Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cincinnati "Fans" are the Worst
(09-17-2023, 10:10 PM)michaelsean Wrote: He played like crap for three halfs. It’s ok to say that. If someone is saying he should be replaced or traded or some such nonsense then yes that’s nuts.

Why did he play like crap though? That's the point. 

Zero training camp, ****** up calf. The dude can't even get out of the pocket. 

A little grace is all I'm asking for here. 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: When Joe struggles it completely exposes ZT and Callahan. They struggle to find "easy" yards for this offense. 

It just blows my mind when people talk shit about Burrow. People have no clue how much the dude literally carries our offense. 

He carries the coaches too.

That's the tragedy in this. He should win a few SBs, but I don't know if he will with Zac. Also, the team struggles to draft lineman.

Once his extension kicks in, we'll have to rely on rookies more.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:13 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: When Joe struggles it completely exposes ZT and Callahan. They struggle to find "easy" yards for this offense. 

I never understood why they don’t just copy other team’s plays. See a good play? Steal it. See a formation that created favorable matchups? Steal it. Copy everything.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why did he play like crap though? That's the point. 

Do you think that’s what Joe is saying right now?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:15 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I never understood why they don’t just copy other team’s plays. See a good play?  Steal it. See a formation that created favorable matchups?  Steal it. Copy everything.

Yes! Like against the Rams in the SB. There had to be a way to counter that defense.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I sat in a car ride home from the game with 5 other Bengals fans and listened to them trash Burrow for the game(s) he had. Twitter is a cesspool. Social media is on fire. People are throwing coaches, players, anyone under the bus. Everyone is dogging everyone.

But to dog Joe Burrow after two games, where he missed all of training camp, and clearly isn't 100% healthy? Man, some of you all stink. How short our memories are.

Seriously, it's embarrassing.

Same shit some of you did with Palmer, Votto, etc. Throwing trash on lawns and running guys out of town.

Better be careful for what you wish for.

You left out AJ , Dalton, Burdick etc.. but in the end fans ca  have they negative opinions remember you are onlumy as your last game
Reply/Quote
If you demand to be the highest paid player in the NFL, your list of acceptable excuses is a very short one.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:18 PM)Essex Johnson Wrote: You left out AJ , Dalton, Burdick etc.. but in the end fans ca  have they negative opinions remember you are onlumy as your last game

The Bengals best players get villafied.

It's really management/coaching.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why did he play like crap though? That's the point. 

You're not asking for grace, you're asking for folks not to blame JB for his poor performance.

Yet, you join in the "lack of grace" for a HC that changed the culture here and has taken us to 2 straight AFC title games. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
Haha Weezy if you're sharing a car ride with these people then perhaps it's your friends you need to address this with and not us. :)
-The only bengals fan that has never set foot in Cincinnati 1-15-22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So it's Zac's fault JB has never has a full training camp? 

Tough to say.

Is it his fault Burrow tore up his knee behind a patchwork oline dropping back over 75% of snaps with the season over already?
Is it his fault for not resting Burrow in training camp when his calf was sore?

It's tough to say if anyone is to blame.
Sometimes things just happen.

The universe played out this way.
Maybe there's a reason for it playing out this way, maybe there's no reason at all.

I will say that I like this team and the superstar players we have. 
They're fun to watch when healthy and on the same page.

That said, if I woke up tomorrow and football ceased to exist, I'd be as happy as I am now.
So what's the point in getting upset over a game?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:20 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Tough to say.

Is it his fault Burrow tore up his knee behind a patchwork oline dropping back over 75% of snaps with the season over already?

Maybe there's a reason for it playing out this way, maybe there's no reason at all.

That said, if I woke up tomorrow and football ceased to exist, I'd be as happy as I am now.

I wonder if the injuries are because of all the sacks and hits he's taken so far. Indirectly.
Reply/Quote
Bengals fans were just voted most loyal. In the entire league

I am always amazed when some fans’ delicate sensibilities get blown up like a cherry bomb when fans go sideways.

There are many, many reasons for Bengal fans to be irate. Obviously, a some of it is nonsense, but much of it is perfectly legitimate. And the sentiment that fans dare be angry at Burrow because he “gave us” 2 of our best seasons in our history is tomfoolery. Guy just signed a bazillion dollar deal. He didn’t “give” anyone anything.

And the defense in the past 2 seasons was as important as anything Burrow did.
If you see something suspicious, say something suspicious.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:20 PM)Bengalstripes9 Wrote: Tough to say.

That's the bottom line. I love what JB has done since he got here, I love what Zac has done since he got here, I love how the next generation is having a bigger say in the F.O. 

I never get upset at a game, unless when we lose the the Steelers and I have to buy my boss a 6-pack of his choice.

Have we became a spoiled fanbase this quickly?

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:16 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Do you think that’s what Joe is saying right now?

Of course not. I'm sure Joe blames himself. 

That doesn't mean it's fair, though. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:25 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Bengals fans were just voted most loyal. In the entire league

I am always amazed when some fans’ delicate sensibilities get blown up like a cherry bomb when fans go sideways.

There are many, many reasons for Bengal fans to be irate. Obviously, a some of it is nonsense, but much of it is perfectly legitimate. And the sentiment that fans dare be angry at Burrow because he “gave us” 2 of our best seasons in our history is tomfoolery. Guy just signed a bazillion dollar deal. He didn’t “give” anyone anything.

And the defense in the past 2 seasons was as important as anything Burrow did.

We emotionally invest in something we have zero control of. It’s kind of nuts and somewhat illogical when you think about it, and we need to vent sometimes even if it’s irrational at times.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:25 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Bengals fans were just voted most loyal. In the entire league

Which was a complete joke. Chad and Kroger used to literally buy tickets to avoid blackouts because people didn’t show up to games. Not to mention Palmer’s yard, booing Dalton at a charity event, etc. Loyal my ass.

I’m not even sure we have the most loyal fanbase out of NFL teams in Ohio, let alone the whole league.

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're not asking for grace, you're asking for folks not to blame JB for his poor performance.

Yet, you join in the "lack of grace" for a HC that changed the culture here and has taken us to 2 straight AFC title games. 

Dude, please. Two completely different things. 

JB has circumstances around him (out of his control) that are affecting his play. Injury and zero training camp time. He's pushing it in order to win when he really honestly shouldn't be. And people still kill him for it. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:32 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Two completely different things. 

JB has circumstances around him (out of his control) that are affecting his play. Injury and zero training camp time. He's pushing it in order to win when he really honestly shouldn't be. And people still kill him for it. 

Do me a favor..hit the back arrow, look at the threads, and tell me who's getting killed. 

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:34 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Do me a favor..hit the back arrow, look at the threads, and tell me who's getting killed. 

I think you keep missing the point homie. 
Reply/Quote