Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Carson Picks His Horse
(04-24-2021, 04:22 PM)tms Wrote: I wish we knew more about why Palmer left. So few of his teammates (if any) have taken exception to his departure, which leads me to think that it was widely understood. Unfortunately his name has been dragged through the mud for over 10 years because we assume the worst. It's the easiest thing to do.

Personally, I don't think Chase is a smokescreen. Imo it's a done deal and has been for a while, and what we see now is just a PR campaign to give him a soft landing. There's too much smoke to ignore, and I just don't think we'd have the capacity (much less the propensity) to coordinate something like that anyway.

My biggest problem with Chase is that it'll follow him, Burrow and this team around forever. See how Eisen's already talking about it- a pick they haven't even made. We're just stacking the deck against yourselves, as if our odds weren't bad enough to begin with. The media will love framing it as a bad pick to perpetuate the Bungles' narrative. In fact, that's the easiest thing for them to do.

To the best of my recollection, there were teammates that wanted Carson to approach Son of Paul.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-25-2021, 01:52 PM)bengals1969 Wrote: Chase was a star in the national championship game.  That was such a pucker game for LSU, down early, their offense consistently terrible starting field position yet Chase eventually was unstoppable by half time.  It's just one game but it was national, probably global given the number of international students who have attended both schools.  Chase played in the biggest stage but Sewell never has.  
It's just one game, valid criticism.  But at #5 it matters.  I know Sewell could have a All Pro career, but he hasn't been tested the way Chase was during the championship.

You spelled Joe Burrow wrong. Wink

Seriously, they bludgeoned the poor guy early and often. He hung in there, and dropped absolute dimes to his WRs once they figured out how to stop the Clemson onslaught.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote