Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
(08-15-2017, 06:45 PM)Millhouse Wrote: I won't say that I officially agree with you for fear of bending the coc*, but I unofficially do agree. I am referring to the latter part too, not the first part.

* - coc is the code of conduct, and the * is the denoter thingy.

Lol its like when your brother keeps poking you and poking you finally you just deck him and you're thr one in trouble.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 08:43 PM)Synric Wrote: Lol its like when your brother keeps poking you and poking you finally you just deck him and you're thr one in trouble.

It happens.  I got slapped numerous times because of "Mom, he's looking at me!".

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
It seems to me some might be more "bent" if the OP was correct in his analysis, rather than the OP gloating in it.

Just a hunch...

But hey that's just like my opinion man.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
[Image: Zki6LEk.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It seems to me some might be more "bent" if the OP was correct in his analysis, rather than the OP gloating in it.

Just a hunch...

I thought his analysis was pretty spot on... but man did he ever stand his ground. It actually didn't bother me at all, but I guess I understand why it had to be shut down.

Still, I've seen much worse in this forum. Much, much worse. Granted, some of the guilty parties have been dealt with by the mods, but there's still plenty out there that apparently goes unnoticed. 
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:00 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: It seems to me some might be more "bent" if the OP was correct in his analysis, rather than the OP gloating in it.

Just a hunch...

At the risk of aggravating  of the mods I disagree. 

If you reread the thread you notice me and Zerk argued early in this thread it was perfectly amicable. It was people that just flat out told him hes not a bengal's coach and has no idea what hes talking about lol. I mean there's seriously a post in this thread that says I golf with Dave Lapham and he says your stupid. Lol Ive been posting on this board and the original one a long time and this situation reminds me alot of West TX Bengals Fan. I agree referring to some as Asshats was a lil much but its like I said Poke Poke Poke Im gonna pop you eventually lol.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote

Just a hunch...

(08-15-2017, 09:28 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: I thought his analysis was pretty spot on... but man did he ever stand his ground. It actually didn't bother me at all, but I guess I understand why it had to be shut down.

Still, I've seen much worse in this forum. Much, much worse. Granted, some of the guilty parties have been dealt with by the mods, but there's still plenty out there that apparently goes unnoticed. 

(08-15-2017, 09:34 PM)Synric Wrote: At the risk of aggravating  of the mods I disagree. 

If you reread the thread you notice me and Zerk argued early in this thread it was perfectly amicable. It was people that just flat out told him hes not a bengal's coach and has no idea what hes talking about lol. I mean there's seriously a post in this thread that says I golf with Dave Lapham and he says your stupid. Lol Ive been posting on this board and the original one a long time but this reminds me alot of West TX Bengals Fan. I agree referring to some as Asshats was a lil much but its like I said Poke Poke Poke Im gonna pop you eventually lol.

Alright fellas, let's keep this thread on football topics.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 04:05 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Why is Op suspended man

Yeah, i like good ole Berserker/RRL.

He really knows his O-line play, i just hope he is wrong about Ogbuehi and is let back on the board relatively quickly.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:37 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Alright fellas, let's keep this thread on football topics.

My bad lol.

Anyway I see alot of people saying they can game plan around a bad offensive line. While yes that is true it's a bad situation to be in... ideally you want your offense to game plan against opposing defenses. While I disagree on some of Zerks comments about hand placement I can see he's right about Ced letting defenders into his body. Which is a Big Big No No.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 09:54 PM)Synric Wrote: My bad lol.

Anyway I see alot of people saying they can game plan around a bad offensive line. While yes that is true it's a bad situation to be in... ideally you want your offense to game plan against opposing defenses. While I disagree on some of Zerks comments about hand placement I can see he's right about Ced letting defenders into his body. Which is a Big Big No No.

You can game plan around a bad OL man, but for only so long.  After a few games, DCs are going to be really prepared for that 'abbreviated playbook".

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You can game plan around a bad OL man, but for only so long.  After a few games, DCs are going to be really prepared for that 'abbreviated playbook".

Then you have the 3rd and long situations after just out flat great plays by the defense or they are just great at stopping the run. The QB has to have time to convert in those situations for any team to be dominate.

Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:00 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: You can game plan around a bad OL man, but for only so long.  After a few games, DCs are going to be really prepared for that 'abbreviated playbook".

The good thing is we don't look like we have a bad OL man.

Boling, Hopkins and Fisher looked great against a good front in Tampa.

Hell, even Bodine looked pretty damn good except for the one play.

Og does look better, not saying much i know but it is something and more than i expected especially from Hopkins who was really good.

That was Gerald McCoy Hopkins was going against most the time. One of the best DT's in the game.
Reply/Quote

The 7th play is actually a 5 step drop and it takes about 3 seconds for the ball to come out. 

Hopefully, as the preseason wears on, we'll get some more examples of plays that take longer to develop.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:32 PM)Whatever Wrote: The 7th play is actually a 5 step drop and it takes about 3 seconds for the ball to come out. 

Hopefully, as the preseason wears on, we'll get some more examples of plays that take longer to develop.

They'll have to.  Otherwise, they won't really know if the kid can handle the pressure.  As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it takes developing a bit of confidence, however as the OP mentioned, he has physical habits that limit his ability to improve his chances of dominating his opposition.  Bad habits are hard to break, and severely inhibit the ability to develop good ones.  As people get frustrated learning new ways of doing things, the natural tendency is to automatically go back to what they have always done.

Some guys, it just takes a play or two of trusting the coaching, and then the light goes on.  Hopefully, Ogbuehi can be one of those guys.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:45 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: They'll have to.  Otherwise, they won't really know if the kid can handle the pressure.  As someone mentioned earlier in this thread, it takes developing a bit of confidence, however as the OP mentioned, he has physical habits that limit his ability to improve his chances of dominating his opposition.  Bad habits are hard to break, and severely inhibit the ability to develop good ones.  As people get frustrated learning new ways of doing things, the natural tendency is to automatically go back to what they have always done.

Some guys, it just takes a play or two of trusting the coaching, and then the light goes on.  Hopefully, Ogbuehi can be one of those guys.

So true, great post Sunset.

Og needs the snaps. I wouldn't be mad if we played him more than any other O-lineman this Preseason.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 10:53 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: So true, great post Sunset.

Og needs the snaps. I wouldn't be mad if we played him more than any other O-lineman this Preseason.

Agree,

He needs to be playing like the entire first half all preseason. There's lots of kinks to try and work out.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2017, 11:01 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree,

He needs to be playing like the entire first half all preseason. There's lots of kinks to try and work out.

Yeah, the only way he is going to gain that confidence is by letting him go out and dominate somebody.

Might light that fire...
Reply/Quote
Well I can only hope that the plan was for ced to get some confidence going. Some of his issues seem coachable, some may not be.

I just hope there's a capable backup plan in place if needed.
Reply/Quote
The guys that cover the Bengals on twitter believe Ced is seriously in danger of losing his job. N know some here believe hes improved but they dont see that at all.
Reply/Quote
We've all read the details of this discussion, and some are pretty good. We all have our opinions.

My opinion, after all is said and done, is that Ced will never cut it. All his instincts just seem either completely off, or about a beat too slow. I watched Whitworth playing for the Rams. Yeah, it still hurts. He looked like a huge power forward playing great defense in basketball ... feet moving, staying in front of his man, arms punching to maintain control.

I didn't see a sign of anything like that with Ced. I'm sad for him, because you know he wants to do the job. Maybe others see things I don't see, but some of these things we're talking about shouldn't even have to be taught at this level.
Reply/Quote