Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Westerman
(11-21-2018, 09:21 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I can see why Pollack is making bank as one of the best line coaches in the league, and we are all sitting here discussing it on a message board.... I think he probably is just a little bit better judge of talent.

Yep. With the amazing talent n product that is put on display week after week n amazing amount of success the Bengals have had why would anyone question what they are doing.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:42 AM)Socal Bengals fan Wrote: Yep.  With the amazing talent n product that is put on display week after week n amazing amount of success the Bengals have had why would anyone question what they are doing.

What part of he inherited this line are you having problems with. He took a shit show and made them half decent. He hasn't been able to pick any of his own player yet except Price. And Price is going to be a star.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:42 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Of course, going from 4-1 to 5-5 also includes games against Pittsburgh, the Saints, the Chief's and Baltimore. Loss to Pitt was by 7, loss to Baltimore was by 3. NO and KC are blowing though just about everybody, so this was the roughest stretch of the schedule.

Alright.  I get it.  There's no length to which you guys won't go just to argue.  Forget about the reality of what is actually happening on the field and just keep laying on the lame ass excuses.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:27 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Or, it could be that there is just no talent on the line outside of Boling and Price, and Pollack only drafted Price. The rest of the line is Alexander's. I think he's done a pretty good job so far with the shit show he inherited. Give him one more draft, then we can judge.

Ah yes, the ol' give him one more year standby.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:11 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Oh really?  Is that why all the other teams in the NFL routinely bench their starters and play back ups because that is the ONLY way to tell who the best players are?

If their starters are sucking, is it all that unheard of to try something else?  You know, not every team in the league is content to watch their season go down the bowl and do nothing about it.

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:32 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Bengals are 11th in the league with a 4.5 yards per carry average despite having only one run of longer than 40 yards.

Bengals are 10th in fewest sacks allowed.

How is the O-line you built and coached performing in the NFL?

Have you ever watched a movie and criticized it?  How many movies have you made?  Have you ever heard a song and said you didn't like it?  How many songs have you written?  Have you ever seen a car and didn't like it?  How many cars have you built?

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:25 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I am also familiar with the collective brilliance of this message board who all agreed that Peko was garbage and would not start for any other team until the defending Super Bowl champs with one of the best defenses in the leagu signed him to start for them.

I am also familiar with the long string of nobodies that people here claim should be starting and who never amount to anything even when they have the chance with other teams.

The Bengals are 5-5.  That is not good enough.  But that is not bad enought to prove that every single decision they make about every player is 100% wrong.

How are they able to beat other NFL teams if every decision they make is wrong?

Well, considering Marvin was the guy who cut him, I guess that makes him about as stupid as the rest of us.  Never get tired of dusting off the ol' Peko argument which actually proves the opposite of what you intend it to, do you?

Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 10:09 AM)McC Wrote: If their starters are sucking, is it all that unheard of to try something else?  You know, not every team in the league is content to watch their season go down the bowl and do nothing about it.

There is not a single NFL team that just randomly plays guys to see how good they are.  Coaches watch practice and play who they think is best.  They don't replace a starter unless they think that his back up is better.

If terrible teams are just always getting better by playing their back ups then you should be able to give me a few examples, right?

You keep talking about the "ONLY WAY" to find out how good a player is is to play him them, but for some reason you can't you give me a long list of teams that are benching their starters to play back ups on a whim?  It may happen from time to time, but the claim that it is the "only way" is completely ridiculous.  If it was the "only way" then every team in the league would be doing it all the time.

You accuse anyone who disagrees with you of trolling yet all you do is make up total BS and post it as if it is a fact.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 10:14 AM)McC Wrote: Well, considering Marvin was the guy who cut him, I guess that makes him about as stupid as the rest of us.  Never get tired of dusting off the ol' Peko argument which actually proves the opposite of what you intend it to, do you?

Marvin never cut him.  He was a free agent and he Broncos offered him more money than we did.

Peko 100% proves my point that the message board consensus is sometimes very stupid. 
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Alexander says he's not good enough.... I'm cynical. Then Pollack comes in and says he's not good enough.... he's not good enough.

Or ML is sticking his nose in and won't play him, he has been known to do that
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:05 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: Or ML is sticking his nose in and won't play him, he has been known to do that

Bingo,he always does
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 09:12 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Alexander says he's not good enough.... I'm cynical. Then Pollack comes in and says he's not good enough.... he's not good enough.

Pollack said this? I thought it was Marvin who said why Westerman wasn't playing?

EDIT - It was Marvin who said it https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/29/17791954/marvin-lewis-hints-at-frustration-bengals-og-christian-westerman

Quote:Head coach Marvin Lewis was asked why Westerman wasn’t playing right guard during Tuesday’s press conference. “They are synonymous,” he said, we assume with a menacing glare. “It doesn’t really matter, left or right, you have to prove you can play.”
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Other than Billy Price, the Cincinnati offensive line roster is populated by second rate players under the tutelage of second rate coaches. Frank Pollack is a bigger bust than Cedric Ogbuehi.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 01:56 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Pollack said this? I thought it was Marvin who said why Westerman wasn't playing?

EDIT - It was Marvin who said it https://www.cincyjungle.com/2018/8/29/17791954/marvin-lewis-hints-at-frustration-bengals-og-christian-westerman

https://bengalswire.usatoday.com/2018/08/13/frank-pollack-pro-football-focus-explains-christian-westerman-isnt-starting/

Westerman didn’t seem to take too many first-team reps either.

That’s because Pollack sees what he sees and doesn’t care what outsiders have to say, as he told reporters:

Quote:“No offense to Pro Football Focus, but I really don’t give a damn what they say,” Pollack said. “He had the same as about everybody else. He did a lot of good stuff. He was physical. He’s got to clean up his technique. He got high at times. But he’s grinding on that. He’s got to work on better hand placement. He did a lot of good things, as did everybody. But as did everybody else, he made some mistakes he’s got to improve. Typical Game 1 stuff.”
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 10:01 AM)McC Wrote: Ah yes, the ol' give him one more year standby.

He hasn't even finished his first one yet..... Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Other than Billy Price, the Cincinnati offensive line roster is populated by second rate players under the tutelage of second rate coaches.  Frank Pollack is a bigger bust than Cedric Ogbuehi.

How exactly is anyone on the line outside of Price Pollack's fault. There were all here when he got here. If the starters who suck are starting, it's because the backups suck even harder.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:22 PM)Sled21 Wrote: How exactly is anyone on the line outside of Price Pollack's fault. There were all here when he got here. If the starters who suck are starting, it's because the backups suck even harder.

Your comment about the other starters is valid. I agree totally.
Reply/Quote
(11-21-2018, 02:08 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: Other than Billy Price, the Cincinnati offensive line roster is populated by second rate players under the tutelage of second rate coaches.  Frank Pollack is a bigger bust than Cedric Ogbuehi.

Bengals are 11th in league in average yard per carry (4.5) despite having only one run of greater than 40 yards.

Bengals are tenth in fewest sacks allowed.

Bengals O-line needs to improve, but their production is pretty good for second rate players under the tutelage of second rate coaches.
Reply/Quote
Was there anything more predictable than Fred showing up in this thread to go on a crusade about how brilliant the coaches are for playing Redmond over Westerman, and how we're all a bunch of idiots who know nothing?

The same guy who was riding Livings jock harder than can be, right up to the point where he was cut and NEVER played in the NFL again. "But der da der, he got a big contract in FA!"

Followed up by how brilliant Paul Alexander was, riding his jock right up to the point he got fired only what, 7 games into his first season? "But der da der, he's really respected by the HS conferences!"

Sure wish we were all as smart and infallible as the coaches and Fred.

[Image: tumblr_mzg7tzX9PX1tq4of6o1_500.gif]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals are the greatest franchise in sports Fred will prove it . Just give him a min . Dre Kirkpatrick is awesome, Marvin is an amazing coach, Dalton is HOF material , and Ogbuehi is still in his rookie year pretty much.
Reply/Quote