Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Picks His Horse
(04-25-2021, 06:42 PM)tms Wrote: Jesus, we're gonna turn on Boomer now?!  Hilarious

Why we continue to do the bidding for Mike Brown is beyond me.

Not turning on him, just saying he did absolutely nothing outside of Cincinnati and then came back to finish his career. If he thought it was so bad, he probably shouldn’t have come back.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 09:26 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He had one great game against the Chargers, who Carson always roasted.

In the last game he threw 1 TD and 2 picks and we scored 7 points against Baltimore.

Let's get in the way-back machine--otherwise known as NFL GamePass--and head back to 2010. 

At Baltimore (11-4).
Ravens Defense w/Suggs, Ngata, Lewis and Reed. Finished 3rd in pts and 10th in yds allowed in '10.
Bengals starting WRs were Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson. TEs were Reggie Kelly and Chase Coffman. Ced was avg 3.5 per rush that year.
Clint Stitser missed a chip shot FG in the first half. 
Simpson caught a 20 yd pass and fumbled, in Ravens territory, w/he was hit because he was carrying the ball in front of him like a loaf of bread. 
Both INTs were tipped balls to Ed Reed in the first half. The 2nd one off Shipley at the goal line. It could have easily been 10-6 or more for the Bengals at the half. 

Despite that, Palmer completed 71% of his passes for 305 yards. 166 yds and a TD in the 2nd half. He wasn't near the problem or reason they lost that day.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
[Image: 6178ddca4943c3374bb338e20ebc4211.jpg]
Sorry, this guy is dead to me. Couldn’t have been a bigger fan than I was back in the day but took no responsibility for his many game killing pick 6’s. They kept his shitty brother on the payroll just to playcate this spineless jerk. Still talking shit to this day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 01:12 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Smoke Screen and Bengals???

I think every year just about everyone knows who they are drafting. Only time it's a surprise is when they trade.

Why do you think over the years a team will jump in front of us and pick "the guy" the FO wanted?? happens alot.

Nobody besides Lap thought we would draft Eifert.

Nobody thought we would draft Price in the first round.

Nobody thought we we would draft Og in the first round.

I don't know what your are talking about Mike. 

No one knows who we will actually draft, especially after the last few years and MB taking a backseat.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 10:39 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Let's get in the way-back machine--otherwise known as NFL GamePass--and head back to 2010. 

At Baltimore (11-4).
Ravens Defense w/Suggs, Ngata, Lewis and Reed. Finished 3rd in pts and 10th in yds allowed in '10.
Bengals starting WRs were Andre Caldwell and Jerome Simpson. TEs were Reggie Kelly and Chase Coffman. Ced was avg 3.5 per rush that year.
Clint Stitser missed a chip shot FG in the first half. 
Simpson caught a 20 yd pass and fumbled, in Ravens territory, w/he was hit because he was carrying the ball in front of him like a loaf of bread. 
Both INTs were tipped balls to Ed Reed in the first half. The 2nd one off Shipley at the goal line. It could have easily been 10-6 or more for the Bengals at the half. 

Despite that, Palmer completed 71% of his passes for 305 yards. 166 yds and a TD in the 2nd half. He wasn't near the problem or reason they lost that day.

Yeah I know the Ravens had a great defense, but it's not like he lit them up or proved anything that day. He dink and dunked them to death. Averaged 9 yards/completion and obviously only lead one scoring drive.

CP had some great years, but 2010 wasn't one of them. Heck, I'd say the last great year for CP in a Bengals uniform was 2006. People always tried to blame the 20 picks on the dynamic duo in 2010, but CP was just an INT prone guy.

He threw 20 picks two other times - at least - that I can recall.

Not that I think that made him a bad QB. He was just always that QB who would amaze you, then come out the next half and throw 2 picks where you just scratched your head and wondered what the heck he was thinking.

We benefitted from a couple of those throws in our game against him in AZ.

I remember people on his own sideline looking bewildered after those throws.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:48 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah I know the Ravens had a great defense, but it's not like he lit them up or proved anything that day. He dink and dunked them to death. Averaged 9 yards/completion and obviously only lead one scoring drive.

CP had some great years, but 2010 wasn't one of them. Heck, I'd say the last great year for CP in a Bengals uniform was 2006. People always tried to blame the 20 picks on the dynamic duo in 2010, but CP was just an INT prone guy.

He threw 20 picks two other times - at least - that I can recall.

Not that I think that made him a bad QB. He was just always that QB who would amaze you, then come out the next half and throw 2 picks where you just scratched your head and wondered what the heck he was thinking.

We benefitted from a couple of those throws in our game against him in AZ.

I remember people on his own sideline looking bewildered after those throws.

He didn't just "lead them on 1 scoring drive". A scoring drive, another drive that Simpson fumbled, another drive that the FG kicker missed a chip shot, another drive that had a ball go off Shipleys hands at the goal line. 

He wasn't the problem. He obviously had some very good years after he left here.

I don't know why people want to keep bashing him (generally speaking) when all he wanted to do was win a championship and he tried to do that here but the asshole that fell far from the tree has prevented that from the time he took over. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 11:34 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Nobody besides Lap thought we would draft Eifert.

Nobody thought we would draft Price in the first round.

Nobody thought we we would draft Og in the first round.

I don't know what your are talking about Mike. 

No one knows who we will actually draft, especially after the last few years and MB taking a backseat.

Everyone knew it was a center, no one knew which one(s) would be available there.  No one expected the Lions to trade up for Ragnow.
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 03:25 PM)lone bengal Wrote: He wanted the Bengals to put all there resources into winning and they didn’t.

[Image: 95PaQx.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 11:18 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: He didn't just "lead them on 1 scoring drive". A scoring drive, another drive that Simpson fumbled, another drive that the FG kicker missed a chip shot, another drive that had a ball go off Shipleys hands at the goal line. 

He wasn't the problem. He obviously had some very good years after he left here.

I don't know why people want to keep bashing him (generally speaking) when all he wanted to do was win a championship and he tried to do that here but the asshole that fell far from the tree has prevented that from the time he took over. 

I personally had no issue with the trade demand. Never did. I've always defended players like Dillon, Chad, Pickens etc that took issue with the FO.

I just always called Carson as I saw him, strictly as a player. One game he'd throw for 400 and 4 scores. The next, he'd throw 2 bonehead picks, where he just looked confused or threw directly into coverage, trusting his arm too much.

That's what made him look great at times, but kept him from ever reaching Aaron Rodgers status.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:17 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I personally had no issue with the trade demand. Never did. I've always defended players like Dillon, Chad, Pickens etc that took issue with the FO.

I just always called Carson as I saw him, strictly as a player. One game he'd throw for 400 and 4 scores. The next, he'd throw 2 bonehead picks, where he just looked confused or threw directly into coverage, trusting his arm too much.

That's what made him look great at times, but kept him from ever reaching Aaron Rodgers status.

Yup. I think he probably saw himself as a gunslinger type, but i don't think that's what he really was. 

Though i will always believe that a better front office, with him as QB, would have had much more success than they had. 

Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 01:30 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yup. I think he probably saw himself as a gunslinger type, but i don't think that's what he really was. 

Though i will always believe that a better front office, with him as QB, would have had much more success than they had. 

That I agree with for sure. He reached the NFC title game with AZ, and was only there for a few years.

It was said that Chad's main complaint when he asked for a trade was wanting defensive help. I'm sure that's probably what Carson went to the FO about...and eventually what led to his trade demand.

For all the talk about Chad vs Carson, I'm pretty sure they were on the same page. They wanted to win.
Reply/Quote
Lordy, 11 years later and we are still debating the Palmer thing.  I think people outside of Cincy put about 11 seconds of thought into it.   Hell, now teams are trading multiple 1st round picks to get rid of QBs who played in the SB.  The whole Palmer thing seems like an artifact of a long gone era.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lordy, 11 years later and we are still debating the Palmer thing.  I think people outside of Cincy put about 11 seconds of thought into it.   Hell, now teams are trading multiple 1st round picks to get rid of QBs who played in the SB.  The whole Palmer thing seems like an artifact of a long gone era.

Rep worthy post. I'm with you and as a fan, I also enjoyed watching Palmer throw to Chad, TJ, and Henry. I enjoyed the Palmer-era even if he parted on bad terms. 
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 02:25 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Rep worthy post. I'm with you and as a fan, I also enjoyed watching Palmer throw to Chad, TJ, and Henry. I enjoyed the Palmer-era even if he parted on bad terms. 

We can debate it forever, it's all good and that's what I expect (and I'm usually one of the ones wading in) on a Bengals forum.  With that being said, when he left the Steelers fans around me were very "Who cares?  The Bengals suck." and in hindsight we are talking about Palmer leaving to have some bad/ho-hum/decent seasons, a playoff win, and a playoff meltdown vs. the Bengals becoming a tried and true playoff 1st round bye...in the grand scheme of things nothing too nationally impactful occurred on either side.

The Esiason vs the 90s Bengals thing was even worse.  Boomer went to some bad Jets teams while we went on to be a dynasty of crap.  Again, a whole lotta nothing...though the Esiason/Simms NY combo did lead to some awesomely bad commercial tie-ins.

What really makes the Palmer/Bengals thing seem like small potatoes now is the way starting QBs are tossed in the trash on a regular basis.  In this past year alone we saw two QBs who teams traded up to get and got their teams to the SB get exuberantly traded away.  Garoppolo is likely to also go from getting to a SB to getting tossed aside.  Teams give a QB 3 or 4 years and let a QB taken in the top 3 like Winston, Mariotta, Trubkisky, Darnold walk.  Things are wacky now.  It reminds me of people crapping their pants that Joe Namath got a contract for 3 years for $400k.  Well, ok it's not THAT antiquated, but you get the idea.

The only time I really think of the Palmer/MB thing is when I hear people say stuff like "I hope Joe Burrow kicks Mike Brown's ass and gets him to run this team the right way" or something like that.  
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 02:13 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lordy, 11 years later and we are still debating the Palmer thing.  I think people outside of Cincy put about 11 seconds of thought into it.   Hell, now teams are trading multiple 1st round picks to get rid of QBs who played in the SB.  The whole Palmer thing seems like an artifact of a long gone era.

[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fi.pinimg.com%2F236x%2F9...f=1&nofb=1]
Reply/Quote
(04-24-2021, 03:28 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: No.  He knows he was right in leaving with the way Mike Brown wouldn't pay to keep Kitna as a backup like Palmer wanted, wouldn't be aggressive I'm free agency to improve the team, and I'm sure there's other things that we don't know about.

We had a guy that could have taken us to the Promised Land if we just gave him the tools to do so and we wouldn't even give him the basics.

Really? Look up that 2005 offense. He had a hell of a lot more than just the basics. He also threw passes to some of the best wide receivers to ever put on the stripes.    
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 09:16 PM)Cicero Wrote: Really? Look up that 2005 offense. He had a hell of a lot more than just the basics. He also threw passes to some of the best wide receivers to ever put on the stripes.    

Really?  Do you not remember what happened in 2005?  We definitely had the tools but then the Steelers hurt Carson on the first play of the playoff game.
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 09:31 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Really?  Do you not remember what happened in 2005?  We definitely had the tools but then the Steelers hurt Carson on the first play of the playoff game.

Which is a lot more than not even "giving him the basics." An yes, I remember 2005 quite clearly. 2nd most painful moment in my tenure as a fan. Slightly edged out by Montana to Taylor.  
I know who I am! I'm a dude playing a dude disguised as another dude!
Reply/Quote
(04-26-2021, 11:22 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: Everyone knew it was a center, no one knew which one(s) would be available there.  No one expected the Lions to trade up for Ragnow.

True, didn't expect that, I wanted Ragnow. Been surprised to say the least that Price has been THIS bad though.

Even with the injuries.
Reply/Quote
(04-27-2021, 07:40 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: True, didn't expect that, I wanted Ragnow. Been surprised to say the least that Price has been THIS bad though.

Even with the injuries.

EVERYONE HAS!
Reply/Quote