Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chewbacca mom accused of white privilege
(06-23-2016, 12:00 PM)bfine32 Wrote: This may have merit if I were the one that kept bring up things from other threads. Short of that, unlike your head, you have no point.

I have a point. You can't use words incorrectly and then expects others to take you seriously when you complain about others using words incorrectly. It doesn't really matter which one of you brought it up first in this thread. 
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-23-2016, 12:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: FYI, misrepresenting my point only makes it seem as if YOU have no real argument. I've said white privilege does not exist because I haven't seen it AND that there hasn't been any evidence of it shown.

Yes, you do, other then it's not a privilege for that group. If every white person doesn't beneift from white privilege, then it truly isn't white privilege. 

I'm not misrepresenting your point. That's what you just argued. It makes no sense. 

Would you agree with this statement: If every black person isn't a victim of institutionalized racism, institutionalized racism doesn't exist. 

(06-23-2016, 01:28 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I have a point. You can't use words incorrectly and then expects others to take you seriously when you complain about others using words incorrectly. It doesn't really matter which one of you brought it up first in this thread. 

Point taken
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Yes, a typo is the same thing as throwing a hissy fit for 12 hours over the fact that you cannot make up a whole new definition for the word "sexuality".

Grow up.

(06-23-2016, 01:38 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Point taken

Is spelling smack an example of attacking the message or the messenger?

Please clarify.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(06-23-2016, 01:40 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Yes, a typo is the same thing as throwing a hissy fit for 12 hours over the fact that you cannot make up a whole new definition for the word "sexuality".

Grow up.

It is the same when the person in question is providing you a lecture on word usage.

I hate it when folks throw "hissy fits" over words.

(06-22-2016, 07:28 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: With White people being a Majority in the US, it shouldn't come as a surprise that they also hold the majority of the top wealth as well, but they do not own it all.

Wow. So are you one of those people who claim slavery was not a problem for blacks because it did not effect 100% of blacks?
(06-22-2016, 12:42 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Is this a case of "black privilege"?
https://www.yahoo.com/sports/news/somehow--bizarre-and-clumsy-handling-of-alabama-players-could-be-justice-001548496-ncaaf.html

"… I want to emphasize once again that the main reason I'm doing this is that I refuse to ruin the lives of two young men who have spent their adolescence and their teenage years, working and sweating, while we were all at home in the air conditioning, to play football,” Jones stated.

No.  That is "football star privilege".  It would apply to both whites and blacks.
(06-23-2016, 01:45 PM)bfine32 Wrote: It is the same when the person in question is providing you a lecture on word usage.

I hate it when folks throw "hissy fits" over words.

making a typo on a phone isn't the same as declaring that you can make up new definitions of words, but this is counter productive.

Itd be nice if we existed in a reality where we could all be genuine with each other here, but alas thats impossible.

(06-22-2016, 06:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If you were an employer and you knew "scientific studies" showed that one applicant was 3 times more likely to commit a violent crime than the other, would that  factor into your decision making?

I would never do that because that is "racial stereotyping" and "discrimination".

I don't judge individuals based on racial stereotypes.

But apparently, based on your question, you think it is acceptable.
(06-23-2016, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  That is "football star privilege".  It would apply to both whites and blacks.

it also reads as someone who is honest and basically said "we couldnt prove x and y, so we arent gonna bother and arent gonna waste time and money"
People suck
(06-23-2016, 02:43 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: making a typo on a phone isn't the same as declaring that you can make up new definitions of words, but this is counter productive.

Itd be nice if we existed in a reality where we could all be genuine with each other here, but alas thats impossible.

you mean we arent supposed to be geniune and truthful here? 

shit i must be doin something wrong then
People suck
(06-22-2016, 10:01 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Of course I would. Most have shown a strong work ethic and ability to work under adverse conditions. What does that have to do with committing violent crime? 

In the earlier 2012 study, 33 percent of a sample of 1,388 Iraq and Afghanistan war veterans had committed at least one act of non-combat-related violence or aggression toward others in the community in the past year. About 11 percent had engaged in severe violence, using a gun or knife or sexual violence against another person.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/09/veterans-ptsd-crime-report_n_1951338.html
(06-23-2016, 12:31 PM)PhilHos Wrote: What direct proof? No one has provided direct proof of white privilege yet. Those aforementioned studies don't prove white privilege; only that there seems to be some racial discrimination going on in hiring. And outside of that, there has been nothing else coming close to evidence.

Racial profiling and discrimination is what creates the white privilege.

How can you not understand such a simple concept?  The white majority which controls a DISPROPORTIONATE majority of the power and wealth in this country benefit from the fact that there is racial discrimination against minorities.  That is a white privilege.
(06-23-2016, 02:44 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I would never do that because that is "racial stereotyping" and "discrimination".

I don't judge individuals based on racial stereotypes.

But apparently, based on your question, you think it is acceptable.

What part of my question leads you to believe this?

(06-23-2016, 02:41 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No.  That is "football star privilege".  It would apply to both whites and blacks.

So now we must look past the race to find the priviledge.

(06-23-2016, 03:46 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So now we must look past the race to find the privilege.

Well if it makes you feel better, if there was idiot privilege, you would benefit from it.
People suck
(06-23-2016, 02:48 PM)Griever Wrote: Well if it makes you feel better, if there was idiot privilege, you would benefit from it.

Ooohhh sick burn

Welcome to the list with Dino.

(06-23-2016, 03:56 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Ooohhh sick burn

Welcome to the list with Dino.

the list where you "wont respond" but technically still do?
People suck
(06-23-2016, 04:00 PM)Griever Wrote: the list where you "wont respond" but technically still do?

The list of folks who call him out for his hypocrisy so he "won't respond" to them any more.

You should have passive-aggressively referred to him as a pinhead so he could respect you more.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.