Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Center JC Tretter
(03-18-2022, 09:12 AM)Big Boss Wrote: Kinda shocked he hasn't been snatched up yet.

Players like him who are getting multiple offers to their agent can take their time and see who makes the best offer. When posters don't hear anything, they jump to the concusion nothing is happening. I'm sure they are fielding multiple offers. The player makes the decision, not the team.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Players like him who are getting multiple offers to their agent can take their time and see who makes the best offer. When posters don't hear anything, they jump to the concusion nothing is happening. I'm sure they are fielding multiple offers. The player makes the decision, not the team.

This. And luckily with Tretter, I don't believe money is the only motivation. He is form NY, and went to Cornell. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go play for NY or NJ. 
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:22 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: I'll take what that joke of a FO has to say and leak with less than a grain of salt. 

Thats certainly your right, but its a rumor thats out there and I'm sure teams will research it before handing over a big contract. Personally I'm not going to get my hopes up on signing him. I'm all in on Collins now.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:33 AM)Schmitbuck Wrote: Thats certainly your right, but its a rumor thats out there and I'm sure teams will research it before handing over a big contract. Personally I'm not going to get my hopes up on signing him.

I wouldn't either.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:30 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: This. And luckily with Tretter, I don't believe money is the only motivation. He is form NY, and went to Cornell. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go play for NY or NJ. 

You mean you wouldn’t be shocked if he played for NJ or NJ. New Jersey has two teams. Although right now, nobody wants to admit that.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 10:35 AM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: You mean you wouldn’t be shocked if he played for NJ or NJ. New Jersey has two teams. Although right now, nobody wants to admit that.

I'm just speaking of the NYG and NYJ. lol

Reply/Quote
I'm holding out hope until it's announced he's signed somewhere.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
If Bengals are really considering Karras their new Center, I doubt Tretter is being heavily considered.
There are some OGs still on the market, but I'm not seeing many "great" options left.
If Pollack wants a "glass eater" at LG, Flowers might be about the best of the bunch.
He's on the lower side when it comes to athleticism though.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
A lot of the guys over 30 have not been snatched up. Armstead is out there.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 11:49 AM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: A lot of the guys over 30 have not been snatched up. Armstead is out there.

We all know why that is though. Once Watson lands on a new team, and Armstead decides what he's gonna do, I think we'll see a lot of dominoes fall
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 12:14 PM)Esc33 Wrote: We all know why that is though. Once Watson lands on a new team, and Armstead decides what he's gonna do, I think we'll see a lot of dominoes fall

True. But not just Armstead.  Teams are reluctant to give out big contracts to guys over 30 (Bills aside). Gilmore, Bobby Wagner, Ingram, Gronk, Armstead, Tretter. Those guys have to be in the top 10 left. All over 30. That is not a coincidence. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: True. But not just Armstead.  Teams are reluctant to give out big contracts to guys over 30 (Bills aside). Gilmore, Bobby Wagner, Ingram, Gronk, Armstead, Tretter. Those guys have to be in the top 10 left. All over 30. That is not a coincidence. 

Gronk is going back to Tampa, he is just going to wait to sign so he doesn't have to participate in OTAs and such. 

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:25 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Gronk is going back to Tampa, he is just going to wait to sign so he doesn't have to participate in OTAs and such. 

Well if that's the attitude he's coming in with, he wouldn't fit in here anyway.
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:47 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Well if that's the attitude he's coming in with, he wouldn't fit in here anyway.

Lol, riiight... guy already knows the offense, and it's a way to preserve his body and keep it healthy. Also I am pretty positive Brady doesn't do OTAs, so what's the point? To be rah rah?

Just think of it like when Whit would get multiple veteran rest days here.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:22 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: True. But not just Armstead.  Teams are reluctant to give out big contracts to guys over 30 (Bills aside). Gilmore, Bobby Wagner, Ingram, Gronk, Armstead, Tretter. Those guys have to be in the top 10 left. All over 30. That is not a coincidence. 

And the others? The point still stands. 
Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 01:59 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Lol, riiight... guy already knows the offense, and it's a way to preserve his body and keep it healthy. Also I am pretty positive Brady doesn't do OTAs, so what's the point? To be rah rah?

Just think of it like when Whit would get multiple veteran rest days here.

I was talking about if he came here and decided to sit out OTA's
Reply/Quote
It seems the Bengals are feeling set at center and perhaps may not be pursuing Tretter.

Quote:During a Friday news conference, head coach Zac Taylor announced that Hopkins was being cut. Taylor also confirmed that the newly-signed Ted Karras is the team’s starting center.

https://www.cincyjungle.com/2022/3/18/22983458/bengals-trey-hopkins-ted-karras-patriots-news-nfl-free-agents-2022

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(03-18-2022, 09:30 AM)Bengalpool Wrote: This. And luckily with Tretter, I don't believe money is the only motivation. He is form NY, and went to Cornell. Wouldn't be shocked to see him go play for NY or NJ. 

Money would be a non motivating factor for a player to give up over 50% of his earned income to play n NY or NJ due to state and city taxes.

The NJ teams would have to pay him 30% more than teams in Texas, Florida and other states.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
If teams aren't beating down the doors for Tretter, or even bringing him in for a visit, why not sign him for 4m. I know we overrate free agents, but the Cleveland line was good, I no longer think he's going to break the bank. Hell he could be a depth signing if he stays on the market any longer.

I will say maybe he burned some bridges being a NFLPA rep. He is the reason the Browns didn't practice in OTA's the last couple years. He pressured the players as the NFLP rep to stay away. Maybe teams are holding that against him.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2022, 01:54 PM)jj22 Wrote: If teams aren't beating down the doors for Tretter, or even bringing him in for a visit, why not sign him for 4m. I know we overrate free agents, but the Cleveland line was good, I no longer think he's going to break the bank. Hell he could be a depth signing if he stays on the market any longer.

I will say maybe he burned some bridges being a NFLPA rep. He is the reason the Browns didn't practice in OTA's the last couple years. He pressured the players as the NFLP rep to stay away. Maybe teams are holding that against him.

Hadn't thought about that.  Seems likely.
Reply/Quote