Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase & Chase offense moving forward.
(12-05-2023, 04:20 AM)NotBigzo Wrote: Assuming Zac "gets around" to calling plays for him when Burrow returns.

Maybe,

Or Joe doesn't check out of them..... Mellow

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 04:23 AM)casear2727 Wrote: It is obvious Jake does extremely well with a solid run game, perhaps we create a new identity the last few weeks of the season that we can carry into next season?

Or Zac continues to ignore the run game and creates trick plays that have Ted Karras doing a throwback pass to Tyler Boyd?

Please no more slow developing trick plays and more of a more balanced attack. 

If Jake continues playing like this he will bring a nice draft pick or two in trade. 

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
I believe they are now 4-0 on the season when Ja’Marr has 10 or more receptions in a game. Seems to be a pretty obvious recipe for success.

Reply/Quote
Speed Kills !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:35 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Imagine Jake Browning taking us to the playoffs and winning us the Super Bowl. 

If that happened, then the question that would come up is "Did we overpay?"
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 09:35 AM)Interceptor Wrote: If that happened, then the question that would come up is "Did we overpay?"

It's been only 1 game, but I think that question will always be here (?). Like that huge contract took away what, Tee? A couple more OL?

Jake makes 1/60th the amount Burrow makes I think, it's like Burrow is CEO. Burrow has taken them to the SB and AFC-C back to back, he's the man. But I wouldn't mind Browning pulling a Warner. Burrow is used to being benched and in the backseat (no fault of his own right now), but he'd come back next year like a monster I think.

I don't think Burrow even thought Browning would have that game lol, maybe only Browning did? It feels like Browning is pushing the ball more, why on earth wouldn't we have had Burrow do that? Were we protecting him from injury all year?

The only standout bad play Browning had was holding the ball on that 4th and 3, otherwise he missed a TD or two but seemed to pitch a perfect game.

Didn't Flacco win the Super Bowl and get a 100M contract, and never do anything again? Or Andy becoming the 100 million dollar man. I think Burrow's contract tries to guarantee a superbowl win in a sport there are no guarantees.

Jake does this shit again next game I'm gonna need a 6 jersey. He's only going to get better when he gets more timing with Tee.
Reply/Quote
The speed difference that Chase Brown brings to the table is NOTICABLE. I am so glad they are giving this guy reps finally. It should have happened sooner.

Really liking the one two punch of him and Mixon right now.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
I for one want to see a lot more of Chase Brown. He did more with his limited carries last night than I have seen in a minute. Use Mixon more for short yardage and securing the win. He had a good game last night, but it is beyond apparent to me now that a game like that is his ceiling anymore. He is not explosive at all, and if he ever does break one it is either due to a massive defensive let down or the line opens a hole that a semi can drive thru. Or even a a very rare screen that works.

Jamar Chase should always be a focal point in the offense. He is too much of a game changer to not be
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:21 AM)WeezyBengal Wrote: The speed difference that Chase Brown brings to the table is NOTICABLE. I am so glad they are giving this guy reps finally. It should have happened sooner.

Really liking the one two punch of him and Mixon right now.

This

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 07:03 AM)Go Cards Wrote: Please no more slow developing trick plays and more of a more balanced attack. 

If Jake continues playing like this he will bring a nice draft pick or two in trade. 

And If this continues , I am seeing Jake replacing "Jake from State Farm" in those Mahomes commercials
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:32 AM)Wyche Wrote: Absolutely. I like the thunder/lightning duo in the run game. 

Not to mention how splitting the load kept Mixon fresher and able to be explosive in the passing game.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Chase Brown showed some seriously needed speed and JaMarr Chase is simply very good.  We might have something moving forward.

Which one should be the featured back, and which should be the 3rd down/change of pace back?  (I've already made my choice)

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 10:28 AM)Millhouse Wrote: I for one want to see  a lot more of Chase Brown. He did more with his limited carries last night than I have seen in a minute. Use Mixon more for short yardage and securing the win. He had a good game last night, but it is beyond apparent to me now that a game like that is his ceiling anymore. He is not explosive at all, and if he ever does break one it is either due to a massive defensive let down or the line opens a hole that a semi can drive thru. Or even a a very rare screen that works.

Jamar Chase should always be a focal point in the offense. He is too much of a game changer to not be

Yep, all of a sudden, those pitch plays don't look so bad with 30 running them. He's got the speed. Pretty good vision last night too. Having him back off IR could be big down the stretch.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to mention how splitting the load kept Mixon fresher and able to be explosive in the passing game.

Absolutely

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:23 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Which one should be the featured back, and which should be the 3rd down/change of pace back?  (I've already made my choice)

I would be easy to say Mixon as featured and Chase as the change of pace on 3rd, but... Mixon has exceptional hands and they likely trust him more on 3rd downs.  Mixon on short yardage likely as well.

Reply/Quote
Chase Brown showed what a faster RB can do in the offense.
6.8 YPC sure is nice.

Time to get the guy more opportunities through the rest of the season.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 12:49 PM)casear2727 Wrote: I would be easy to say Mixon as featured and Chase as the change of pace on 3rd, but... Mixon has exceptional hands and they likely trust him more on 3rd downs.  Mixon on short yardage likely as well.

I was thinking the opposite.  I would like to see Brown as the featured back and Mixon hang around for a year or two as the 3rd down/change of pace guy.  With Mixon having some years on him, reducing his work load could help maximize his efficiency and his years of experience could benefit him as a blocker on critical 3rd downs.  I would want Brown as the primary ball carrier because he hits the hole so quickly and if someone misses a tackle an 8 yard gain could turn into 30 real quick.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 11:20 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Not to mention how splitting the load kept Mixon fresher and able to be explosive in the passing game.

Mixon really seemed to be giving maximum effort, trying to keep going forward even though wrapped up by multiple defenders. And he really should have been given that TD. It sure seemed like he'd crossed the goal line. That the refs put the ball all the way back to the 1 yard line was kind of ridiculous.
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: Mixon really seemed to be giving maximum effort, trying to keep going forward even though wrapped up by multiple defenders. And he really should have been given that TD. It sure seemed like he'd crossed the goal line. That the refs put the ball all the way back to the 1 yard line was kind of ridiculous.

Agreed, from the replay is sure looked like he was in, and that ball placement was quite unfavorable.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote