Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Core needs to be cut...
(11-18-2018, 07:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we all stop overreacting to preseason action too? Wow - Our WR's are going to be great!

Outside of Boyd and Green...they're all bad.

Ross can at least score TD’s.

He has a ways to go still but I think it’s a case of not using him properly as much as anything else.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:30 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I've been saying that for quite some time. He plays slower than his 40 time.

And I've said from the time they drafted him, a 4.2 40 means nothing when you're going against a 4.4 CB that can jam you off the line. Everyone's fast....
But, as much as I have hated on Ross for quiting on plays, he seems to me like he's finally, painfully slowly, getting it. He fought for that TD today, which is not something we have seen much out of him before. Core, on the other hand...… Andy, please, for the love of God, do not throw the ball to him again.....
Reply/Quote
Wouldn’t it have been nice to have traded for a Golden Tate or Demaritus Thomas at the trade deadline? How about Dez or Brandon Marshall instead of core?
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:47 PM)Bengalbug Wrote: Wouldn’t it have been nice to have traded for a Golden Tate or Demaritus Thomas at the trade deadline? How about Dez or Brandon Marshall instead of core?

But Fred will tell you like 20 other teams didn’t trade for anyone so that makes it ok.

Maybe, just maybe, their WR depth doesn’t suck as much as ours?

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 10:49 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: But Fred will tell you like 20 other teams didn’t trade for anyone so that makes it ok.

Maybe, just maybe, their WR depth doesn’t suck as much as ours?

The eagles and Texans both did.

The 5-3 bengals who knew they were going to miss there #1 Wr for 2-4 weeks could have traded for someone before the bye. But the sit on their butts and now are 5-5 with no breathing room rather than 6-4 with titans losong
Reply/Quote
Core is garbage. So stupid to throw him the ball on 4th Down.
Reply/Quote
We need to keep him, he remains a perfect example of a player on the roster who has been coached up and contributes every opportunity he gets.
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Core has done nothing since he has been here its time to move on from him. After AJ and Boyd there really is no one else they need to let Malone and Tate play more.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:38 PM)mon4078 Wrote: Core has done nothing since he has been here its time to move on from him. After AJ and Boyd there really is no one else they need to let Malone and Tate play more.

Malone is hurt. John Ross is the guy they need to get involved more.

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Malone is hurt. John Ross is the guy they need to get involved more.

I know Malone is hurt right now I meant going forward. I'm not sold on ross so far, maybe the team is not using him right. His touchdown today was the first time I have seen him attack the ball.
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:58 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Can we all stop overreacting to preseason action too? Wow - Our WR's are going to be great!

Outside of Boyd and Green...they're all bad.

Erickson is a decent possession type WR, but outside of those 3, yes it is a steaming pile o' crap.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 06:35 PM)chopperbobby Wrote: Why have a play to him with the game on the line. Hands of stone

That was my thought.
Even the commentator was asking why Dalton threw it to Core, he mentioned he has only had about 5 catches all season and hadn't even been targeted the whole game.
Cody "butterfingers" Core should have been cut in camp and Tate should have been given his spot
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:26 AM)JWW1971 Wrote: That was my thought.
Even the commentator was asking why Dalton threw it to Core, he mentioned he has only had about 5 catches all season and hadn't even been targeted the whole game.
Cody "butterfingers" Core should have been cut in camp and Tate should have been given his spot

Dalton has to throw it to a WR who is wide open.  How can you blame a QB for throwing the ball to a wide open WR?  We may as well have 10 men on the field on offense we are going to criticize Dalton for actually targeting one of the WRs his GM and coaches saw fit to give him.

And I can't see the future, but it's amusingly Bengal-ey for us to demand a late-round pick nobody WR get cut so we can put another late-round WR in his place.  
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 08:21 PM)thompson19osu Wrote: They tried the same play earlier in the game with the exact same result. John Ross’ 40 time must not equate to game speed because dude is draped all the time.

Actually, he's not.  It just looks that way because Andy is so bad at putting the ball out in front of him and he's slowing down to go after yet another under thrown pass.  Ross could have eight or ten TD's so far if he wasn't constantly coming back for the ball.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:36 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Dalton has to throw it to a WR who is wide open.  How can you blame a QB for throwing the ball to a wide open WR?  We may as well have 10 men on the field on offense we are going to criticize Dalton for actually targeting one of the WRs his GM and coaches saw fit to give him.

And I can't see the future, but it's amusingly Bengal-ey for us to demand a late-round pick nobody WR get cut so we can put another late-round WR in his place.  

Yeah but Core was only a late round pick because Treadwell overshadowed him in college. Turns out Treadwell sucks though too.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 07:23 PM)Whatever Wrote: Anybody that thought we had great WR depth wasn't paying attention the last few years.

Bill Lazor is the problem,to set that up knowing this guy has never done anything,should get the OC fired.He called a horrible game and was way to conservative.This whole team is way too conservative.I hope Andrew Whitworth wins a ring,he deserves it and good for him for getting out of here.
Reply/Quote
I'm not trying to defend Core because I think he should have caught that ball, but what if the ball went to Core because the other options were covered? Don't we complain that Dalton tries to force the ball to his top targets too much? Well, he tried to throw to one of his lesser-established guys and the guy didn't make a play.

With that said, Tate should have been out there over Core. Tate caught his only target all game, and he did it in a very climb-the-ladder way.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:31 AM)jason Wrote: Yeah but Core was only a late round pick because Treadwell overshadowed him in college. Turns out Treadwell sucks though too.

Yeah, I recall hearing this when people were talking about how Core is a gem who just needs a chance to prove himself and so on and so forth. 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:34 AM)ochocincos Wrote: I'm not trying to defend Core because I think he should have caught that ball, but what if the ball went to Core because the other options were covered? Don't we complain that Dalton tries to force the ball to his top targets too much? Well, he tried to throw to one of his lesser-established guys and the guy didn't make a play.

With that said, Tate should have been out there over Core. Tate caught his only target all game, and he did it in a very climb-the-ladder way.

I would guess that Andy made the decision to throw to Core based on his presnap reads.  Core was left one on one and the CB has to keep Core in front of him, so that really prevents him from trying to undercut the route.  Andy just has to trust that Core can make a routine catch 
Reply/Quote
Should have kept Sanu & Jones, then we wouldn't have been in this mess now.
Reply/Quote