Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Class Act Dalton
(12-06-2017, 11:00 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: I noticed when burfict was out we made a big mistake with minter that guy is horrible....

Me too. Very slow and no clue where to be on passing downs...
Reply/Quote
(12-05-2017, 12:03 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Count me in the not impressed with Dalton going to pray with the Steelers camp. I want to see him so pissed after a loss like that he heads straight for the locker room.

I've gotta say, I agree with you. I'm not mad Dalton prayed with them, but I'd much rather have my team be upset at a loss, especially a close loss, especially a close loss that the refs had a major hand in, ESPECIALLY A CLOSE LOSS THAT THE REFS HAD A MAJOR HAND IN AND THE OTHER TEAM HAD A COUPLE OF DIRTY PLAYS. :angry:

(12-06-2017, 09:07 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Some guys are winners they can get it done with 10/21 type numbers....then you have those guys who wilt under pressure. The stat sheet may look ok but it results in a L.

Right. Tebow's a winner but Dalton is not. That's why Tebow is the starting QB for the multiple Super Bowl Champion [team name]s and Dalton is flipping burgers at Pizza Hut (that's right, he's so bad, he can't even fast food right). Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
**** that cut that traitor.
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:01 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: RIGHT! I completely forgot Dalton dropped a long second down pass, after being sacked because he whiffed on a block and then I completely forgot he dropped two passes on third down...Oh...Oh...he didn't do that.

And yes, to counter any argument you have in reference to 'negative' play Dalton had. Yes, he didn't hit any deep balls. Minus the one that was taken back...but beyond that. He looked absolutely terrible zipping passes around against a great defensive unit.

I also forgot Dalton allowed them to score 20 points, including a field goal with 31 seconds left before half and the final drive...

Dalton really has to get it together.

Yep. He should just be more like Ben and make most of his plays in the second half instead of the first. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 03:04 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: He played decent. Everyone remembers the final play to beat the Steelers, which was an incredible effort on a slant pass. That, as Dalton haters usually point out, requires 'minimal' effort. The stiff arm, and ability to run down the field 80 yards was the actual play. He was 10/21 on the day. (also noted that Thomas had 4 catches for 200+ yards...)

Don't forget that Tebow threw for 3:16 yards as well. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(12-06-2017, 09:07 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: Some guys are winners they can get it done with 10/21 type numbers....then you have those guys who wilt under pressure. The stat sheet may look ok but it results in a L.

Again, nothing Dalton did yesterday was the result of the L we got.

I understand the needless, absolutely blind argument everyone has against Dalton...but that defense collapsed. I mean, they let Pittsburgh score with under 30 seconds left in the half? AJ Green dropped two first down passes. LaFell had one, and someone else had one as well.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 12:17 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yep. He should just be more like Ben and make most of his plays in the second half instead of the first. 

Dalton had three big first downs that were dropped, and threw the touchdown to take a two touchdown lead that was called back.

Dalton did enough for the team to win.

[Image: tumblr_nmz43uky8c1rtim7ko1_500.gif]

Feel free to support my Film/TV Review YouTube Channel  - Youtube.Com/NaterTot
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:23 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Dalton had three big first downs that were dropped, and threw the touchdown to take a two touchdown lead that was called back.

That is such a silly statement...you are not the only person to make it and AD is not the only player to be given this type of phantom credit. Neither Dalton nor ANY of the Bengals players, coaches or staff did enough to win the game. You know how I know this...because they lost.

This type of fantasy thinking is what must affect Mike Browns decision making. Convincing oneself of an alternate ending to what actually happens. Believing that in the reality of a loss there was execution equal to a win...lol. AKA a losers mentality.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:22 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: That is such a silly statement...you are not the only person to make it and AD is not the only player to be given this type of phantom credit. Neither Dalton nor ANY of the Bengals players, coaches or staff did enough to win the game. You know how I know this...because they lost.

This type of fantasy thinking is what must affect Mike Browns decision making. Convincing oneself of an alternate ending to what actually happens. Believing that in the reality of a loss there was execution equal to a win...lol. AKA a losers mentality.

You're right on that.....

http://thebengalsboard.com/Thread-The-Ultimate-ALL-THINGS-ANDY-DALTON-Mega-Thread?pid=480371#pid480371

Quote:Dalton played well enough for the Bengals to win

Calling a guy who is out of the league a "winner" pretty much shoots any credibility your arguments may have out the window. LOL 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
Dalton played a good game. Can’t pin drops and a million penalties on him.

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 03:22 AM)Rhinocero23 Wrote: That is such a silly statement...you are not the only person to make it and AD is not the only player to be given this type of phantom credit. Neither Dalton nor ANY of the Bengals players, coaches or staff did enough to win the game. You know how I know this...because they lost.

You are the one making silly statements and making excuses for drops which is a loser's mentality.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre would all suck if their WR's dropped the ball all the damn time.

Doesn't matter how good you are if the Receiver drops the damn ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are the one making silly statements and making excuses for drops which is a loser's mentality.

Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Peyton Manning, Brett Favre would all suck if their WR's dropped the ball all the damn time.

I'm trying to wrap my head around any of those QBs you mentioned having AJ Green to throw to.
Reply/Quote
Dalton is a top end class act.

And we're lucky to have him !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm trying to wrap my head around any of those QBs you mentioned having AJ Green to throw to.

Well yeah, he would be even greater than he is here of course but AJ Green is making no excuses for dropping those balls...

Rhino sure as hell is though, which is my point.
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:15 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm trying to wrap my head around any of those QBs you mentioned having AJ Green to throw to.
They may have not had as big of reputation  (outside of Moss) but they sure as shit could make catches.

When they didn't... I recall a certain someone saying "Tom can't catch the passes too!" after a humiliating loss.

Remember that?!?  That was AWESOME!!!
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Good man who takes too much undeserved heat as player too.

Who Dey Andy !

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:23 AM)The Caped Crusader Wrote: Dalton had three big first downs that were dropped, and threw the touchdown to take a two touchdown lead that was called back.

Except for ignoring everything that happened up to that point and leading the offense to a score on their last possession. What did he do on the last offensive possession?

What did the other QB do on their last possession?

Reply/Quote

That's the whole issue when i say something like "when it matters". It's not that stuff done in the 1st half doesn't matter. Here's an example to illustrate what you said. *What Dalton did (in the first 2 or 3 quarters) doesn't matter in the end because the Bengals lost the game. "When it matters" is what Ben did; lead the team to the winning score. 

It's easy to understand, really. 

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 02:12 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You are the one making silly statements and making excuses for drops which is a loser's mentality.

How many drops were there on the last offensive possession?

Reply/Quote
(12-07-2017, 04:03 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Except for ignoring everything that happened up to that point and leading the offense to a score on their last possession. What did he do on the last offensive possession?

What did the other QB do on their last possession?

Dalton's last drive? Drop by AJ Green, 8 yard run by gio, quick sack middle pressure.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote