Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cloned Humans
I know cloning a human has been outlawed around the world but we all know someone somewhere is working on it. Once the process has been perfected and the world accepts cloned humans, what kind of rights, if any will be given to cloned humans?
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Isn't GB working to clone a human?

They should not have any rights. they would be like robots.
(06-30-2015, 09:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: They should not have any rights.    they would be like robots.

Spoken like a true libertarian Ninja

Cloned or born naturally, they are a human that is afforded the same rights as everyone else. They would not be the property of someone else.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(06-30-2015, 09:00 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I know cloning a human has been outlawed around the world but we all know someone somewhere is working on it. Once the process has been perfected and the world accepts cloned humans, what kind of rights, if any will be given to cloned humans?

What other kind of rights would they get?  All humans deserve the same human rights.
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

(06-30-2015, 09:10 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Isn't GB working to clone a human?

They should not have any rights.    they would be like robots.

We don't need a slave race. If it has human DNA, if it is a human by all measurements, then it's a human. All rights would be the same.
(06-30-2015, 09:48 PM)Benton Wrote: We don't need a slave race. If it has human DNA, if it is a human by all measurements, then it's a human. All rights would be the same.

All depends their roll in the world .

Are they merely just going to be a personal organ harvest? Or are they going to actually live a life?

If we are going to let themruun around like people then yeah but I don't see that ever happening. Multiple copies of people running around would just be dangerous.
(06-30-2015, 09:17 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Spoken like a true libertarian Ninja

Cloned or born naturally, they are a human that is afforded the same rights as everyone else. They would not be the property of someone else.

so your ok with me having 100 copies of myself  This way I have my own assassins, my own workers, my own thiefs,  they all have my DNA so no way we know who is responsible.  

At least with robots there is a way to know who is up to shenanigans.
(06-30-2015, 09:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: so your ok with me having 100 copies of myself  This way I have my own assassins, my own workers, my own thiefs,  they all have my DNA so no way we know who is responsible.  

It certainly will pose some issues when it comes to identifying who is responsible for a crime, but they can still act in those same roles if they're your "slaves".

There is no argument that will stand up to our Constitution for making clones our slaves or using them to harvest organs. Now, you can clone your own organs (and not the rest of the body), but any human who is cloned will immediately receive all of their rights.

(06-30-2015, 09:51 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: All depends their roll in the world .  

Are they merely just going to be a personal organ harvest?  Or are they going to actually live a life?  

If we are going to let themruun around like people then yeah but I don't see that ever happening.    Multiple copies of people running around would just be dangerous.

Considering them as people ends the idea of using them for organ harvest. IE, you couldn't clone them for that purpose as they have rights the same way you can't conceive a child and force them to give you a kidney when yours blows out.
fingerprints are not the same
[Image: m6moCD1.png]

I actually don't think that there will be human clones, barring some sort of catastrophic event that would necessitate more research in the field. While it is certainly theoretically possible, I think that the ethical aspects will prevent developed nations from doing it, and those that don't care about the ethical questions will never be able to get that far.

But for the sake of discussion, I'd have to say that a functioning human clone would and should receive all the rights of a natural born human.
(06-30-2015, 09:56 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: so your ok with me having 100 copies of myself  This way I have my own assassins, my own workers, my own thiefs,  they all have my DNA so no way we know who is responsible.  

Well sure it's easy to oppose something when your perception of what it is going to be is absolutely insane. I also have to say that it's pretty interesting you fully believe that clones of you would be running amok, stealing things and killing people.

If I could clone myself I'd probably form a band where the last one of us to be cloned would be forced to be the bass player.
I don't know how the world would react to cloned humans. I think if the technology were developed to perfect cloning, non cloned humans would put restrictions on clones turning them into property and affording them the same rights as pets.

But that's my cynical view of the world.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
(06-30-2015, 10:02 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: It certainly will pose some issues when it comes to identifying who is responsible for a crime, but they can still act in those same roles if they're your "slaves".

There is no argument that will stand up to our Constitution for making clones our slaves or using them to harvest organs. Now, you can clone your own organs (and not the rest of the body), but any human who is cloned will immediately receive all of their rights.

Why have clones then? Maybe if we were in a Logan's Run scenario. But I just don't see why we would have them .

I'm not advocating slavery btw .... Just don't see the need for them. we don't have a lack of people problem.
(06-30-2015, 10:54 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Well sure it's easy to oppose something when your perception of what it is going to be is absolutely insane.  I also have to say that it's pretty interesting you fully believe that clones of you would be running amok, stealing things and killing people.

If I could clone myself I'd probably form a band where the last one of us to be cloned would be forced to be the bass player.

The Cloned Nately's

I just don't see the point of them. I don't want mirror images of me running around. I have see enough orphan black to know it's not gonna be a nice Clone Club.
(07-01-2015, 02:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why have clones then?  Maybe if we were in a Logan's Run scenario.   But I just don't see why we would have them .    

I'm not advocating slavery btw ....  Just don't see the need for them.   we don't have a lack of people problem.

I don't think that anyone is suggesting that cloning is a good idea.  As far as I can tell it is a hypothetical question as to, "if" it were to happen, would they have the same rights?  So far the majority says yes they would.
(07-01-2015, 02:28 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: I don't think that anyone is suggesting that cloning is a good idea.  As far as I can tell it is a hypothetical question as to, "if" it were to happen, would they have the same rights?  So far the majority says yes they would.

A lot of identity issues. I can't see them having equal rights if they can walk around and be another person. By that simple fact would we not be invading the host's rights?

If there is a way to ensure identity isn't an issue then yes I can go along with it... But too many questions to say definitively yes or no really.
(07-01-2015, 02:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: A lot of identity issues.  I can't see them having equal rights if they can walk around and be another person.   By that simple fact would we not be invading the host's rights?

If there is a way to ensure identity isn't an issue then yes I can go along with it...    But too many questions to say definitively yes or no really.

We can certainly agree that cloning wouldn't be a good idea. Whether a person is naturally born or "cloned" a person is a person, a human being.  I guess legislation would evolve with new technology.
(07-01-2015, 02:50 AM)RICHMONDBENGAL_07 Wrote: We can certainly agree that cloning wouldn't be a good idea. Whether a person is naturally born or "cloned" a person is a person, a human being.  I guess legislation would evolve with new technology.

Yeah it would have to.... A lot of concerns, but minus all identity concerns I would support it
(07-01-2015, 02:20 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Why have clones then?  Maybe if we were in a Logan's Run scenario.   But I just don't see why we would have them .    

I'm not advocating slavery btw ....  Just don't see the need for them.   we don't have a lack of people problem.

Why is irrelevant. They're humans. They are afforded all rights.