Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chase & Chase offense moving forward.
(12-05-2023, 01:08 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I was thinking the opposite.  I would like to see Brown as the featured back and Mixon hang around for a year or two as the 3rd down/change of pace guy.  With Mixon having some years on him, reducing his work load could help maximize his efficiency and his years of experience could benefit him as a blocker on critical 3rd downs.  I would want Brown as the primary ball carrier because he hits the hole so quickly and if someone misses a tackle an 8 yard gain could turn into 30 real quick.

We actually agree, I simply didnt word it very well.  I was implying that usually the change of pace back is the speedy guy, but Mixon is more trusted with better hands on 3rd downs.  Not sure how he would go for it...?

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: Mixon really seemed to be giving maximum effort, trying to keep going forward even though wrapped up by multiple defenders. And he really should have been given that TD. It sure seemed like he'd crossed the goal line. That the refs put the ball all the way back to the 1 yard line was kind of ridiculous.

His most impressive run was the one in which he spun out of a tackle after 4 yards or so and made the 1st down, or was very close, I think I complained about that spot.  But tons of effort.

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:14 PM)casear2727 Wrote: We actually agree, I simply didnt word it very well.  I was implying that usually the change of pace back is the speedy guy, but Mixon is more trusted with better hands on 3rd downs.  Not sure how he would go for it...?

Considering he accepted the recent pay reduction without much of a flinch, I would think that he would be conducive to the idea of extending his career and maximizing his output in a reduced capacity.  (but that's just my view of the situation)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Chase Brown showed some seriously needed speed and JaMarr Chase is simply very good. We might have something moving forward.

I think Brown had few nices runs and is a good compliment with Mixon, I could see him more on 1st and 3rd downs with medium down and distance, but Mixon is the Punisher for short yards and more on pure pass downs ..
Reply/Quote
I think Chase Brown and Tanner Hudson could be,should be,more involved is this Offense moving forward.We just put the league on notice.
The Bengals are back!
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:31 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: I think Chase Brown and Tanner Hudson could be,should be,more involved is this Offense moving forward.We just put the league on notice.
The Bengals are back!

Im afraid Tanner is the anti-Stanley Morgan.  He is only in on passing plays and that is a huge tell for defenses.  He must improve his blocking, Casey came real close to saying that it wasn't acceptable a few weeks ago.

We must feed Brown, he has Pacheco written all over him. 

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:08 PM)Nepa Wrote: Mixon really seemed to be giving maximum effort, trying to keep going forward even though wrapped up by multiple defenders. And he really should have been given that TD. It sure seemed like he'd crossed the goal line. That the refs put the ball all the way back to the 1 yard line was kind of ridiculous.

The play where he spun his body around to get the first, breaking tackles along the way, was pure art. He played his ass off, I've not questioned his effort, just some of the skill. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 01:16 PM)casear2727 Wrote: His most impressive run was the one in which he spun out of a tackle after 4 yards or so and made the 1st down, or was very close, I think I complained about that spot.  But tons of effort.

Yes, that's the play I was referring to. That was ALL effort.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(12-05-2023, 02:15 AM)casear2727 Wrote: Chase Brown showed some seriously needed speed and JaMarr Chase is simply very good.  We might have something moving forward.

This is what I have been wanting to see all season, too bad Chase Brown has been injured. He shown last night why I always liked 
him and thought he would be the perfect fit in our Offense. Mixon played good last night too and the OL actually opened up some 
holes against a very good run Defense. Mixon keeping his balance on the first TD run was great to see.

Ja'Marr like always is simply one of if not the best WR's in the NFL. Saved Browning on his one inaccurate pass of the night.

Mad respect to Jake Browning, he was accurate last night besides the 1 Chase throw.
Reply/Quote
It feels so good to have a 1-2 punch again. Chase Brown has really rejuvenated this offense, he reminds me so much of Gio. Dude is legit
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Seems to be faster than Gio and bigger... don't quote me on the body stats lol

Nice to see that we hit on RB. Still room to see next year maybe if he can handle being the primary.
[Image: 1500x500]
Reply/Quote
Chase and the OL. Mixon having more success as well. No sacks and few hurries just helps the rhythm. The offensive staff and OL have really balled out.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:20 PM)Trademark Wrote: It feels so good to have a 1-2 punch again. Chase Brown has really rejuvenated this offense, he reminds me so much of Gio. Dude is legit

Yes he has

And he's lit a fire under Mixon's arse. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:51 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Yes he has

And he's lit a fire under Mixon's arse. 

Hopefully the two dudes compete and motivate each other to take us into the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
I think the whole offense, especially RBs and OL is benefiting from not doing every single snap out of the gun. It's been talked about many times how limiting and predictable it makes your offense and especially run game.
Reply/Quote
Yes really like the look of this kid and Joe running the ball. And catching of course.
Reply/Quote
He has a James Brooks style. That’s going to boost any offense.
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 07:20 PM)Trademark Wrote: It feels so good to have a 1-2 punch again. Chase Brown has really rejuvenated this offense, he reminds me so much of Gio. Dude is legit

Nice yes but it sure feels browning has done that last 2 games
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think the whole offense,  especially RBs and OL is benefiting from not doing every single snap out of the gun. It's been talked about many times how limiting and predictable it makes your offense and especially run game.

Yes!! Defenses talk about making the other team one dimensional, and we had been doing it to ourselves. O-line is still are not glass eaters ( whatever the hell that was supposed to be about ) and you scheme to your strengths and away from your weaknesses. 
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-10-2023, 08:03 PM)TheFan Wrote: I think the whole offense,  especially RBs and OL is benefiting from not doing every single snap out of the gun. It's been talked about many times how limiting and predictable it makes your offense and especially run game.

Exactly !!

I sure hope Joe Burrow is taking notes on this style offense.
Reply/Quote