Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chido Awuzie Appreciation thread
This dude deserves his own thread at this point. What an absolute home run of a signing. He’s arguably been the best player on a defense that includes Hendrickson, Reader, Logan Wilson, and Bates. No wonder we heard about the defense being dominant all TC.

You keep doing you, Chido.

[Image: FB7fOsAWYAsHBBS?format=jpg&name=large]
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Has been phenomenal and props to wear him for wearing that to the press conference.

I'd need to lose about 100 pounds before I had that kind of confidence

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
Great surprise... I think we all need to have some confidence in this FO going forward when it comes to FA. Chido seems to be the real deal.
Reply/Quote
Good thread. Definitely have to give Chido some love. He is one of the best players on the D hands down. Excellent signing, I hope he stays here a long time.
Reply/Quote
It's a surprise how well Awuzie has played in man coverage which wasn't supposed to be his forte... 3 year 21 mil free agent steal.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
I  wouldn't mind seeing more photos like that Cool

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
He is the absolute best VALUE on this team. He is being paid as a solid CB, but he is elite.

I love the guy. Very tough, yet sticks to receivers like glue.

And, signing him over WJIII allowed them to also sign Hilton for the price of one WJIII.
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 04:54 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: He is the absolute best VALUE on this team. He is being paid as a solid CB, but he is elite.

I love the guy. Very tough, yet sticks to receivers like glue.

And, signing him over WJIII allowed them to also sign Hilton for the price of one WJIII.

Spain is a pretty great value as well. He’s making vet minimum, and is playing like a top OG. Maybe not quite as good as Awuzie, though. Chido is top 5 at his position right now.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain is a pretty great value as well. He’s making vet minimum, and is playing like a top OG. Maybe not quite as good as Awuzie, though. Chido is top 5 at his position right now.

Excellent point.  Evans could creep in to this as well.  He has shown VERY well in his limited opportunities.

If he ever gets on the field and shows what he flashed in preseason, D'Ante Smith could fit this category as well.  
Reply/Quote
Love the dude. And he’s not afraid to lay the pads either.
Reply/Quote
Managing to replace one WJIII with both Chido and Hilton for same price was a master stroke by the FO. He’s been nothing short of exceptional
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:28 PM)G man Wrote: Managing to replace one WJIII with both Chido and Hilton for same price was a master stroke by the FO. He’s been nothing short of exceptional

WJ3 has been terrible in Washington, too. Pacman is still giving it to him online. LOL

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:24 PM)Dr.Z Wrote: Love the dude.   And he’s not afraid to lay the pads either.

What a huge difference between Chido and "Willow". 
This guys covers like glue, likes to lay the lumber, and can actually catch balls for picks! This is looking like an alltime genius move by whomever suggested it. Was it Lou?  And I have to give props to the recent slew of signings.....all have been very good to great:
Chido, Hendrickson, Larry O, Hilton, BJ Hill Trade, Allen, Reif.  am I forgetting anybody?
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:33 PM)kalibengal Wrote: What a huge difference between Chido and "Willow". 
This guys covers like glue, likes to lay the lumber, and can actually catch balls for picks! This is looking like an alltime genius move by whomever suggested it. Was it Lou?  And I have to give props to the recent slew of signings.....all have been very good to great:
Chido, Hendrickson, Larry O, Hilton, BJ Hill Trade, Allen, Reif.  am I forgetting anybody?

Reader, Bell, and Spain.

Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:35 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Reader, Bell, and Spain.

yes thx, I meant recent from before this season, but these guys should be included too. Bell has brought that attitude we needed and Reader is plugging up the middle nicely. Spain is quietly "chopping wood" as ML used to say.
Praying they can all stay healthy through this longer 17 G season
Reply/Quote
Great post...honestly thought he was going to be another no name, invisible FA acquisition.

As i said on another thread - with Waynes missing in action again this season if Chido had turned out different we would be in a world of pain now!
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:37 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: This dude deserves his own thread at this point. What an absolute home run of a signing. He’s arguably been the best player on a defense that includes Hendrickson, Reader, Logan Wilson, and Bates. No wonder we heard about the defense being dominant all TC.

You keep doing you, Chido.

[Image: FB7fOsAWYAsHBBS?format=jpg&name=large]
Thay Picture is Deion Sanders like lol.. I guess it's appropriate for how he's played. I was so happy when we got him and my cousin who's a cowboys fan said he sucked.. Guess he was wrong. A change of scenery / system really does work for some players.. I hope we can keep him around.. He's way better than. WJIII..
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 05:01 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Spain is a pretty great value as well. He’s making vet minimum, and is playing like a top OG. Maybe not quite as good as Awuzie, though. Chido is top 5 at his position right now.

Spain is playing better than Joe Thuney right now…people’s minds should be exploding in 3…2…1…
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 02:44 PM)The American Dream Wrote: Has been phenomenal and props to wear him for wearing that to the press conference.

I'd need to lose about 100 pounds before I had that kind of confidence

Lol now you have to get a jacket like that and post a pic in it so we can see lol
Reply/Quote
(10-18-2021, 06:09 PM)Tony Wrote: Thay Picture is Deion Sanders like lol.. I guess it's appropriate for how he's played. I was so happy when we got him and my cousin who's a cowboys fan said he sucked.. Guess he was wrong. A change of scenery / system really does work for some players.. I hope we can keep him around.. He's way better than. WJIII..

I said the same thing in another thread, my cousin is married to a Cowboys fan and when I found out we signed him I was happy because I seen a lot of Dallas games unfortunately ,but he was slated to be the number one corner when Byron Jones left for the Dolphins. Injuries and the whole Dallas defense being bad I think made people forget how good he was. I’m glad we have him over WJIII who always giving up tds when he right in the area with the receiver. Then when he left he had mouthed the team but look at us and look at WFT lol I bet he wished he were still here.
Reply/Quote