Poll: How do you feel about Ced
He's going in the right direction
LT is a major need from here out
I started the Andy Dalton memorial site already
[Show Results]

Note: This is a public poll, other users will be able to see what you voted for.
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cedric Ogbeuhi with moving pictures.
No idea why anyone is defending Ced in anyway way what so ever in this thread. The guy has been a bust from Day 1 and hasn't improved in any significant way. I am praying he does but as far as i am concerned LT is major priority whenever we get the chance to get a new one.

Fisher on the other hand did look like he had improved, but he has plenty more improving to do.

To me its completely telling when the guy who was the biggest liability on this line for a number of years (Bodine) is now an after thought for the most part and when you watch the games he is no longer the weakest link. That's not to say he is really any better than he was, its just the other guys like Ced screw up quicker than he does and take all the attention.
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2017, 07:07 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: With good reason.  

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck...

In this case its a puppy. Ducks have better footwork and have more aggressiveness. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
His legwork and hand placement are not acceptable for an NFL LT in pass protect at this point. That is frustrating. Things like that should be drilled so much that they are second nature, so that the body automatically does them despite the mind focusing on what the defender will do next.

I have concerns about Og. Hopefully, something clicks at some point.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 10:40 AM)Bengalzona Wrote: His legwork and hand placement are not acceptable for an NFL LT in pass protect at this point. That is frustrating. Things like that should be drilled so much that they are second nature, so that the body automatically does them despite the mind focusing on what the defender will do next.

I have concerns about Og. Hopefully, something clicks at some point.

Wishful thinking that we all share at the moment.

Letting Zeitler and Whitworth walk, not finding suitable replacements, and rolling with the likes of Ogbuehi, Andre and Bodine. This is the line Marvin and Paul Alexander have chosen, everyone. And the sad part is (based on the quick pass scheme we saw last Friday) they only now seem to realize how stupid that was. Looks like the team is going to mightily suffer because of it.  
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 07:28 AM)HarleyDog Wrote: In this case its a puppy. Ducks have better footwork and have more aggressiveness. 

It'd have to be a puppy from one of those Sarah McLaughlin commercials though, because watching Og makes me sad.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 03:28 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: We've all read the details of this discussion, and some are pretty good.  We all have our opinions.

My opinion, after all is said and done, is that Ced will never cut it. All his instincts just seem either completely off, or about a beat too slow.  I watched Whitworth playing for the Rams.  Yeah, it still hurts.  He looked like a huge power forward playing great defense in basketball ... feet moving, staying in front of his man, arms punching to maintain control.

I didn't see a sign of anything like that with Ced.  I'm sad for him, because you know he wants to do the job. Maybe others see things I don't see, but some of these things we're talking about shouldn't even have to be taught at this level.

Well, sure sounds like we should of offered Whit a multiple year deal if he is looking that good still.

I thought at his age he would finally start to fall off. The guy really takes care of himself, damn.
Reply/Quote
Katherine Terrell of ESPN reporting Andre was LT with number ones today and Hopkins still at RG.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 06:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Katherine Terrell of ESPN reporting Andre was LT with number ones today and Hopkins still at RG.

Facepalm
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 06:59 PM)Millhouse Wrote: Facepalm

I know they are trying to get Fisher comfortable in one spot, but if they go this route they'll have both tackles being fairly new to their positions. If Ced isn't going to cut it at OT, I say put Andre at RT and solidify that spot, then move Fisher to LT and see if he's the future there. He still has some issues, but appears to be taking coaching and improving.
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 07:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I know they are trying to get Fisher comfortable in one spot, but if they go this route they'll have both tackles being fairly new to their positions. If Ced isn't going to cut it at OT, I say put Andre at RT and solidify that spot, then move Fisher to LT and see if he's the future there. He still has some issues, but appears to be taking coaching and improving.

This... But holy crap, what a s*** show  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 07:12 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I know they are trying to get Fisher comfortable in one spot, but if they go this route they'll have both tackles being fairly new to their positions. If Ced isn't going to cut it at OT, I say put Andre at RT and solidify that spot, then move Fisher to LT and see if he's the future there. He still has some issues, but appears to be taking coaching and improving.

I hope so, cause Andre at left tackle cant be much of an improvement if at all, unless Andy puts some rear view mirrors on his helmet.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
Trade for Whit
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 06:41 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: Katherine Terrell of ESPN reporting Andre was LT with number ones today and Hopkins still at RG.

She mis-tweeted. 
Andre was at RT with the second team.

Sounds more like Hopkins is the RG now. 
Reply/Quote
We need to pick up someone fast!

Reply/Quote
I was pissed off when they drafted back to back tackles, with the #1 pick being injured. But people told me, "oh, this is for the future, it was a good move." Well, the future is now, and we're screwed.
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
https://twitter.com/JB_Long/status/893995911012950017
Reply/Quote
Meanwhile in LA..
Reply/Quote
I suppose it's a good thing we have the OL Miracle Worker. Or did we quit buying into that nonsense? I haven't been here in a spell and I haven't bothered keeping tabs.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Ced has been struggling and getting worse in practice and is making Chris Smith and Lawson look like hall of famers. Bengals better move quick. He will destroy our year. I guarantee he wont be starting by week six
Reply/Quote
(08-16-2017, 09:14 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: I was pissed off when they drafted back to back tackles, with the #1 pick being injured.  But people told me, "oh, this is for the future, it was a good move."  Well, the future is now, and we're screwed.

To be fair he was supposed to be good. You can't hit every draft. I'm always for drafting OL early. Every team that seems to prioritize their OL seems to do really well. Just look at Dallas.
Reply/Quote