Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-16-2017, 09:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I was pissed off when they drafted back to back tackles, with the #1 pick being injured.  But people told me, "oh, this is for the future, it was a good move."  Well, the future is now, and we're screwed.

You too?  And the number of people rationalizing those moves was almost comical.  I guess we can now take a moment and enjoy our "See, I told you so!", moment.  Cool
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 09:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You too?  And the number of people rationalizing those moves was almost comical.  I guess we can now take a moment and enjoy our "See, I told you so!", moment.  Cool

If they worked out it could have been ok.. the timing could have worked... if they were any good... but they are not, which was clearly evident last season. They could have made moves in the offseason but they did nothing which is a real head scratcher tbh. Starting a season with this disaster oline is akin to putting g in your pitcher to pinch hit in the final at bat of the 9th inning and hoping for a miracle... it makes no sense at all. 
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With good reason.  

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

Exactly. Going on year three now and were still hoping for a least some marginal improvement. I think the ship has sailed here, Ogbeuhi just isnt that good.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 09:11 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You too?  And the number of people rationalizing those moves was almost comical.  I guess we can now take a moment and enjoy our "See, I told you so!", moment.  Cool

Always thought Ced was a surprise pick, maybe a need pick, but perhaps a reach

Biggest pass/miss from that year, still on the board, has been Landon Collins, pro bowl

But others...

Shane Ray...12 sacks in 2 years so far..he did have a pot issue predraft though
Shaq Thompson...coverage linebacker in the making...hmmm
Stephone Anthony...128 tackles in 2 years at LB
Benardrick McKinney..192 tackles, 6 sacks at LB in 2 years 
Malcolm Brown...98 tackles, 6 sacks at DT
Donovan Smith..32 straight starts so far at T
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 08:00 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I hope so, cause Andre at left tackle cant be much of an improvement if at all, unless Andy puts some rear view mirrors on his helmet.

Kind of hard to say that. Andre did play LT at Bama, and was never given a shot at the position because Whit held it down and wasn't going anywhere. So who knows what he would do. Could he be better then Ced? I think Andre could be given a shot there if DLineman just start T-ing off on Ced in the first couple games.
Reply/Quote
I remember 2 days before the draft rumors of Bengals liking Ogbuehi. I knew they were solid rumors because came from Lap. At my friends draft party i said the only guy i hate in this draft is Ogbuehi. He had horrible tape. N giving up 8 sacks his senior year at left tackle n getting the boot to right was a ***** clear sign to not draft him...fuk
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 12:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I remember 2 days before the draft rumors of Bengals liking Ogbuehi.  I knew they were solid rumors because came from Lap. At my friends draft party i said the only guy i hate in this draft is Ogbuehi.   He had horrible tape.   N giving up 8 sacks his senior year at left tackle n getting the boot to right was a ***** clear sign to not draft him...fuk

But left tackle is his "natural position" lol

just kidding. 
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 12:09 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: I remember 2 days before the draft rumors of Bengals liking Ogbuehi.  I knew they were solid rumors because came from Lap. At my friends draft party i said the only guy i hate in this draft is Ogbuehi.   He had horrible tape.   N giving up 8 sacks his senior year at left tackle n getting the boot to right was a ***** clear sign to not draft him...fuk

That's the kind of guys we draft!

I remember hearing on TV how Shaun Rodgers was lazy and unmotivated...and I said to myself the Bengals will probably want him. Then I read we were trading for him...but it fell through.

Og has the prototype body of an NFL Tackle...just not the skills or strength.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I was pissed off when they drafted back to back tackles, with the #1 pick being injured.  But people told me, "oh, this is for the future, it was a good move."  Well, the future is now, and we're screwed.

x3

...and yes, the cavalry was out in force to vigorously defend those moves.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Drafting 2 tackles was fine to me.
Just probably drafted the wrong two.
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 10:10 AM)Goalpost Wrote: Always thought Ced was a surprise pick, maybe a need pick, but perhaps a reach

Biggest pass/miss from that year, still on the board, has been Landon Collins, pro bowl

But others...

Shane Ray...12 sacks in 2 years so far..he did have a pot issue predraft though
Shaq Thompson...coverage linebacker in the making...hmmm
Stephone Anthony...128 tackles in 2 years at LB
Benardrick McKinney..192 tackles, 6 sacks at LB in 2 years 
Malcolm Brown...98 tackles, 6 sacks at DT
Donovan Smith..32 straight starts so far at T

Ah, the ol' what's the point, why drive yourself crazy game.  A classic.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 12:35 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: x3

...and yes, the cavalry was out in force to vigorously defend those moves.

Yes, just like the hindsight is 20/20 cavalry that's out in force now.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 12:53 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Drafting 2 tackles was fine to me.
Just probably drafted the wrong two.

Fisher has a chance to make it, doesn't he?  Seems like you pointed out quite a few good things he did.

Reply/Quote

That is the most important thing, right?

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 01:07 PM)McC Wrote: That is the most important thing, right?

Or the most important thing is to constantly defend the Bengals no matter how bad their decision was
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 09:57 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Exactly. Going on year three now and were still hoping for a least some marginal improvement. I think the ship has sailed here, Ogbeuhi just isnt that good.

Ced defenders point to Boiling as an example of an offensive lineman who struggled early for us. This is a false comparison for two major reasons. The first, and most obvious, being that he is a guard and Ced is a tackle. The second, that while Boiling certainly struggled his first year he showed flashes of what would make him an above average starting guard in the league, then showed tremendous improvement in his 2nd year to where he is now. Ced has shown literally nothing that would make me think he could even be an average tackle in this league. He gets beat by every move imaginable. His "quick feet" which was supposed to be a strength seem to have all but disappeared. If Ced continues to struggle this year and isn't pulled after at least 3 games someone should lose their job. 
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 01:21 PM)Aquapod770 Wrote: Ced defenders point to Boiling as an example of an offensive lineman who struggled early for us. This is a false comparison for two major reasons. The first, and most obvious, being that he is a guard and Ced is a tackle. The second, that while Boiling certainly struggled his first year he showed flashes of what would make him an above average starting guard in the league, then showed tremendous improvement in his 2nd year to where he is now. Ced has shown literally nothing that would make me think he could even be an average tackle in this league. He gets beat by every move imaginable. His "quick feet" which was supposed to be a strength seem to have all but disappeared. If Ced continues to struggle this year and isn't pulled after at least 3 games someone should lose their job. 

Add in the fact Ced was a 1st rounder, Boling was 4th round. 1st rounders are expected to be better and contribute earlier than 4th rounders.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 01:16 PM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Or the most important thing is to constantly defend the Bengals no matter how bad their decision was

I haven't defended any decisions.  I'm just trying not to drown in the doom and gloom and the piling on.  All I've ever said is why not wait and see what happens.  But what fun is that, right?

Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 01:27 PM)McC Wrote: I haven't defended any decisions.  I'm just trying not to drown in the doom and gloom and the piling on.  All I've ever said is why not wait and see what happens.  But what fun is that, right?

Speaking just for me personally, 

Years and years of having my heart ripped out by this team has taught me to expect the worst and be pleasantly surprised when things go well.  Whatever
[Image: 85d8232ebbf088d606250ddec1641e7b.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(08-17-2017, 12:28 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: But left tackle is his "natural position" lol

just kidding. 

LT only "seems" like a more natural position than RT because of his athletic profile and measurables. LT's are typically more athletic and handle more speed rushers than power rushers (correct me if I'm wrong please). The different for Ced is he simply just failed at RT because he didn't have enough power and anchor to handle the power rushers, but he also seems too slow to handle the speed rushers. I don't see how he's going to succeed on the outside in the NFL.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote