Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Chris Carter has been impressive
He may not have big numbers but he has been an impressive addition for depth and he helps apply a lot of pressure to opposing QB's too, what are your thoughts?
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Hope he plays more was impressed with him on Sunday.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Yup; he had a fantastic missed tackle on a play where he hit the RB hard and the let him get away for a decent gain <_<
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup; he had a fantastic missed tackle on a play where he hit the RB hard and the let him get away for a decent gain <_<

He also had a nice QB hit on INT.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(11-30-2015, 10:53 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Yup; he had a fantastic missed tackle on a play where he hit the RB hard and the let him get away for a decent gain <_<

He also forced the INT and none of our other reserve DL were close to the play...
Reply/Quote
I watched him and found myself coming away unimpressed. I hope the Bengals are not satisfied with his performance and draft/sign a real speed edge rusher this off season.

How is Bud Dupree doing for the Steelers?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I watched him and found myself coming away unimpressed. I hope the Bengals are not satisfied with his performance and draft/sign a real speed edge rusher this off season.

Beating people with speed so far, only 2 sacks I've seen didn't have a football move in it.

Sooner or later tackles will just touch him and he'll be done.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: I watched him and found myself coming away unimpressed. I hope the Bengals are not satisfied with his performance and draft/sign a real speed edge rusher this off season.

Stats tell a different story. I watch a ton of Steelers games since I  live here, and he's doing extremely well when he gets to play. He's quick off the snap and has speed and strength to get where he needs to be. He's going to be a very good pass rusher once he gets better at his techniques. He's just a half second late on getting some big time sacks.
Reply/Quote
I like him but I'm not sure I would say he's been that impressive yet...though he's had limited opportunities to be fair.

Like the fact he's a speed rusher and is always trying to get around the OT rather than just trying power moves/bull rush...bit of a change up.

When you look at our DL it is lacking an out & out speed rusher on the edge so he may be able to find a niche spot and save us a high draft pick.

Presume he plays special teams too?
Reply/Quote

Is that what PFF told you?
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How is Bud Dupree doing for the Steelers?

On his way to a pretty solid season for a rookie. Four sacks, on pace for six. Could get 8-10 depending on playing time. In a season or two, he's going to be very good.
Reply/Quote
I think impressive is a little strong, but it was good to see on limited snaps he carried over his pre-season dynamism. Would be cool to through him in obvious passing packages a little more often.

Reply/Quote
Not worried about bud dupree with Whitworth and Obg waiting
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 12:21 AM)bfine32 Wrote: How is Bud Dupree doing for the Steelers?

He's been better than Ogbuehi and Carter combined. Of course, I'm sure some still think taking back-to-back tackles was brilliant.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 02:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's been better than Ogbuehi and Carter combined. Of course, I'm sure some still think taking back-to-back tackles was brilliant.

its kinda easy to be better then an injured guy, hell me and Ogbuehi have played the same amount of snaps.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 02:54 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: He's been better than Ogbuehi and Carter combined. Of course, I'm sure some still think taking back-to-back tackles was brilliant.

Fallacious argument. Ogbuehi hasn't played. 
Taking back to back tackles is fine if they are good players.
Reply/Quote

Pre-injury Ogbuehi would have gone well before 21, he has great talent. Even Fisher has 1st round talent and slipped. I will never be mad at investing high picks on the O-line, it's crucial. They were slightly risky picks but the potential payback is huge. Also I think Dupree has been playing well because he is a perfect scheme fit for the Steelers. Not entirely sure how the Bengals would have worked him in.

(12-01-2015, 03:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fallacious argument. Ogbuehi hasn't played. 

Absolutely. 

Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 02:59 PM)Element Wrote: its kinda easy to be better then an injured guy, hell me and Ogbuehi have played the same amount of snaps.

You think I don't know Ogbuehi hasn't played? That's exactly my point. We have a team with SB aspirations. What would be more helpful? A 4th/5th backup Tackle or a rotational pass rusher who would see the field every game? Both would help in the long run, but only one is likely to help this year (or maybe even next, if Whit re-ups).
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 03:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Fallacious argument. Ogbuehi hasn't played. 

Are you now defending the selection of "pillow hands"? 
Reply/Quote
(12-01-2015, 03:22 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Are you now defending the selection of "pillow hands"? 

No, that's where the "good players" argument comes in.
I don't think Dupree is a very good player either. He will "get his" sacks because he's an incredible athlete. But he still isn't very good with the nuance of the position and would be absolutely useless in a 4-3. 

Pick 21 should have always been La'el. 
Reply/Quote