Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Chase Brown can easily be our Isiah Pacheco
The Chiefs found a gem in Pacheco in last year's draft (7th Round out of Rutgers).

Chase Brown had a much better college career at a bigger school vs better competition.

Both are burners. Pacheco is 5'10, 216 and Brown is 5'10, 212.

Pacheco carries the load for KC, I would like to see Brown get more and more looks each game.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:07 PM)casear2727 Wrote: The Chiefs found a gem in Pacheco in last year's draft (7th Round out of Rutgers).

Chase Brown had a much better college career at a bigger school vs better competition.

Both are burners.  Pacheco is 5'10, 216 and Brown is 5'10, 212.

Pacheco carries the load for KC, I would like to see Brown get more and more looks each game.

Agree, this is what I was hoping for. I thought it was unfair judging Chase Brown in the preseason with backup OL in front of him.

He had some holes with the starters last night and you could see that burst and speed that we have been missing at RB. Brown also
has good balance and hands. I just hope he can be secure with the ball the rest of the season so we can see as much of him as possible.
Reply/Quote
it is one game and nine carries, I would need to see more of Brown especially running between tackles, Pacheco has impressed me with his hard nose running between tackles, I am happy for what Brown showed in limited time but one game and 9 carries does not put him with Pacheco .. lets see how rest of year goes to get a much better comparison
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I think everyone is looking for his role to expand.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it is one game and nine carries, I would need to see more of Brown especially running between tackles, Pacheco has impressed me with his hard nose running between tackles, I am happy for what Brown showed in limited time but one game and 9 carries does not put him with Pacheco .. lets see how rest of year goes to get a much better comparison

I watched both in college, they have similar run styles.  Pacheco has seemed to be even more aggressive this year and I can see Chase following the same path. 

Reply/Quote
You sure it isn't Chris Evans you're thinking of? Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I watched both in college, they have similar run styles.  Pacheco has seemed to be even more aggressive this year and I can see Chase following the same path. 

Interesting, I never watched Pacheco in college. I saw a little of Chase Brown, but not a whole lot either. If we can get that kind of production out of him, that's a late round steal.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:35 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I watched both in college, they have similar run styles.  Pacheco has seemed to be even more aggressive this year and I can see Chase following the same path. 

Pacheco runs so hard with the Chiefs. He is the one guy I always come away impressed with when watching them besides Chris Jones
on their Defense. I never watched Pacheco in college, I watched quite a bit of Chase Brown and can understand the comparison and 
both were not early picks. If Chase Brown runs as hard as Pacheco we will have something.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: You sure it isn't Chris Evans you're thinking of? Ninja

If we are talking about certain poster's eye test...

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:23 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: it is one game and nine carries, I would need to see more of Brown especially running between tackles, Pacheco has impressed me with his hard nose running between tackles, I am happy for what Brown showed in limited time but one game and 9 carries does not put him with Pacheco .. lets see how rest of year goes to get a much better comparison

I totally get this analysis. On the flip side though, it's time to get the younguns some PT and see how they progress. Mathematically, we're still in the race, but it's admittedly an uphill climb. I personally like that the coaches are going young here and there. Only make us better in the long run.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: I totally get this analysis. On the flip side though, it's time to get the younguns some PT and see how they progress. Mathematically, we're still in the race, but it's admittedly an uphill climb. I personally like that the coaches are going young here and there. Only make us better in the long run.

No doubt. We need speed on the field.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:50 PM)Wyche Wrote: I totally get this analysis. On the flip side though, it's time to get the younguns some PT and see how they progress. Mathematically, we're still in the race, but it's admittedly an uphill climb. I personally like that the coaches are going young here and there. Only make us better in the long run.

Ivey had 3 snaps on defense
Murphy had 12
Battle 66
Jones only had 1 snap
Yoshi 7
Brown 11

Other notables:
Ossai 8
Scott 9

Reply/Quote
Zac just needs to let go of his outdated workhorse RB philosophy. It took to week 12 to get somewhat of a look at Chase Brown, and we should have saw more from him over the course of the year. We'd really know what we had in him by now going into 2024.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
C. Brown averaged 6.7 YPC last night, that's hard to sneeze at. I'm sure hoping he starts getting like half the RB touches going forward, see what he's got?

We already know what Mixon is. And perhaps Mixon will even kick it up a notch seeing the kid balling?
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac just needs to let go of his outdated workhorse RB philosophy. It took to week 12 to get somewhat of a look at Chase Brown, and we should have saw more from him over the course of the year. We'd really know what we had in him by now going into 2024.

Well, he was on IR for a bit. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: C. Brown averaged 6.7 YPC last night, that's hard to sneeze at. I'm sure hoping he starts getting like half the RB touches going forward, see what he's got?

We already know what Mixon is. And perhaps Mixon will even kick it up a notch seeing the kid balling?

It's a good 1-2 punch. Brown with the speed, Mixon running pissed off between the tackles.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:56 PM)jj22 Wrote: Zac just needs to let go of his outdated workhorse RB philosophy. It took to week 12 to get somewhat of a look at Chase Brown, and we should have saw more from him over the course of the year. We'd really know what we had in him by now going into 2024.

To be fair, Chase Brown was injured for over half the season.

(12-05-2023, 02:57 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: C. Brown averaged 6.7 YPC last night, that's hard to sneeze at. I'm sure hoping he starts getting like half the RB touches going forward, see what he's got?

I thought I saw Mixon running harder last night and perhaps this was because of Chase Brown running well.

Loved how Mixon fought on that first TD run.
Reply/Quote
Having Brown motivates Mixon to work hard, maybe using Browning more when Burrow is back will motivate him when Burrow's reach that point of boredom/lack of motivation, if ever.
Reply/Quote
Chase Brown could and should be better than Pacheko. Pacheko isn't good.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 03:27 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Chase Brown could and should be better than Pacheko. Pacheko isn't good.

Pacheco is 5th in the NFL in yards. He won a Super Bowl on a team with no Wide Receivers.   He is a good back.  

Reply/Quote