Beats me
23.21%
13 23.21%
Total 56 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chargers Game Prediction Thread
Enough basking in the glow of the Stealer win! There's a game Sunday against the team just two spots behind us in the playoff seeding, and there are many teams waiting in the wings to take either our or their spot. With so much on the line, how do you see this game shaking out? A third win in a row or a post-Pissburgh let-down?

This will prove to be much tougher game than the last two. I still believe we win, but man, it's gonna be a nail-biter. I'll say the self-anointed 'Money Mac' wins it at the gun.

The 'they have never left their city of origin' Bengals 27
The Los Angeles/San Diego/Los Angeles yet again Chargers 24

What say you?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
34-23 Bengals we got this
Reply/Quote
Close one.

Bengals edge out the Chargers 27 - 24 with a walk off 45+ yard field goal.

Chase gets back in the mix with a 100 yard game and 2 TDs as the Chargers stack the box in am attempt to stop Mixon.
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 12:18 PM)motoarch Wrote: Close one.

Bengals edge out the Chargers 27 - 24 with a walk off 45+ yard field goal.

Chase gets back in the mix with a 100 yard game and 2 TDs as the Chargers stack the box in am attempt to stop Mixon.

If they don't, Mixon will feast again. Aren't they pretty bad against the run?

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They've already experienced the infernal Let Down Game this season, so I have to hope that they will at least be in the right mindset. That doesn't necessarily mean the Bengals will win, because the Chargers are plenty capable. They just have to keep the mojo flowing. Home field might mean something given the travel distance and that it's their second road game in a row. If I just look at the game at the most basic level though, I feel pretty decent about it.

- Good, but inconsistent offense (Bengals) versus terrible defense, particularly against the run (Chargers)
- Good, but inconsistent offense (Chargers) versus good, but inconsistent defense (Bengals)

That should be an edge to the Bengals. Add home field and it's gravy. Of course if predicting NFL games were this easy I would be a much wealthier man.

Bengals 30
Chargers 23
Reply/Quote
Chargers: A number
Bengals: Another number

Winner: Depends on what those two numbers are.

In theory, the Bengals should have the edge. It's in Cincinnati, it's at 1pm, so the Chargers are traveling (after traveling last week as well) and are playing 3 hours earlier than they typically do. On top of that, it's getting closer to winter, so the weather will be a factor in our favor as well.

We have a better defense than them and our offenses are pretty much the same in terms of their upside and consistency (high upside, low consistency). They are not good at running the ball and our defense is good at stopping the run, whereas we are good at running the ball and their defense is bad at stopping the run.

The way I see it, if the Bengals play mistake free football, we should win, but predicting any game in the NFL this year is foolish. I consider this game a coin flip, it all depends on who shows up.
Reply/Quote
Let’s give Mixon around 20 carries and Perine about 10 and try to not put big workloads every game. Need him to stay fresh
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 12:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: If they don't, Mixon will feast again. Aren't they pretty bad against the run?

They're currently 32nd in rushing yards allowed and 28th in rushing TDs allowed.

Feast indeed ThumbsUp
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I think we win a close one. Their D could get some real pressure on Burrow. Think it’ll be somewhat low scoring. I’ll say Bengals 24-17, not sure if that qualifies as low or not but I don’t think we see a shootout even with the firepower both teams have. Nothing would surprise me with this team though. Could blow them out or get crushed lol
Reply/Quote
Both teams are inconsistent so it’s a coin flip
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 12:23 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: If they don't, Mixon will feast again. Aren't they pretty bad against the run?

Dead last against it I believe...
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 12:32 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Chargers: A number
Bengals: Another number

Winner: Depends on what those two numbers are.

In theory, the Bengals should have the edge. It's in Cincinnati, it's at 1pm, so the Chargers are traveling (after traveling last week as well) and are playing 3 hours earlier than they typically do. On top of that, it's getting closer to winter, so the weather will be a factor in our favor as well.

We have a better defense than them and our offenses are pretty much the same in terms of their upside and consistency (high upside, low consistency). They are not good at running the ball and our defense is good at stopping the run, whereas we are good at running the ball and their defense is bad at stopping the run.

The way I see it, if the Bengals play mistake free football, we should win, but predicting any game in the NFL this year is foolish. I consider this game a coin flip, it all depends on who shows up.

They arent great in the running game, but Austin Ekeler is a fantastic receiver... Michael Carter and the Jets gave our defense fits, so I hope they've cleaned that up. I feel like we win in a close one. The home field pulls us through.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I like the matchup for the Bengals and wouldn't be surprised if the win by a couple of scores. Really need to get this one because I don't like the matchup next week.
Reply/Quote
I think the Chargers will be ready to win. So will the Bengals. I see a tough fought game coming down to a field goal at the end. Bengals 24 Chargers 21
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
The Chargers defense let the Steelers put up 27 in a quarter… what?! We win big!

Cinci 45
Chargers 29
Reply/Quote
If the Bengals, Bills and Steelers all win...the Bengals will move into the #1 spot.
Reply/Quote
I voted Bengals win but was very tempted to say "Beats me."

I decided to lean toward Bengals because of the emphasis in the run game after the bye and how bad the Chargers have been against the run.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-30-2021, 05:44 PM)ochocincos Wrote: I voted Bengals win but was very tempted to say "Beats me."

I decided to lean toward Bengals because of the emphasis in the run game after the bye and how bad the Chargers have been against the run.

Yeah, they've been terrible against the run...140+ 7 times this year and 176+ 5 times. They've also allowed the 4th most ppg. 
Reply/Quote
I think Cincinnati will win, but the Chargers have a very dangerous offense. Ekeler is one of the best backs in the league (5.8 yards per touch and 14 TDs) and could really cause some matchup problems on our LBers. Mike Williams and Keenan Allen on the outside, Herbert is playing well. Strong offensive line. The Bengals are better on defense but not as good on offense.

The defense will have their work cut out for them.
Reply/Quote
I could see this game going either way. It depends on which version of each team shows up. if the team that shows up is the one that beat the stillers last Sunday the Bengals will win. We just cant have the team that showed up for the Jets, Bears, or Browns show up.

Bengals 24
San Diego Super Chargers 21
Reply/Quote