Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Nutjob Ben Carson says Science is Satanic
(09-28-2015, 04:32 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: The best thing to know about the deep web is that you don't want to know about the deep web.

Sounds like the first rule of Fight Club.
(09-28-2015, 04:38 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: For yourself, yes. For others, no.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!  He didn't disagree on their behalf.  He disagreed with what you wrote.  The same as me.

You're an engineering major?  Seriously?
(09-28-2015, 04:52 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudge!  He didn't disagree on their behalf.  He disagreed with what you wrote.  The same as me.

You're an engineering major?  Seriously?

I wrote that for the faithful, it replaces God, he disagreed and said it only replaces the genisis story, as if the faithful should just say "oh ok cool"

And yes, I am. I'm building a logic circuit right now
(09-28-2015, 05:05 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I wrote that for the faithful, it replaces God, he disagreed and said it only replaces the genisis story, as if the faithful should just say "oh ok cool"

For the last time, the only person speaking "for the faithful", by your own admission, is you.

Also for the last time, it replaces a certain interpretation of the Genesis story.
(09-28-2015, 05:05 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I wrote that for the faithful, it replaces God, he disagreed and said it only replaces the genisis story, as if the faithful should just say "oh ok cool"

This is what he wrote . . .

(09-26-2015, 04:51 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: As an atheist, I disagree with this. The only thing evolution replaces is a literal interpretation of the Genesis creation account. There are better reasons than evolution to not believe in any gods.
As you can read, he didn't claim it replaces Genesis.  He wrote it could replace a "literal interpretation."  Not all of the faithful subscribe to a literal interpretation despite your repeated attempts to imply they do.
Again, he does have a basis to disagree.  It is only logical.
(09-28-2015, 05:19 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: For the last time, the only person speaking "for the faithful", by your own admission, is you.

Also for the last time, it replaces a certain interpretation of the Genesis story.

But that's maybe the most important part. You don't seem to see that.
(09-28-2015, 05:26 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: But that's maybe the most important part. You don't seem to see that.

That's not even close to the most important part.

The most important part is faith in God.  As an agnostic, I can't believe I need to explain this to you.
(09-28-2015, 04:18 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: So I am right?

Well if you want to persist you were wrong.

Something that happened in Genesis did not occur well after Genesis.

I just didn't find it necessary to tell you that you were wrong; but you persisted. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2015, 04:17 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Which one would actually reach Heaven?  Because that is why god confounded our language, right?  So we wouldn't reach Heaven?  With a tower?

Do you need me to tell you that you're wrong again?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-28-2015, 05:32 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: That's not even close to the most important part.

The most important part is faith in God.  As an agnostic, I can't believe I need to explain this to you.

But it all starts with the premise that God created man. That's the biggest part of faith, believing in your creator.
(09-28-2015, 05:35 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Well if you want to persist you were wrong.

Something that happened in Genesis did not occur well after Genesis.

I just didn't find it necessary to tell you that you were wrong; but you persisted. 

I wrote well after the story of Genesis had been recorded.  And I wrote correct me if I'm wrong.  I usually consider the Genesis story and the Great Flood story as two different stories.  Where I was wrong was I forgot Moses is attributed as the author of Genesis and that would have been after God confounded man's language.
(09-28-2015, 05:41 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do you need me to tell you that you're wrong again?

Please humor me.  You asked which of those towers would reach Heaven.  I asked you which tower would actually reach Heaven.
(09-28-2015, 05:56 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote:  
But it all starts with the premise that God created man.

Evolution doesn't necessarily replace God as man's creator.  Many people of faith believe in evolution and in Genesis.

Quote:That's the biggest part of faith, believing in your creator.
That's what I wrote.  You wrote the belief in a particular interpretation was "maybe the most important part."
So what is more important: belief or belief in an interpretation?  I say belief.
(09-28-2015, 06:09 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: Evolution doesn't necessarily replace God as man's creator.  Many people of faith believe in evolution and in Genesis.

That's what I wrote.  You wrote the belief in a particular interpretation was "maybe the most important part."
So what is more important: belief or belief in an interpretation?  I say belief.

It strictly replaces the christian God and that's why there's pushback, as I've said. I believe in both but I try not to think about it too much.

Either we evolved from a common ancestor with apes or we were created in the garden of Eden in god's image.

Trying to merge the 2 just gives you an episode of ancient aliens
(09-28-2015, 07:13 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: It strictly replaces the christian God and that's why there's pushback, as I've said.

No, it does not.  I guess you don't have any basis to disagree with the faithful who disagree with you.

Quote:I believe in both but I try not to think about it too much.
I agree you don't think about it too much.
Quote:Either we evolved from a common ancestor with apes or we were created in the garden of Eden in god's image.

Trying to merge the 2 just gives you an episode of ancient aliens
Again, I would think someone intelligent enough to be an electrical engineering major would be intelligent enough to unify evolution and religion.  I don't believe you can unify both without a lot of thought.  Yet, somehow you managed to merge both without turning it into an episode of ancient aliens like you claim would happen if you merge the two.  Really?  You just contradicted yourself.  Whoever you are, you're full of bullshit.
(09-28-2015, 08:38 PM)oncemoreuntothejimbreech Wrote: No, it does not.  I guess you don't have any basis to disagree with the faithful who disagree with you.

I agree you don't think about it too much.
Again, I would think someone intelligent enough to be an electrical engineering major would be intelligent enough to unify evolution and religion.  I don't believe you can unify both without a lot of thought.  Yet, somehow you managed to merge both without turning it into an episode of ancient aliens like you claim would happen if you merge the two.  Really?  You just contradicted yourself.  Whoever you are, you're full of bullshit.

I believe in god and evolution, but I don't try to merge the two, as it just creates a bastardized version of both. I have my faith, and I have an analytical nature and I know how to keep them separate.

Why do atheists always seem so angry?
(09-28-2015, 11:32 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: Why do atheists always seem so angry?

There's only so many times a human being can listen to the same silliness over and over before they start to get a little pissed every time somebody tries to use the same old tricks again.

Talking to a Christian usually boils down to either a. one of the popular (yet debunked) "logical" arguments for God's existence, b. the "I had an experience" fallacy, or, most popular on this board, c. a bombardment of inane, deliberately ambiguous questions about science with the hope of finally poking a hole and filling the gap with their god of choice.

It's a rare treat when the conversation goes above that level. Sadly, it almost never does. Thus the annoyance.
(09-28-2015, 11:46 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: There's only so many times a human being can listen to the same silliness over and over before they start to get a little pissed every time somebody tries to use the same old tricks again.

Talking to a Christian usually boils down to either a. one of the popular (yet debunked) "logical" arguments for God's existence, b. the "I had an experience" fallacy, or, most popular on this board, c. a bombardment of inane, deliberately ambiguous questions about science with the hope of finally poking a hole and filling the gap with their god of choice.

It's a rare treat when the conversation goes above that level. Sadly, it almost never does. Thus the annoyance.

And that affects your life how? Aren't you always the ones that say live and let live?

Don't be angry there little fella. It's OK.
(09-28-2015, 11:46 PM)GodHatesBengals Wrote: There's only so many times a human being can listen to the same silliness over and over before they start to get a little pissed every time somebody tries to use the same old tricks again.

I'll just say hey, there's no atheists in foxholes.

But there has to be some reason for why you all seem so angry. I remember when I was 15 and thought I had the world all figured out and thought christians were stupid blah blah and then I realized I was just angry, about what? No idea, but I got over it. It seems like some people never get over it.
(09-28-2015, 11:59 PM)Naranja Tigre Wrote: I'll just say hey, there's no atheists in foxholes.

But there has to be some reason for why you all seem so angry. I remember when I was 15 and thought I had the world all figured out and thought christians were stupid blah blah and then I realized I was just angry, about what? No idea, but I got over it. It seems like some people never get over it.

Oh yeah! I forgot about d. annoying psuedo-psychoanalysis in which you're compared to a juvenile for not being mature enough to believe in that for which there is no evidence.

Thanks for reminding me.