Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chief's PS game
(08-13-2019, 05:19 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Wait until Dalton plays a terrible game but throws one nice td pass.  The ones who are obsessing over "just one pass" now will completely change their minds then.  "Just one pass" will suddenly become meaningless.

Fred thinks Andy will have a terrible game this season.......HATER!!
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Might as well. They're already disingenuous to begin with, why not up the disingenuousness?  ThumbsUp

No one's asking for anyone to throw shade on anyone. Either you're complaining about the throw, you're complaining about those complaining about the throw or you're not saying anything. No need to add to it by actively saying that you're not saying anything.

Big difference, though. Dalton did his job, just didn't throw a pass good enough to keep the defense from making a play on it. The pass would've been completed had the defense not recovered and made a play. Yes, the pass was underthrown and a better pass hits him in stride for a sure TD, but had the Chiefs defense just given up, that pass is still completed. 

Actually the 1 pass was over 10% of his throws

Have we really sunk to blaming the opponent's DBs for Andy not making plays? Hell for the first 8 years at least we blamed our own players/coaches for it. 

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:42 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: There would be no outrageously stupid carry-on in this thread if people would simply admit that he missed the throw and move on.

No one denied he missed the throw yet you are the one who refuses to "move on".

You have already admitted to making posts for no other reason than to be antagonistic toward Dalton fans.  Sounds silly for you to do that and then tell everyone else that they have to "move on".
Reply/Quote
Kinda weird how people want to make a big ass hairy deal about a slightly underthrown pass that was not on third down or intercepted on a drive that still ended in a touchdown. Go figure. The need to complain be ridiculously strong. The constitutional right of today's fan.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Fred thinks Andy will have a terrible game this season.......HATER!!

But it won't be a terrible game if he makes one good throw.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:12 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Actually the 1 pass was over 10% of his throws

Have we really sunk to blaming the opponent's DBs for Andy not making plays? Hell for the first 8 years at least we blamed our own players/coaches for it. 

OH NO!!!   HE UNDER THREW 11% OF HIS PASSES!!!  FIRE THE BUM!!!

If only he could have recovered and completed the drive.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:16 PM)McC Wrote: Kinda weird how people want to make a big ass hairy deal about a slightly underthrown pass that was not on third down or intercepted on a drive that still ended in a touchdown.  Go figure.   The need to complain be ridiculously strong.  The constitutional right of today's fan.

Let us look at how it became a "big ass hairy deal". The 1st person to mention the under thrown pass in this thread did so while including about 4-5 other things he disliked in the game including starting the post with "Terrible game from start to finish". Guess how many posts it takes before someone takes issue with only one point in his post and guess why the issue was that poster took?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:09 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Just kind of funny that the guy who brought it up first did not mention another individual player when talking about what a "terrible game" it was.

I didn't make any claims of a "terrible game" so i don't know why you're saying that to me. 

Also, if you bothered to check, i didn't chime in on this thread until the bottom of page 5, after several things were already said about the throw and my reply was to the excuse given for it. I never said anything about Dalton's performance until later and everything i said about it, besides the one missed throw--which again, i railed against the excuses given--he had a good game and i even went on to say that if the offense looks like it did in the first drive, he should have a career year statistically. 

I wonder why you haven't mentioned anything about all the positives i've posted about him...

P.S. What nation are you a leader of?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:16 PM)McC Wrote: Yes, he missed a throw in a preseason game.  Acknowledge and move on.  Too bad the offense didn't shake it off and go down and score anyway.  Oh, wait.

They did. And they looked good doing it. Specifically, a lot of throws by the QB. 

oh...my...gaw... i said something positive about Dalton. Quick!! Check the sky!!!  Wink

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 05:29 PM)PhilHos Wrote: Big difference, though. Dalton did his job, just didn't throw a pass good enough to keep the defense from making a play on it. The pass would've been completed had the defense not recovered and made a play. Yes, the pass was underthrown and a better pass hits him in stride for a sure TD, but had the Chiefs defense just given up, that pass is still completed. 

Wow. That paragraph there is really special.  Mellow

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let us look at how it became a "big ass hairy deal". The 1st person to mention the under thrown pass in this thread did so while including about 4-5 other things he disliked in the game including starting the post with "Terrible game from start to finish". Guess how many posts it takes before someone takes issue with only one point in his post and guess why the issue was that poster took?

Everything issue he complained about was about a group of multiple plays with no individual players named.

Except one.  

Seems kind of strange that one play that cost us zero points made the game "terrible from start to finish".  .  .  .  Until you look at who that player was and who made the post.  Then it all becomes very clear.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:27 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I didn't make any claims of a "terrible game" so i don't know why you're saying that to me. 

Because you have apparently devoted your life to defending your teammate who made the first post.

Since no one has denied that Dalton missed the throw why don't you just "move on"?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:16 PM)fredtoast Wrote: No one denied he missed the throw yet you are the one who refuses to "move on".

No one denied it, they just made up all kinds of silly excuses; which i replied to. Never said anything about him being or going to be bad or that he had a bad game.

Prollem?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Everything issue he complained about was about a group of multiple plays with no individual players named.

Except one.  

Seems kind of strange that one play that cost us zero points made the game "terrible from start to finish".  .  .  .  Until you look at who that player was and who made the post.  Then it all becomes very clear.

Maybe.....just maybe.......It was because a group of players didn't make that throw. 

He didn't say that one play made the game terrible from start to finish; he listed numerous things to include giving credit to KC, our penalties for 100+ yds, turnovers on ST, a non-existent running game, and  dropped passes. 

I do agree that things are quite clear

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:24 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Let us look at how it became a "big ass hairy deal". The 1st person to mention the under thrown pass in this thread did so while including about 4-5 other things he disliked in the game including starting the post with "Terrible game from start to finish". Guess how many posts it takes before someone takes issue with only one point in his post and guess why the issue was that poster took?

Winner.

For my part in this "big ass hairy deal", i chimed in to dispute the myriad of excuses that were made for the under throw and to explain what i saw.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:33 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Because you have apparently devoted your life to defending your teammate who made the first post.

Since no one has denied that Dalton missed the throw why don't you just "move on"?

For the same reason you're not moving on?

So...what nation are you a leader of?

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:34 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one denied it, they just made up all kinds of silly excuses; which i replied to. Never said anything about him being or going to be bad or that he had a bad game.

Prollem?

I have a problem with you trying to deny the truth.

Go back and read you own posts.  You claimed that the ONLY reason people were making a big deal out of one missed pass by Dalton was because he had sucked so bad in the past.

"I never said anything bad about Dalton other than the fact that no one would have cared about this one bad pass if he hadn't sucked for so long. Derp."
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:51 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Go back and read you own posts.  You claimed that the ONLY reason people were making a big deal out of one missed pass by Dalton was because he had sucked so bad in the past.

What the **** are you talking about?

Care to point that post out?

And answer the question; what nation are you a leader of?

Reply/Quote
This is my thread so I'm king of this Nation and I ask that the Andy back and forth stop.

We got the Skins in 2 days.

Reply/Quote
(08-13-2019, 06:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: For the same reason you're not moving on?

So...what nation are you a leader of?

I never said anything about "moving on".  So I am not the hypocrite.

I don't play that passive aggressive BS game where I take a strong position and then try to deny it.

"Oh I am just perfectly neutral on Dalton.  I don't know why I keep having to say how neutral I am on him over and over and over and over again?"
Reply/Quote