Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Picks His Horse
For what it's worth I live in NYC and listen to Boomers show every morning and he's said a lot of the same things about the organization that Palmer has.

He's also talked about how incredibly different it was when he went to at elsewhere and how he couldn't believe how different things were. It was like moving from a triple a team to the big leagues.

He didn't know how bad it was in Cincinnati till he left. That was his normal so he didn't have a gauge.
Reply/Quote
I don’t mind Palmer he said things about the organization every fan has said. He wanted the Bengals to put all there resources into winning and they didn’t. He was tough and came back from an ACL and an elbow injury that some think he need Tommy John surgery on. Ultimately the Bengals went to 5 playoff games after Palmer and Palmer ended up winning a playoff game with the Cardinals something the Bengals haven’t done in 30 years.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 03:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: For what it's worth I live in NYC and listen to Boomers show every morning and he's said a lot of the same things about the organization that Palmer has.

He's also talked about how incredibly different it was when he went to at elsewhere and how he couldn't believe how different things were. It was like moving from a triple a team to the big leagues.

He didn't know how bad it was in Cincinnati till he left. That was his normal so he didn't have a gauge.

Yeah his 18-32 record outside of Cincinnati compared to his 54-60 in Cincinnati screams so much better. Also, if it was so bad, why did he come back?
Reply/Quote
Pick at Carson all you like. He's just another in a long line of Bengals legends to favor the Tackle over the WR.

I'd understand the pro-Chase argument more if the people who actually know football weren't so incredibly lopsided in favor of Sewell.

Even our legendary WR's (and WR coach) favor Sewell 3 to 1.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 02:39 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Let me try painting this in a different light.

You get offered a job and you sign the contract. When they offer you the job, they tell you that you are going to be able to compete with the best companies out there and achieve the honest honors. So you of course, sign the contract for good money.

Now, after you sign the contract they keep the manager there who is below the average of the other companies and they don't sign any other top tier people to come in and assist you, top tier being the key word. Now you look at being locked in for 4 years and knowing you are never going to be one of the top companies, you are going to finish last a lot, you are going to be frustrated a lot and you are going to waste 4 more years of your very short work life.

NFL careers don't last forever and wasting 4 years of your prime on Marvin Lewis in the playoffs, and Duke Tobin as GM and no scouts and not signing the top tier FA's that were needed to give you a chance, makes no sense.

I honestly think the only people who are mad at Palmer are the people who are upset they are still suck with the Brown family shit show and are just upset Palmer was able to get away. He wanted a chance to win. 

The only way you can sit here and be mad at Carson Palmer is if you can sit there and 100% say "I agree with all the choices Mike Brown has made since Palmer was drafted." And no one in their right mind can say that. You have an emotional attachment to the Bengals as we all do, it is why we are fans. Palmer didn't grow up here, he was drafted here. He loved football and wanted to go to a franchise that wasn't going to lie to his face and that was committed to winning. Good for him. I just wish the league would have taken notice and looked into what was happening here to make a star QB walk away.

Palmer signed a contract extension already knowing how the organization was run. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:22 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Palmer signed a contract extension already knowing how the organization was run. 

He signed it because he was promised changes.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:59 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: He signed it because he was promised changes.  

what were the promises? 
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 05:15 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Pick at Carson all you like. He's just another in a long line of Bengals legends to favor the Tackle over the WR.

I'd understand the pro-Chase argument more if the people who actually know football weren't so incredibly lopsided in favor of Sewell.

Even our legendary WR's (and WR coach) favor Sewell 3 to 1.

Well, I don’t think we should limit it to just former-Bengals if we’re going to listen to guys like Tannenbaum. For example, I was watching a clip last night of Michael Irvin talking about how we should take Pitts (or Chase) over the OT. He said not a single player on that Dallas OL he won all those Super Bowl’s with were 1st rounders. But he was...

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I don’t think we should limit it to just former-Bengals if we’re going to listen to guys like Tannenbaum. For example, I was watching a clip last night of Michael Irvin talking about how we should take Pitts (or Chase) over the OT. He said not a single player on that Dallas OL he won all those Super Bowl’s with were 1st rounders. But he was...

this is true...

i'm on board with Pitts/Sewell/Chase...
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah his 18-32 record outside of Cincinnati compared to his 54-60 in Cincinnati screams so much better. Also, if it was so bad, why did he come back?

You're directing this as if I said it. 

I'm just the messenger.  Get off my nuts kid.

Ask Boomer.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 03:30 PM)Rubekahn29 Wrote: Yeah his 18-32 record outside of Cincinnati compared to his 54-60 in Cincinnati screams so much better. Also, if it was so bad, why did he come back?

Jesus, we're gonna turn on Boomer now?!  Hilarious

Why we continue to do the bidding for Mike Brown is beyond me.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 11:20 AM)The Clapp Wrote: Strike a nerve?? 

i never said he didnt have the right to be mad.. i said he couldnt hit his recievers towards the end of his career in Cincy..it makes sense that he wouldnt be able to hit garbage can either...

He gave up on the team...lets not forget that..

Last 2 games of '10, when Batman and Robin were out, Carson completed 70+% both games for 574 yards, 5 TDs and 2ints. 

Maybe he wasn't the problem in completing passes...

And, he gave up on the jackass cheapskate liar Mike Brown. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:28 PM)The Clapp Wrote: what were the promises? 

One was being aggressive in free agency.  I believe another was a general manager.  Things that we all ***** about and he had the stones to take on the front office.  
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 02:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love when he said "Willie Anderson was one of the best right tackles in the game.........  no one knows that because he played for the Bengals......"

Hilarious

Funny because it's so true.

I agree with him 100% that protecting Burrow should be job #1 because he can take us to the next level but I'm just not sure if picking a tackle that hasn't played in so long in the first round is the answer.

Chad played for the Bengals.  So did Housh.  So did Palmer.  I think real football people know Willie Anderson.   Casual fans don't know ANY linemen.  
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 01:42 PM)The Clapp Wrote: Thats where we disagree.. He took a contract extension, correct.. I mean he had 4 yrs left on his contract when he said he was going to retire. Maybe if he wanted to stick it to the Brown Family, he could have not taken the contract extension... Say what you want , but in my eyes he quit on the team and he is no different than the garbage thrown on his lawn....

Yeah. At the end of 2005, before his knee was blown out and the organization let the Oline go to shit and didn't follow through on "promises" that were made. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 03:03 PM)motoarch Wrote: For what it's worth I live in NYC and listen to Boomers show every morning and he's said a lot of the same things about the organization that Palmer has.

He's also talked about how incredibly different it was when he went to at elsewhere and how he couldn't believe how different things were.  It was like moving from a triple a team to the big leagues.

He didn't know how bad it was in Cincinnati till he left.  That was his normal so he didn't have a gauge.

Everyone who is drafted by the Bengals and leaves for another team says the same thing. 

That's not a coincidence. 

Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Last 2 games of '10, when Batman and Robin were out, Carson completed 70+% both games for 574 yards, 5 TDs and 2ints. 

If that were true, wouldn't we have let Owens walk and tried to trade away Chad's contract?

Oh, wait... Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:29 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Well, I don’t think we should limit it to just former-Bengals if we’re going to listen to guys like Tannenbaum. For example, I was watching a clip last night of Michael Irvin talking about how we should take Pitts (or Chase) over the OT. He said not a single player on that Dallas OL he won all those Super Bowl’s with were 1st rounders. But he was...

Well sure, we should consider the opinions of anyone who is an expert in their field, but lets be honest for a sec.

Who understands the Bengals better than former Bengals? So I put their opinions above all others. Including the other guys on my list.

Irvin probably spends 5 minutes per year thinking about the Bengals. So I doubt he's aware of our track record with linemen in rounds 2-5.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:43 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Last 2 games of '10, when Batman and Robin were out, Carson completed 70+% both games for 574 yards, 5 TDs and 2ints. 

He had one great game against the Chargers, who Carson always roasted.

In the last game he threw 1 TD and 2 picks and we scored 7 points against Baltimore.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 06:38 PM)motoarch Wrote: You're directing this as if I said it. 

I'm just the messenger.  Get off my nuts kid.

Ask Boomer.

Just responding to what you posted. Sorry you were offended by my response.
Reply/Quote