wanted to make the team better, Mike didnt. I can respect that. 

There is more to it than that.

Mike Brown was exactly the same when Carson signed his huge contract extension to stay with the Bengals.  I don't know exactly what came up to change things, but Palmer had no problem signing that extension when he knew exactly how Mike ran the show.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:37 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I love Carson Palmer and I love his comments. Everything he says is the truth. Bengals fans dont want to hear it, but its the truth.

This.

And people, it’s not like he approached the media with an agenda on Bengal bashing. Some reporter(s) asked him about his thoughts on the Bengals head coach search, he gave his response. I’m sure Boomer, Takeo Spikes, Corey Dillon, Houshmandzadeh, maybe even Chad, etc. would all give similar responses.

Get over it, people. Palmer have Mike Brown the middle finger. Not the fan base, nor Ohio (he still owns hunting property in the area, for crying out loud). He did what the vast majority of us have wanted/threatened to do for years: move on from the Brown Family Circus. You’d think you’d make natural allies Whatever
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:46 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is more to it than that.

Mike Brown was exactly the same when Carson signed his huge contract extension to stay with the Bengals.  I don't know exactly what came up to change things, but Palmer had no problem signing that extension when he knew exactly how Mike ran the show.

True, but I think we were all stupid enough to think that Mike Brown's first taste of winning would open his mind to new avenues of football.  Alas, it did not.
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:39 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Carson Palmer does not suck. Carson Palmer should be considered as a future Hall of Famer. He could have 2 Super Bowls if it were for a couple freak injuries. 

He is not HoF worthy.

Reply/Quote

Carson has said that there was an understanding and some promises that were made when he signed that contract extension and that Mike Brown and ownership never lived up to those promises. 
Reply/Quote
I'm not reading through the whole thread, but was Palmer asked or did he give his opinion unbidden?
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:52 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Carson has said that there was an understanding and some promises that were made when he signed that contract extension and that Mike Brown and ownership never lived up to those promises. 

All I know is the very fact that "Carson should have known what he was getting into when he signed that" is an argument against him is quite telling in itself.  
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:50 AM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: He is not HoF worthy.

Um, yeah...he is. 

He's 13th all time in passing yards and touchdowns. He's a 3 time first team all pro. 

Dude had a really good career whether Bengal fans and Carson haters want to admit it or not. 
Reply/Quote

There were a couple of things that had been discussed during his extension that Palmer was really wanting. He wanted the Bengals to retain Kitna as his back-up along with the Bengals hiring a GM. He was under the impression that both were going to happen, but neither did. I’m not entirely sure how the conversation went, but Carson came away with that impression.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/a-football-life/0ap3000000962152/A-Football-Life-The-messy-divorce-between-Palmer-and-the-Bengals
Reply/Quote
(01-11-2019, 11:55 AM)PhilHos Wrote: I'm not reading through the whole thread, but was Palmer asked or did he give his opinion unbidden?

Im sure he was asked. He does a lot of analysis now on NFL Network and other football related programs. 
Reply/Quote