Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cincinnati "Fans" are the Worst
(09-17-2023, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're not asking for grace, you're asking for folks not to blame JB for his poor performance.

Yet, you join in the "lack of grace" for a HC that changed the culture here and has taken us to 2 straight AFC title games. 

You think Zac without Joe changed the culture? Without Joe Zac would've been fired already.
Reply/Quote
I got to hear an employee and a customer at Lowe’s last night complaining to the point where one of them stated that they hoped he tore his ACL again so we could see what the backup could do.

People are stupid creatures when they’re feeling their feelings.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:14 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Yes! Good coaches scheme guys open. Not here.

Not Mixon has been running great. They just don't give him enough carries.

This. Mixon had some bangers yesterday. I thought it was an interesting strategy that they may have been keeping him fresh til when the Ravens were worn down. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:30 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Germaine Pratt intercepts Derek Carr on the 1 yd line in a playoff game, and we have a great linebacker... "Playoff P"

Geno Stone intercepts Joe Burrow on the goal line, and "Play calling sucks... Burrow sucks"

Cincinnati fans never seem to understand the other teams have players being paid to make plays too......

That goes back to the Palmer/Marvin era when it seemed like the Steelers and the Ravens always had the #1 and the #2 defenses (maybe I'm exaggerating but not by much?) and we had to give begrudging props to Palmer having a less than 100% rate making guys like Polomaulelululululu and Ed Reed look like chumps. 

We spent so much time tipping our caps to the other team's defense that we looked like bobble heads...or something.  I can't think of a clever metaphor.  I can see why people would hope those days were behind us...not that saying Burrow sucks and it was his fault makes that better.  Ehh...so it goes.
Reply/Quote
Zac Taylor's record without Joe Burrow is 4-27-1. If that doesn't tell you who's driving the bus, I don't know what else to tell you.
Reply/Quote
I'd recommend not turning on local sports radio either

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 11:16 AM)Wyche Wrote: They showed on the all 22 last week that Joe missed multiple wide open receivers over the middle at Cleveland. Only one poster noted it, and no one discussed it, lol. I honestly can't figure out why. Ninja

It was obvious in Game 1 that Burrow's accuracy was off.

But once again, he didn't really practice all training camp and preseason, aside from maybe a few times.
He was incredibly rusty, and arguably wasn't ready to play that first game after so few practices.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:54 PM)Johnny Cupcakes Wrote: I got to hear an employee and a customer at Lowe’s last night complaining to the point where one of them stated that they hoped he tore his ACL again so we could see what the backup could do.

People are stupid creatures when they’re feeling their feelings.

lol wtf dude? 
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 01:31 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Zac Taylor's record without Joe Burrow is 4-27-1. If that doesn't tell you who's driving the bus, I don't know what else to tell you.

Well the roster was crap when he took it over and Bill Belichick is under .500 w/o Tom Brady and going further south. Andy Reid got fired at Philly because he didn’t have a QB. Saban failed at Miami because he didn’t have a QB. Such a tired argument.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
No one heard? The sky is falling. Mellow
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:47 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote:
You think Zac without Joe changed the culture?
Without Joe Zac would've been fired already.

Oh please, Joe Burrow is a winner no doubt, but he had nothing to do with changing the philosophy of moving from talented troubled players to coache's kids, team Captains, and players who had played in Championships. That philosophy is 100% Zac Taylor, and it is what Burrow bought into during his first meeting with him. 
Reply/Quote
If some of you were scrutinized by your sales manager on your sales quota you’d be whimpering you missed 2 weeks this quarter for vacation and 1 week for a bereavement and if the sales manager said I don’t care you’d be to the labor board in a heartbeat. Pathetic
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:47 PM)PCB Bengal Fan Wrote: You think Zac without Joe changed the culture? Without Joe Zac would've been fired already.

I also heard JB was going to take a team-friendly deal to help the team win.

Joe is not this supreme being many have placed on that pedestal. 

He's a great QB; that's about it. 

For those coaching talent evaluators, we have on here. If we fired Zac today how long do you think he'd be out of work?
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I also heard JB was going to take a team-friendly deal to help the team win.

Joe is not this supreme being many have placed on that pedestal. 

He's a great QB; that's about it. 

For those coaching talent evaluators, we have on here. If we fired Zac today how long do you think he'd be out of work?

Not too sure on that Great QB title yet....he's a decent QB but a "Great" QB guts it up and plays at the highest level when the team needs it the most. A Great QB goes out and, calf or no calf, FINDS A WAY to get the team over the finish line. Burrow has not done this hence our 0-2. 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not too sure on that Great QB title yet....he's a decent QB but a "Great" QB guts it up and plays at the highest level when the team needs it the most. A Great QB goes out and, calf or no calf, FINDS A WAY to get the team over the finish line. Burrow has not done this hence our 0-2. 

So he wasn’t “gutting it out” when he was being sacked and hit at a historically high pace during his first couple seasons? And he never “found a way” to win games behind an OL made up of guys that aren’t even currently in the league?

FFS what are we even doing here? He’s sucked for 2 games for some pretty obvious reasons. That doesn’t take away from the last 2 years

Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I sat in a car ride home from the game with 5 other Bengals fans and listened to them trash Burrow for the game(s) he had. Twitter is a cesspool. Social media is on fire. People are throwing coaches, players, anyone under the bus. Everyone is dogging everyone.

But to dog Joe Burrow after two games, where he missed all of training camp, and clearly isn't 100% healthy? Man, some of you all stink. How short our memories are.

Seriously, it's embarrassing.

Same shit some of you did with Palmer, Votto, etc. Throwing trash on lawns and running guys out of town.

Better be careful for what you wish for.

Burrow signed a record deal and we expect him to play like an elite player. Brady, Manning, Mahones, Rogers they’ve played hurt and not stunk it up starting 0-2. If Burrow is that injured, he needs to sit.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:57 PM)Snarks Wrote: Burrow signed a record deal and we expect him to play like an elite player. Brady, Manning, Mahones, Rogers they’ve played hurt and not stunk it up starting 0-2. If Burrow is that injured, he needs to sit.

It’s just as much about missing all of training camp as it is the injury itself. Burrow needs reps to really start clicking. We’ve seen it multiple times now.

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:43 PM)Joelist Wrote: Not too sure on that Great QB title yet....he's a decent QB but a "Great" QB guts it up and plays at the highest level when the team needs it the most. A Great QB goes out and, calf or no calf, FINDS A WAY to get the team over the finish line. Burrow has not done this hence our 0-2. 

Sorry poor take

Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 04:36 PM)bfine32 Wrote: If we fired Zac today how long do you think he'd be out of work?

Not long, but the real intrigue would be what he did once he got that new job.

ZT probably falls into the "Burrow clearly did it all" narrative:
Bill Bellyache retires and ZT tries to resurrect Mac Jones, with less than stellar results I'd predict
Sean Peyton gets barred for life for Bounty Gate Denver Style and ZT fails to resurrect Russell Wilson
Mr. Taylor goes to Washington and goes full meh with a middling NFC team
ZT becomes the latest offensive mind who can't make a QB look good in Chicago

Intriguing spots:
ZT becomes HC of the Chargers where he goes for revenge with one of Burrow's main QB class rivals in Herbert
Steelers fire Matt Canada finally and ZT takes a revenge spot as their OC
Who is the HC of the Cardinals?  Who cares, ZT could take his job and....resurrect Kyler?  Develop the next guy they desperately draft?  Coax Palmer out of retirement again?
Reply/Quote
Burrow can win in a lot of places due to talent alone. Do you think Zac gets to the AFC Championship or Super Bowl with many other teams? No Burrow, no position coach behind Sean McVay. Changed the Bengals into to be such a bad team that Burrow was drafted. After like a dozen road games without winning, Burrow is injured. bad enough to draft Chase. Mr. Character was around to see Eli Apple and Joe Mixon play in the Super Bowl.

Teams starts 0-2 after Joe comes back from surgery and preseason showcases the Cut Day All Stars. Run of wins to the AFC Championship.
Joe gets hurt again, and we watch another preseason of guys who will be wearing sweatpants on Sunday. Burrow looks bad and each game and the O-Line and D-line trade on who can suck more each week.

A healthy Burrow is the cheat code. He is the change in the team. The high contract was because of that.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote