Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cincinnati "Fans" are the Worst
(09-18-2023, 12:12 AM)TheFan Wrote: If Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble do you think people hold Joe Burrow on the same pedestal? We made the playoffs 5 straight years and there hasn't been that much difference in the QB play. Burrow obviously is better than Dalton but he's not flawless and it could be argued he's not the primary reason we've won in the playoffs.

I agree with the first point somewhat, but breaking the playoff drought isn't ALL this team has done.

First road playoff win... backed up by another one the very next week.

First time winning 3 playoff games in a season.

First AFCCG win on the road.

First time winning in the postseason in back to back years.

Lot of firsts not just limited to that Raiders game.

Also... the QB play hasn't been 'much different'?

Andy Dalton in the Playoffs:
0-4
88/158 - 55.7% completion rate
873 yards
1 TD
6 INTs

Joe Burrow in the playoffs:
5-2
169/251 - 67.33% completion rate
1826 yards
9 TDs
4 INTs

Look like two pretty different QBs to me.
Reply/Quote
I'm just waiting for the fans to trash his yard and insult his wife so they can cry some more when he wants out in a few years.

The absolute worst.
Our father, who art in Hell
Unhallowed, be thy name
Cursed be thy sons and daughters
Of our nemesis who are to blame
Thy kingdom come, Nema
Reply/Quote
Although the players make a ton more money than Joe Sixpack, they are still human beings. I don't see that the players and coaches aren't trying their best and suffering with each loss. None want to go out in front of 65,000 fans and millions on TV and fail. And it just doesn't seem right that people support them only when things are going right and dump on them whenever things go wrong. If they weren't trying, it would be different. But I get the sense with this group that everyone is giving their all, just falling short.

It's a tough and unforgiving sport in the sense that there are competitors that are trying to make you fail and when you do it's in front of millions. Yes, you get to take a nice paycheck home at the end of the day, and that is a wonderful compensation, but they also have to live with being scrutinized every second on the field and any mistakes get replayed and replayed. I'm pretty sure they are all trying their best to win.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:01 PM)michaelsean Wrote: They are 0-2 again. Zac has been 0-2 four out of his five years. Everyone deserves some crap thrown at them.

How did those two 0-2 starts finish the season, because my recollection is 2 AFCCGs and a Super Bowl?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah, terrible! Terrible!

How dare we expect an elite tier QB to give elite tier play, especially right after signing an NFL record deal? How dare we actually hope or think that maybe, just maybe, the BEST fanbase in the NFL might finally get return for the decades of fruitless support? And how dare we show righteous disgust at poor play that greatly reduces the hope for our fans to finally get some return for rooting for this franchise all these decades?

Did you sleep through the part where that elite QB did not have a training camp?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Tony Wrote: Ya let's celebrate losing... Some people are so weak anymore. You can't criticize shit. This is the participation trophy Era taking over...

And some people never do anything but criticize, even when winning. 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:15 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Why did he play like crap though? That's the point. 

Zero training camp, ****** up calf. The dude can't even get out of the pocket. 

A little grace is all I'm asking for here. 

You're wasting your time, certain "fans" are actually just a bunch of "Joey Bagodonuts" types who live for their team to fail so they can criticize and feel superior. I checked in on the GD thread at halftime just to see how much blood was on the floor and one guy actually posted "F... this team" Yeah, real fan there..... 
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:19 PM)michaelsean Wrote: If you demand to be the highest paid player in the NFL,  your list of acceptable excuses is a very short one.

Man, that money really has you disturbed, doesn't it? So what he's the highest paid by a few dollars. He's making the same as his peers.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder if the injuries are because of all the sacks and hits he's taken so far. Indirectly.

Imagine, if you will, a world where a defensive end can hit you so hard you get appendicitis......
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:25 PM)RunKijanaRun Wrote: Bengals fans were just voted most loyal. In the entire league

I am always amazed when some fans’ delicate sensibilities get blown up like a cherry bomb when fans go sideways.

There are many, many reasons for Bengal fans to be irate. Obviously, a some of it is nonsense, but much of it is perfectly legitimate. And the sentiment that fans dare be angry at Burrow because he “gave us” 2 of our best seasons in our history is tomfoolery. Guy just signed a bazillion dollar deal. He didn’t “give” anyone anything.

And the defense in the past 2 seasons was as important as anything Burrow did.

And yet, there were fans in the GD thread calling for Lou to be fired.....
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:52 PM)NUGDUKWE Wrote: I was certainly wondering at the time why we had Burrow practicing if he needed a calf sleeve. Also wondering why if we were practicing him with a calf sleeve why he was running around scrambling with the sleeve.

I will say something Burrow not running for 1st downs is having a decent impact on our team. While he doesn't do it a ton he does seem to scramble for a 1st down or two during games usually. I also wonder if not having that ability is having an impact on him mentally while sitting in the pocket. Just one less outlet to read as you drop back.

Did you ever play? The first week of practice, EVERYTHING hurts..... he had the sleeve on because his calf was sore, not injured. If you held players out for being sore, no one would play.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Uh.....where's the Lombardi? THAT's how you earn the right to patience. What joy? The joy of losing in the Super Bowl, of losing in the AFCCG? This team is going on 70 years and what is there to show for it for the LONG suffering fans? So far all they have done is be a flash in the pan - no trophy means still the same old Bengals...

Why do you watch then?  Do something else with your Sundays.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Uh.....where's the Lombardi? THAT's how you earn the right to patience. What joy? The joy of losing in the Super Bowl, of losing in the AFCCG? This team is going on 70 years and what is there to show for it for the LONG suffering fans? So far all they have done is be a flash in the pan - no trophy means still the same old Bengals...

Is it, because Zac is in his 30's and most of the players are in their early twenties. Do you really think "this team" is responsible for the past?  
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I think Marvin is a better coach than Zac. Burrow is just a much better QB than Dalton and Palmer.

I'll give you Dalton, but Palmer was a premiere QB. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:43 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Did you ever play? The first week of practice, EVERYTHING hurts..... he had the sleeve on because his calf was sore, not injured. If you held players out for being sore, no one would play.

Have you followed this team since Taylor has been the coach? Seems like we take it easy on players who are "sore".
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:40 AM)Sled21 Wrote: And yet, there were fans in the GD thread calling for Lou to be fired.....
I think that was 1 guy... probably drunk.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:03 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: Everyone? No. 

Certain people? Sure.

ZT? Yes. It's fair to question why his teams have such slow starts to the season. I'd be willing to bet Joe Burrow not having a normal training camp and him not playing anyone in preseason is a large reason why. 

Exactly.

It's not Burrow's fault they thrust him back into the fold arguably too early.
It had been stated throughout the preseason that a strained calf can be a lingering issue and it's best not to rush someone back from that due to higher chance of reaggravation.

Also, it don't matter when the offensive playcalling was as bad as it has been these past two games.
Does Taylor know there are more routes other than screens and deep sideline passes?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
The Bengals looked better yesterday and the Ravens as many of us thought are much improved. They were missing some starters and yet we didn’t take advantage. This team is not ready to play irregardless of Joe. That’s on the entire coaching staff. There’s plenty of good enough players to pick up the slack but they didn’t. Baltimore was missing players in their OL and secondary .

But it’s silly to think that this staff hasn’t proved their worth. They won 10 straight games last year and won a lot of important games. How quickly we forget the playoff domination of the Bills in Buffalo or winning 3-4 from KC. If you think the team beat those two teams with just as much talent and great QB’s and good coaching w/o being fully prepared then I can’t help you. Joe didn’t win those games by himself or Allen and Mahomes lose them by themselves.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:47 AM)Sled21 Wrote: I'll give you Dalton, but Palmer was a premiere QB. 

The ACL moment still bums me out. That team was ready to roll.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 08:28 AM)Sled21 Wrote: How did those two 0-2 starts finish the season, because my recollection is 2 AFCCGs and a Super Bowl?

Your recollection is a little off. The Superbowl year we didn't start 0-2. So we went:
2-14
4-11-1
12-4

In the previous 0-2 stars. We'll see where we end up finishing this year. 
Reply/Quote