Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Charlie Jones
I'd like to see him have the opportunity to get some reps on offense. I wonder what's holding him back?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2023, 03:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody got any thoughts on Charlie Jones?

He has a thread on this board with his name on it..Life is looking up for him. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-16-2023, 06:02 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Chuck sizzle is back.

not much sizzle last nite, lets see what rest of season holds for him
Reply/Quote
Who has the inside scoop on why he isn't seeing the reps at WR? I know he missed time with the injury but that didn't cost him playing time as the PR.

Is it because Boyd is the primary slot WR? Chase fulfills the role on some plays. Is it that simple why no WR reps for Jones? He was billed as a guy who runs crisp routes with enough speed to make it in the NFL. I thought we'd see him get some action by now.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Who has the inside scoop on why he isn't seeing the reps at WR? I know he missed time with the injury but that didn't cost him playing time as the PR.

Is it because Boyd is the primary slot WR? Chase fulfills the role on some plays. Is it that simple why no WR reps for Jones? He was billed as a guy who runs crisp routes with enough speed to make it in the NFL.  I thought we'd see him get some action by now.

He hasn't had much opportunity yet.  Irwin, Boyd, and Iosivas are getting the available reps.

But they're not afraid to put the ball in Chuck's hands in overtime.  With game on the line Jones ripped off an 11 yard punt return, vs the Jags, knifing through traffic and out of bounds untouched.
Few plays later, Bengals kick the winning FG.

Jones also had a terrific play where he went around his back with the ball and handed it to the ref, earlier in the game.  Sizzle.
Reply/Quote
Did anyone else besides me think this was about the old-time football announcer Charlie Jones? He always seemed like a game show host.
Reply/Quote
(11-27-2023, 02:29 PM)TecmoBengals Wrote: Who has the inside scoop on why he isn't seeing the reps at WR? I know he missed time with the injury but that didn't cost him playing time as the PR.

Is it because Boyd is the primary slot WR? Chase fulfills the role on some plays. Is it that simple why no WR reps for Jones? He was billed as a guy who runs crisp routes with enough speed to make it in the NFL.  I thought we'd see him get some action by now.

Because of the stable of WR's in front of him. Who are you going to take off the field to give him more reps? Chase? Higgins? Boyd? Irwin? (some will say maybe give him some of Trenton's, but he's earned his reps as well). The fact he hasn't made the field as a WR yet is a GOOD thing. It's his rookie year, let him return punts for a while, and if someone gets injured, he will get his chance.
Reply/Quote