Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cincinnati Bengals first round pick suffers HUGE injury
First casualty of camp. More info to come.... I guess we'll have to wait and see who got the better corner. Unrealistic to think he would have helped this season anyway. Sucks though.

Look for Hall to return.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Looks like we will most likely be without WJIII this season. I cant find much else on this story but this is what i have so far.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678910/article/bengals-william-jackson-suffers-torn-pectoral-muscle?campaign=fb-nf-sf32328457-sf32328457
Reply/Quote
Bah this sucks, plus we get to hear how next year is a wash because he's a rookie. Here's to hoping we have some idea about him before his rookie contract is up.
Reply/Quote
At least it isn't a knee injury I guess.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Living up to the injured rookie CB tradition.

SMH.

I was wondering how he was doing since we had heard nothing about him so far in camp. At least it comes at a position that I feel we are fairly stocked at.
Reply/Quote
Leon Hall, where ya at? ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 01:48 PM)Gohards Wrote: Looks like we will most likely be without WJIII this season. I cant find much else on this story but this is what i have so far.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000678910/article/bengals-william-jackson-suffers-torn-pectoral-muscle?campaign=fb-nf-sf32328457-sf32328457

Oh - man! Say it isn't so!  Tell me its the first of April! Shocked
Reply/Quote
...Damn. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 01:52 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Leon Hall, where ya at? ThumbsUp

We better get him quick!   I hope somebody gets some better sports bras for these guys so we don't get anymore torn boob muscles! Shocked (kidding don't pile on - please!)
Reply/Quote
DAMN

Was hoping our injury luck from last year (barring the Dalton thumb injury) would carry over.
[Image: ferris-quote.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Torn Pectoral....

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2016/08/02/bengals-cornerback-william-jackson-suffers-torn-pectoral/
Reply/Quote
Imo though, there isn't a better place to get hurt as a cb (if that makes any sense). You have a room full of guys whose seasons have been derailed due to injury. He has a great support group is what i'm getting at.
Reply/Quote
Bad news but glad we have depth at CB.

And again I say unto you, It is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a needle, than for a rich man to enter into the kingdom of God.

Reply/Quote
He'll be back gunning on ST by December. That's all we were probably gonna see this year anyway..... Next man up.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
Smile 
Im more worried about Dennard than WJ.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Hate to see this this early in the year.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Terrible news. WTS, does anyone know if Shaw has been taking the most snaps at CB or S this spring? I see this effecting us similarly to last year when DD went down. I had hoped to see more of Shaw at S, but this most likely stops that.

Would be happy to bring Hall back as well, just not sure this will be a reason for it;as Radio was probably already going to be inactive if we brought back Leon.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Injuries have been rough so far, but Carolina made it to the Super Bowl minus Kelvin Benjamin last year. When it comes to surviving injuries, collective health is more important than a few guys getting hurt with your top 5-6 players than year long injuries to other guys.

This will be the year of overcoming strife. If we don't come out hungry and if Dalton can't repeat his play from last year, look for a team-wide regression. :/
Formerly w8ing 4 '08
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
As NFL Network said " what a buzz kill"

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(08-02-2016, 01:48 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Bah this sucks, plus we get to hear how next year is a wash because he's a rookie.  Here's to hoping we have some idea about him before his rookie contract is up.

Who knows were we will be at this time next year... A Jones could be done.  we could see enough of Dennard to know one way or the other.

But I guess some of the good news is josh shaw is looking good this camp and WJIII most likely wasn't gonna play a ton of Defensive snaps anyways unless a couple people were hurt.

So he is basically being reshirted due to injury.. This would be a major blow if we were expecting him to be a week 1 starter as most teams drafting Rd1 CBs pronly need.   But depth is key Depth is key.
Reply/Quote