Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chris Baker expected to sign with Bengals
(03-07-2018, 08:44 PM)Jpoore Wrote: U can play vea at 3-tech. Perfectly fine with it. Not trying to turn this into draft talk but what am I missing with Hurst? I see 4th rounder? Am I missing something? I saw his osu game and he got stuffer every play by a guard who will barely make a ps in the NFL.
He was really good in Washington.

Hurst was the highest graded defensive player in college last year according to PFF. He’s been consistently dominant against both the run and pass his whole college career.
https://www.profootballfocus.com/news/draft-michigans-maurice-hurst-the-next-gerald-mccoy

Where evidence do you have that a 340-lb defender is going to be such a good 3T? Provide some respectable source that argues that point.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bad, but still better than not going at all.

Don't you agree?

Yay! 7 participation trophies. Take that Steeler fans!

Reply/Quote
Well, I'm going to be optimistic and hope that this signifies an aggressive free agency period for them. I recall that he was a halfway decent player in Washington.

Not sure this prevents them from drafting Vea if they seem him as BPA.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 08:56 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: $3m for a 31-year-old who was cut by his last team after having 0.5 sacks in 15 games last season.... oh, and blew a game for his team, laughed about it, making the entire locker room turn on him. His coaches also didn't like him either.

https://www.bucsnation.com/2017/12/26/16820006/several-bucs-players-confronted-chris-baker-for-blowing-the-game

Hurray Bengals offseason.
Wonder what their record was at the time maybe they were used to losing at that point
Reply/Quote
MJ got cut by the Bucs and he turned out just great here.......fml
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 01:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Ah, it's truly not the off-season until I have to google a FA we're interested in just to find out just who the hell he is.

lol.......  same here.

Looking into it, though, it really doesn't look like that bad of a signing.  He has 3.5 sacks two years ago and 6 sacks three years ago.  He's 30, but also only played two games total his first two years in the league.

I'm not pimping this guy as Warren Sapp or even say that he'll have that big of an impact, but I was liking Billings and swapping in Baker every few series to get a fresh body in there can't hurt, and not playing full-time should help keep him motivated.  Being next to Atkins should also help, which we definitely need to get his contract extension taken care of, too.

I'm still hoping we're going after offensive linemen, and let's hope that this isn't the usual song-and-dance by the front office where they think signing one mid-level free agent makes it ok to not do anything else, but this isn't a bad signing.  
Reply/Quote
Not a special signing .Just means we're moving on from Sims. I also don't think this rules Vea out at 12. 
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
When leaving for work today I could have never imagined how many emotions this thread would provoke.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
This thread has gotten ridiculous.

1. Baker is better than Phat Sims. This is not realistically debatable.

2. It opens up the draft for o-line help.

3. Free agency hasn't even begun yet.

I'm 100% for ripping the team when it's called for. This isn't one of those times. Nor is it time to talk about playoff losses or the same tired points. I had a lot of hope that this would be some decent news that people would be semi positive about. The response is amazing. People are frustrated and I very much get that, but damn.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 03:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: This thread has gotten ridiculous.

1. Baker is better than Phat Sims. This is not realistically debatable.   TRUE

2. It opens up the draft for o-line help. If there's one at 12 or we trade down. Not sure there's one at 12. McGlinchey? 

3. Free agency hasn't even begun yet. And we already have two signings.

I'm 100% for ripping the team when it's called for. This isn't one of those times. Nor is it time to talk about playoff losses or the same tired points. I had a lot of hope that this would be some decent news that people would be semi positive about. The response is amazing. People are frustrated and I very much get that, but damn.

People can feel what they feel, but I agree this is showing some effort. Baker can be very disruptive. He seems like a great human being. He does get a little crazy on the field, but Burney and Haslett want him here for some reason. They coached him in DC, I guess. I watched hi highlight real from 2016 (I think), and the dude looked frighteningly good at times. I'd still draft Vita Vea, though. Vea's athleticism puts him at a totally different level. If he's there at 12, you shut up and take him. He's special.  Edmunds or Roquan wouldn't be bad either.
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 03:31 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: KThis thread has gotten ridiculous.

1. Baker is better than Phat Sims. This is not realistically debatable.

2. It opens up the draft for o-line help.

3. Free agency hasn't even begun yet.

Sorry but a below average player with a bad attitude isn't what this team needs. Baker doesn't really contribute to building a winning culture in the locker room. I'd prefer less 3-5 mil contract guys and put that money to 1-2 meaningful contracts. This just seems like typical Bengals taking a flyer on sub-par players. 
Reply/Quote
This is a flyer pick up at best...The hope for this guy to rekindle performance from two years ago on the cheap is fine, but this honestly is nothing for fans to get excited about. Free Agency is coming and we will see what the Brown family cooks up with the cap position we have. We have all seen this chapter of the book before but god I am hoping by some miracle they prove me wrong...

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Lol there was your splash signing guys. Mike just blew his free agency wad already.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Woohoo
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 07:08 AM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: Lol there was your splash signing guys. Mike just blew his free agency wad already.

Mike's a big baller huh? Sarcasm
"Whose kitty litter did I just s*** in?"

"He got Ajax from the dish soap!"
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 07:50 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Bad, but still better than not going at all.

Don't you agree?

I'd say it's debatable.  For us, it's just one more inevitable kick in the nads.  The season might be more enjoyable but you will always know how it'll end.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2018, 11:20 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Yay! 7 participation trophies. Take that Steeler fans!

(03-08-2018, 09:21 AM)McC Wrote: I'd say it's debatable.  For us, it's just one more inevitable kick in the nads.  The season might be more enjoyable but you will always know how it'll end.  

At last, finally getting some people to admit that they are happier when we lose and miss the playoffs than when we win more and make the playoffs.

This explains a lot of the posts I see around here.
Reply/Quote
This thread is wild.
Reply/Quote
(03-08-2018, 09:49 AM)CornerBlitz Wrote: This thread is wild.

Yeah, I thought I was a pessimist. I guess I am an optimist compared to some lol
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
If the rumours turn fruitful, a good pickup indeed; last year is a bad indicator, as Hayes seemingly imploded that dline, both in performance and attitude.

Too bad the people with the **** atttudes ruin it for everyone else...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote