Other
1.44%
2 1.44%
Total 139 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chargers Game Ball
Andy has played some good ball lately which surprises the shit out of me. Andy got last week's and Gio gets this one narrowly. Or maybe Andy again. Wink
Reply/Quote
Gotta give it to Gio. Dalton played good, but Gio played better. If Dalton wouldn't have had a couple of bad throws it would have been easily him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 06:10 PM)bengalsfan73 Wrote: I have to give it to Andy because he was very solid for the second week in a row. Yes he missed a couple of throws but he knew when to throw the ball away to avoid being sacked again for the second straight week. If he continues to play like this our team has a ton of potential this year. Eifert is becoming unstoppable in the red zone. How we missed him last year. Gio was great today as well with a solid rushing attack to backup Jeremy when he went out and never came back in. As for Rey I understand why he really is on here because of the game saving interception at the end, but not to take anything against him, I saw a lot of missed tackles from him today. I know a lot of people will probably be upset at me for saying that but in order for him to be consistent he has got to stop getting turned inside out on easy tackles. He is a key part of our linebacking core until Burfict gets back and he needs to play solid every game. With that being said he played a good game. However my question for the entire game was what happened to AJ Hawk because I honestly do not remember seeing him play very much if any. Did I miss him being injured before the game started. And one last point is Nugent scares me because he just seems to me that he is not comfortable from 30-45 yards kicking and that is a big worry for me because that is going to hurt on extra points and key field goals later in the year. I know it is only the second game but he has got to step it up. He is paid to make those type of field goals and if he continues to miss them we are going to be hurting in close games. With that all being said overall we look good and we are still leading the North. Who Dey

As jfk pointed out to me in the chat.....we were in nickel most of the day....hence no Hawk.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Andy and it's not even close.

Imagine if he wasn't overthrowing guys in the start of that second half.
Reply/Quote
I voted for Gio.
Reply/Quote
GIO by a landslide. I didn't expect this much out of GIO for the season much less the first two weeks.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 05:47 PM)Beaker Wrote: Atkins.

He was collapsing the pocket all day. He got credit for one sack, but should have had at least 2 more half sacks. Plus his pressure resulted in both Gilberry's sack and Dunlap's sack. And, he really got pressure when it counted. I was terrified when I saw him on the ground.

This. Sometimes when a D-Lineman dominates a game, he doesn't necessarily fill up the stat sheet, but really makes everybody else's performance possible. This was one of those games.
Reply/Quote
Had to go with Geno. The guy causes so much chaos. Makes the defense so much better. It is hard enough in the modern day NFL to play D because they get flagged for everything.
Reply/Quote
I gave it to Andy. Great game management, bailed out on a couple of throws that in years past he might have tried to force in to a small window, and that TD pass to Jones was a thing of beauty. Honorable mention to Gio. Too bad that TD scamper of his was negated by a penalty.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Red Ripper with Gio as a close second. Those 3 TD's were great throws. If GIo would've got to the end zone he would get the game ball.
Reply/Quote
Andy Dalton for me.

Those Touchdown throws were right on point, all 3. We scored TD's early when SD scored FGs.
[Image: Sig.jpg]
Reply/Quote
If the game was only 1 half long, I'd give it to Andy. He was great in the first half.

But in the second half, he missed several wide open receivers and probably cost us at least 7 to 11 points.

But Gio really won this game for us. He was unstoppable and he made us all forget how bad Jeremy played.

Runner up is Atkins, because he single handedly makes our defense run by allowing the defense to only rush 4 and still get insane pressure on the QB.
Reply/Quote
Gio and his attitude running the ball today.  I was pleasantly surprised. I too like others have mentioned was beginning to being worried for his role on the team.

I was one who felt that Hue was too quick at pulling the trigger on benching a player like that of Hill's caliber.

Congrats to Gio for not only stepping in...  but for stepping up. 

Hope this lights a fire and sparks a healthy competition between Hill and himself.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
I voted for Gio. As good as Andy played, and he played very well, Gio seemingly jump-started the offense after Hill's turnovers.

Geno also had a monster game! I swear, at times, that man was straight up unblockable!
[Image: n881eg.png]
Reply/Quote
Game ball goes to Vinny for the clincher, but the best two players were Geno and Gio.
Reply/Quote
Gio.

He basically ran like a man possessed all day. Became "the man" when the team needed him. Was humble, grateful, and praising of his offensive line and TEs for their work all day in the press conference.

I absolutely love the balance this team is beginning to show on offense. Marvin got involved deep (AJ and Eifert drew all the attention underneath...a thing of beauty dropping right in to his hands), Eifert contributed. Gio dominated.

If I had to nitpick, I wish we would see more of Burkhead as Andy's safety valve in the slot. I just don't see Sanu getting much separation. Also, I would love to see Kroft get a few targets and see if we can't get two TEs involved in the gameplan. The pass play to Fisher was awesome. Totally fooled them.
Reply/Quote
I understand gio was playing fantastic but Andy has been playing like a stud. He dont look so scared in the pocket and has made great decisions thusfar.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 08:39 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: If the game was only 1 half long, I'd give it to Andy. He was great in the first half.

But in the second half, he missed several wide open receivers and probably cost us at least 7 to 11 points.

But Gio really won this game for us. He was unstoppable and he made us all forget how bad Jeremy played.

Runner up is Atkins, because he single handedly makes our defense run by allowing the defense to only rush 4 and still get insane pressure on the QB.

I put that on Hue. 
His second half play-calling was classic Marvin Lewis with a lead.

Dalton wasn't good, but it's hard to be good when you are a rhythm passer and your OC abandons the pass except for a few deep chucks. 
Andy thrives when we can set up easy completions and get his confidence up. He was cooking then Hue just went full Bratkowski. 
Goalline playcalling was some of the worst I had seen.

That said, Geno was the best player on either team today. Utter domination from start to finish. 
He won the game. if the play took over 2 seconds to develop, Geno ruined it. 
Hell, Geno ruined every run play the first half but our OLB couldn't maintain gap discipline and fill a freaking gap. 
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:44 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: That said, Geno was the best player on either team today. Utter domination from start to finish. 
He won the game. if the play took over 2 seconds to develop, Geno ruined it. 
Hell, Geno ruined every run play the first half but our OLB couldn't maintain gap discipline and fill a freaking gap. 

There was one play where he was so quick off the snap, he bullrushed the LG straight back so far, he created a huge hole for the running back. I can't wait to rewatch that.

He was simply unreal today.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2015, 09:53 PM)Stormborn Wrote: There was one play where he was so quick off the snap, he bullrushed the LG straight back so far, he created a huge hole for the running back. I can't wait to rewatch that.

He was simply unreal today.

Quite literally unstoppable. 

The LBs and Reggie should brace for a lashing at film review tomorrow. So many bad angles and poor gap discipline. 
Reply/Quote