Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Cincinnati "Fans" are the Worst
(09-17-2023, 10:35 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I think you keep missing the point homie. 

Let me see.

Is the point "Don't blame JB for his poor play"?

If so, I agree, I'm just not ready to place the blame on others. 
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:08 PM)bfine32 Wrote: So it's Zac's fault JB has never has a full training camp? 

I was certainly wondering at the time why we had Burrow practicing if he needed a calf sleeve. Also wondering why if we were practicing him with a calf sleeve why he was running around scrambling with the sleeve.

I will say something Burrow not running for 1st downs is having a decent impact on our team. While he doesn't do it a ton he does seem to scramble for a 1st down or two during games usually. I also wonder if not having that ability is having an impact on him mentally while sitting in the pocket. Just one less outlet to read as you drop back.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s nuts. Dude has given this fanbase more success in his first few seasons than most have witnessed in their entire lifetimes. And people are turning on him after 2 ***** games.

The guy in the Bengals overalls that head butted another fan while in cuffs outside of the stadium really sums things up right about now. Just really embarrassing and toxic.

As out of order as that was and the lad who threw the head probably won’t see a Bengals game for the next 24-36 months.

One of the best headbutts I’ve ever seen cuffed up had to generate all the power while Cincinnati’s favourite doughnut tester was holding on to him and it was right on the button.

As for our fans coming top of loyalty survey, don’t make me ***** laugh there are times I was in a bar after attending a half full PBS and locals were saying they would only attend if we started winning.

Entitled pricks but I will say this when the day comes and we do finally win a ring it will mean more to the fans who were there through the crap than those who just jumped on the bandwagon.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:04 PM)Joelist Wrote: Yeah, terrible! Terrible!

How dare we expect an elite tier QB to give elite tier play, especially right after signing an NFL record deal? How dare we actually hope or think that maybe, just maybe, the BEST fanbase in the NFL might finally get return for the decades of fruitless support? And how dare we show righteous disgust at poor play that greatly reduces the hope for our fans to finally get some return for rooting for this franchise all these decades?
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: You're not asking for grace, you're asking for folks not to blame JB for his poor performance.

Yet, you join in the "lack of grace" for a HC that changed the culture here and has taken us to 2 straight AFC title games. 

Yes, I had misunderstood the point of the original post as well. When he said, "People are throwing coaches, players, anyone under the bus. Everyone is dogging everyone," I thought he was calling for more tolerance for the team, rather than tolerance only for Joe Burrow, while throwing the coaches under the bus.

I think the team as a whole should have bought a little more patience with the fans on the basis of the last two years and all the joy they brought to the fans. It's easy to cheer when everything is going right. I think this team would appreciate being supported through the lows as well as the highs.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 11:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yes, I had misunderstood the point of the original post as well. When he said, "People are throwing coaches, players, anyone under the bus. Everyone is dogging everyone," I thought he was calling for more tolerance for the team, rather than tolerance only for Joe Burrow, while throwing the coaches under the bus.

I think the team as a whole should have bought a little more patience with the fans on the basis of the last two years and all the joy they brought to the fans. It's easy to cheer when everything is going right. I think this team would appreciate being supported through the lows as well as the highs.

Uh.....where's the Lombardi? THAT's how you earn the right to patience. What joy? The joy of losing in the Super Bowl, of losing in the AFCCG? This team is going on 70 years and what is there to show for it for the LONG suffering fans? So far all they have done is be a flash in the pan - no trophy means still the same old Bengals...
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Uh.....where's the Lombardi? THAT's how you earn the right to patience. What joy? The joy of losing in the Super Bowl, of losing in the AFCCG? This team is going on 70 years and what is there to show for it for the LONG suffering fans? So far all they have done is be a flash in the pan - no trophy means still the same old Bengals...

It’s like 55 years or something, but point taken.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
Lots of drama queens here. Its not like we've never started 0-2 before. This is the NFL, how you start isn't as important as how you finish
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 10:22 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I wonder if the injuries are because of all the sacks and hits he's taken so far. Indirectly.

They always feared he would end up like Luck. 

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 11:18 PM)Joelist Wrote: Uh.....where's the Lombardi? THAT's how you earn the right to patience. What joy? The joy of losing in the Super Bowl, of losing in the AFCCG? This team is going on 70 years and what is there to show for it for the LONG suffering fans? So far all they have done is be a flash in the pan - no trophy means still the same old Bengals...

You really think the responses today would be different if JB had 1 more second in the pocket in the Rams SB and had pulled off the victory?

The team has been a top 4 team in the NFL over the last 2 years. 

Reply/Quote
People hating on Joe Burrow deserve to find out what happens to this franchise without him. I pray it doesn't happen this decade.

And I don't want to hear about what this fan base "deserves." Most of you yo-yos hadn't seen the inside of the stadium in a decade before mid-way through Burrow's second season. Take a pill.
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 11:09 PM)Nepa Wrote: Yes, I had misunderstood the point of the original post as well. When he said, "People are throwing coaches, players, anyone under the bus. Everyone is dogging everyone," I thought he was calling for more tolerance for the team, rather than tolerance only for Joe Burrow, while throwing the coaches under the bus.

Apparently we missed the point

Reply/Quote
If I paid money to go to that game I woulda booed too. They are rich they can handle. Want to not get booed, don't suck.
Reply/Quote
All I can say is that I trust better days are ahead for our Bengals. I know it's asking alot: but let's not turn on each other or our team.

It's been a terrible start, but I for one have faith that this team will once again figure it out.

Always and forever: Who-Dey!!!
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 11:39 PM)Roland Wrote: People hating on Joe Burrow deserve to find out what happens to this franchise without him.  I pray it doesn't happen this decade.

And I don't want to hear about what this fan base "deserves."  Most of you yo-yos hadn't seen the inside of the stadium in a decade before mid-way through Burrow's second season. Take a pill.

If Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble do you think people hold Joe Burrow on the same pedestal? We made the playoffs 5 straight years and there hasn't been that much difference in the QB play. Burrow obviously is better than Dalton but he's not flawless and it could be argued he's not the primary reason we've won in the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:12 AM)TheFan Wrote: If Jeremy Hill doesn't fumble do you think people hold Joe Burrow on the same pedestal? We made the playoffs 5 straight years and there hasn't been that much difference in the QB play. Burrow obviously is better than Dalton but he's not flawless and it could be argued he's not the primary reason we've won in the playoffs.

Honestly, I think Marvin is a better coach than Zac. Burrow is just a much better QB than Dalton and Palmer.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I think Marvin is a better coach than Zac. Burrow is just a much better QB than Dalton and Palmer.

This franchise has been total crap to mediocre for the 50 years we didn't have Burrow, whether ZT was the coach or not. 

Well actually ZT being mediocre without Burrow would be a big improvement.  We may have to hope he can get the ship afloat while Burrow heals up starting soon. 

Edit - should be the 30 of the MB era 
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2023, 12:22 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Honestly, I think Marvin is a better coach than Zac. Burrow is just a much better QB than Dalton and Palmer.

Ehhhh... Marvin had something fundamentally flawed in his coaching style when it came to preparing his team for the big moments.

4 different QBs played in the postseason for his teams and they all looked shocking similar. Burrow is good, and the Bengals actually signing real free agents is a huge difference, but there were just too many different teams with the same results for it to just be Burrow vs Dalton/Palmer.

Palmer won a postseason game elsewhere as an old man, Zimmer won some postseason games elsewhere with Case Keenum and Kirk Cousins and a missed 27 yard FG from another with Teddy Bridgewater. No Joe Burrows there.

I don't think Zac is a bad coach, he is just a terrible OC/Playcaller. I think his biggest flaw as HC (aside from his preseason neglect) is his refusal to fire himself as Playcaller.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-17-2023, 09:58 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: I sat in a car ride home from the game with 5 other Bengals fans and listened to them trash Burrow for the game(s) he had. Twitter is a cesspool. Social media is on fire. People are throwing coaches, players, anyone under the bus. Everyone is dogging everyone.

But to dog Joe Burrow after two games, where he missed all of training camp, and clearly isn't 100% healthy? Man, some of you all stink. How short our memories are.

Seriously, it's embarrassing.

Same shit some of you did with Palmer, Votto, etc. Throwing trash on lawns and running guys out of town.

Better be careful for what you wish for.

I appreciate the passion, but ya... it's way over the top. We have a winnable stretch of games heading into the bye week, one must enhance their calm.
Reply/Quote
Lol, I'm from England and follow a lot of sports. As a result I follow a good few teams and know enough but quite a few fanbases.

If you really think Bengals fans are the 'worst', then might be worth having a look at the forums for say Everton FC right now, during any game they lose. Every player, owner etc needs to leave the country almost every 5 minutes according to their fans. I don't live in Cincinnati so I don't know what people are like on the radio etc, but this forum is really quite tame when it comes to post-loss vitriol.

I agree that running Burrow out of town would be stupid beyond measure, and while I'm critical of Zac, I also think running him out of town would be stupid. But seriously, if you think any other team's forums are a lot different then you simply haven't met other fanbases. I see the exact same stuff posted all the time elsewhere.
Reply/Quote