Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Celebrate the pick!
Even if it isn't "your guy". It's no secret that I've been "Team Sewell", since before it was an issue of contested contention around here. However, if the pick is Pitts, Chase, or anyone else, we're still getting an outstanding player to join our team.

I implore all Bengal fans to come together and celebrate the selection, no matter who it is.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Yeah I'm firmly a build the trenches guy, but Chase is a fantastic player.

So it's not like we'd be passing on Sewell for some scrub.

If we can somehow get the line built up, it'll be a fun duo to watch.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
We survived the great uniform skirmish of 2021, so we're stronger than we think. Regardless of the pick tonight, we'll survive that, too.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
So you're telling us to quit horsing around and to be good naybors  Ninja
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:24 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: We survived the great uniform skirmish of 2021, so we're stronger than we think.   Regardless of the pick tonight, we'll survive that, too.

If you could put "meh" into a uniform without actually writing the word on it.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 08:10 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Even if it isn't "your guy".  It's no secret that I've been "Team Sewell", since before it was an issue of contested contention around here.  However, if the pick is Pitts, Chase, or anyone else, we're still getting an outstanding player to join our team.  

I implore all Bengal fans to come together and celebrate the selection, no matter who it is.

Oh, i'm def on board regardless.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Forget this cumbaya crap. I want my guy and all the rest of you guys can go consume a satchel of Richards.
Reply/Quote
I'll be cool if they get one of the 3 elite guys.

I'll just have different expectations for the season depending on who they take.
Reply/Quote
I would have to say it's not like they will pick a WTF guy. Any of the 3 should be pretty good. Nice to take a couple of years off from telling my wife why I'm pi**ed off watching the draft.
Reply/Quote
I'm happy just please beef up the line now.
Reply/Quote
[Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Chase should be a stud, and now the Bengals have 3 legit WR’s. Go back to back OL in the second and 3rd and this looks pretty good. I really like double dipping in WR later and snagging Michael Strachan or Jaelen Darden.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
I was certain that I'd be thrilled regardless of who we took at #5.

But now that we officially know it isn't Penei, I just have a pit in my stomach.

I really hope these coaches know what they're doing...
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:14 PM)t3r3e3 Wrote: Chase should be a stud, and now the Bengals have 3 legit WR’s.  Go back to back OL in the second and 3rd and this looks pretty good.  I really like double dipping in WR later and snagging Michael Strachan or Jaelen Darden.

Unless Chase is Peter Warrick Part 2...just sayin
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:15 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I was certain that I'd be thrilled regardless of who we took at #5.

But now that we officially know it isn't Penei, I just have a pit in my stomach.

I really hope these coaches know what they're doing...

Yes a bit of a let down after Burrow injury and lack of Oline FA signing
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:13 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: [Image: ?u=https%3A%2F%2Fmedia1.tenor.com%2Fimag...f=1&nofb=1]

Thanks for the laugh  Hilarious
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:16 PM)TJ528 Wrote: Unless Chase is Peter Warrick Part 2...just sayin

What if Sewell is Eric Fisher 2.0?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: What if Sewell is Eric Fisher 2.0?

The way this franchises in the first round anything possible. How Fisher was drafted in round 2 and Sewell is a 1st rounder ?
Reply/Quote
(04-29-2021, 10:24 PM)Beaker Wrote: What if Sewell is Eric Fisher 2.0?

What if Chase is John Ross 2.0?

Mellow

Just kidding. Sort of. I hated the Ross pick when it happened.

Don't get me wrong, I hate the Chase pick, too, but not for the same reason. Ross was a reeeeeeeeach. Chase is probably going to be a very good receiver. And in a couple years when we build an offensive line and Joe has time to throw, Chase will probably look legit.

As it is, Chase is going to be picking up a lot of 5-10 yard passes.
Reply/Quote
Welcome to the team Ja'Marr Chase! Now, let's go get some OL help!!

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote