Cody Core needs to be cut...
So if we sum it up:

Our owner is very underwhelming
Our HC is underwhelming
Our OC appears to be a bit underwhelming
Our QB is average to good depending on the week
Our WR depth, and all depth for that matter is underwhelming
OUR OL outright sucks

Yet we expect the offense to perform well?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:13 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: So if we sum it up:

Our owner is very underwhelming
Our HC is underwhelming
Our OC appears to be a bit underwhelming
Our QB is average to good depending on the week
Our WR depth, and all depth for that matter is underwhelming
OUR OL outright sucks

Yet we expect the offense to perform well?

All those things were the same at the start of the season when were scoring 30+ points a game. The one big difference? AJ Green. People can throw out all the 5 year old stats all they want but this offense is just not very good without AJ.

Losing Eifert and Kroft also hurts, but not as much as AJ.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All those things were the same at the start of the season when were scoring 30+ points a game. The one big difference? AJ Green. People can throw out all the 5 year old stats all they want but this offense is just not very good without AJ.

At the start of the year, Lazor was hiding the bad OL but teams figured that out, they always do. 
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
Core needs to be cut ASAP.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I recall hearing this when people were talking about how Core is a gem who just needs a chance to prove himself and so on and so forth. 

He's like Chris Henry with no hands.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:03 AM)Nately120 Wrote: Yeah, I recall hearing this when people were talking about how Core is a gem who just needs a chance to prove himself and so on and so forth. 

The bizarre thing about him is that when he was a rookie, he looked like he could play.  Or, at least, he could actually catch the ball, the receiving being such a vital part of the job of a receiver and all.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:58 PM)McC Wrote: The bizarre thing about him is that when he was a rookie, he looked like he could play.  Or, at least, he could actually catch the ball, the receiving being such a vital part of the job of a receiver and all.

Hey McC, remember when I said the bengals lack of proactive could cost us a game due to lack of talent around Dalton? Now we are in a uphill battle to make the playoffs.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 11:54 AM)Bengalitis Wrote: Should have kept Sanu & Jones, then we wouldn't have been in this mess now.

Oh, here we go with this crap again. The only way to keep Jones here would have been to cut AJ. The dude was offered the same money he got in Detroit.... he does not want to be a #2. He knows he can grow his brand better as a #1 in a bigger market than he can playing #2 to AJ in Cincinnati. Why is that so hard to accept?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:58 PM)McC Wrote: The bizarre thing about him is that when he was a rookie, he looked like he could play.  Or, at least, he could actually catch the ball, the receiving being such a vital part of the job of a receiver and all.

Ehh, lots of people can look good before they have to actually prove themselves.  [insert humiliating boudoir story, here]
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 10:22 AM)McC Wrote: Actually, he's not.  It just looks that way because Andy is so bad at putting the ball out in front of him and he's slowing down to go after yet another under thrown pass.  Ross could have eight or ten TD's so far if he wasn't constantly coming back for the ball.

The issue with the bombs to Ross is that they constantly run him on go routes up the sideline where it's easy for defenders to wall him off against the boundry so he can't make full use of his speed.  They do this so they can get the safety running to the outside and free up space for the slot receivers to operate.  It's really more of a decoy route, but you have to throw it occasionally so the D respects it.

In college, most of Ross's big bomb plays came on deep posts, flags, and skinny posts.  It's a lot different trying to defend his speed when you just don't know where he's going and you can't use the sideline.  His big strength on those plays in college was creating separation with his quick feet on his break and once he had that separation, you couldn't catch him.  There were tons of plays where he would stop and wait on the ball and still score because he was so open.  

Offensively, we were scoring in bunches early because Ross was playing decoy and you'd either have AJ on the other side drawing double coverage and creating a ton of space for Boyd or AJ in the slot inside of Ross, which is damn near indefensible.  Now that AJ is out, Lazor isn't adapting the game plan to make Ross successful.  He's still just sending him on go routes to clear out for Boyd and the scrub squad.
Reply/Quote
Core has no reason to be on this roster.all he has is size and decent speed.
hes hurting more than helping.
hes not even a good special teams player. Brandon Wilson is out playing him
cutting Core is a addition. most teams would have cut him by now
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: The issue with the bombs to Ross is that they constantly run him on go routes up the sideline where it's easy for defenders to wall him off against the boundry so he can't make full use of his speed.  They do this so they can get the safety running to the outside and free up space for the slot receivers to operate.  It's really more of a decoy route, but you have to throw it occasionally so the D respects it.

In college, most of Ross's big bomb plays came on deep posts, flags, and skinny posts.  It's a lot different trying to defend his speed when you just don't know where he's going and you can't use the sideline.  His big strength on those plays in college was creating separation with his quick feet on his break and once he had that separation, you couldn't catch him.  There were tons of plays where he would stop and wait on the ball and still score because he was so open.  

Offensively, we were scoring in bunches early because Ross was playing decoy and you'd either have AJ on the other side drawing double coverage and creating a ton of space for Boyd or AJ in the slot inside of Ross, which is damn near indefensible.  Now that AJ is out, Lazor isn't adapting the game plan to make Ross successful.  He's still just sending him on go routes to clear out for Boyd and the scrub squad.

Well said.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:25 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: All those things were the same at the start of the season when were scoring 30+ points a game. The one big difference? AJ Green. People can throw out all the 5 year old stats all they want but this offense is just not very good without AJ.

Maybe, maybe not.  At the beginning of the season, the offense was running a SHIT TON of multiple TE sets, which allowed us to throw, and run from the same set.  In the first Ravens game, Eifert and Kroft had two catches a piece, and Uzomah three, IIRC.  Mixon was able to find daylight as well.  We are now down to Uzomah and Lengel.  That's as big as, if not bigger than losing Green for a few games.

From what I've read and seen, this offense was going to rely heavily on the TEs.....that doesn't pan out so well when your 3rd stringer is now the #1.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:36 PM)Whatever Wrote: The issue with the bombs to Ross is that they constantly run him on go routes up the sideline where it's easy for defenders to wall him off against the boundry so he can't make full use of his speed.  They do this so they can get the safety running to the outside and free up space for the slot receivers to operate.  It's really more of a decoy route, but you have to throw it occasionally so the D respects it.

I'm all about tossing it up there and seeing where it all lands, but I'd wager they keep Ross near the sidelines to limit the amount of defenders that will have a chance at the ball when all that unpredictable "Ross-ing" happens.
Reply/Quote
As for the OP, we gotta keep Core around because he's so good on special teams. Ninja

(at least that's what I am told)

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 12:26 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: At the start of the year, Lazor was hiding the bad OL but teams figured that out, they always do. 

Yep....and he was doing that utilizing the talent at TE a lot of the time.  He doesn't have that luxury right now.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:31 PM)Wyche Wrote: Yep....and he was doing that utilizing the talent at TE a lot of the time.  He doesn't have that luxury right now.

Auden Tate?  More like, Ought-en Be a Taite-end...amitire?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:37 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Auden Tate?  More like, Ought-en Be a Taite-end...amitire?

Might be worth a shot....lol.

One thing's for sure, I'd play Tate over Core everyday of the week and three times on Sunday.

Reply/Quote
I can see your suffering brain damage from your knee hitting your face too hard too many times...

But Core is solid on STs He might be a lot better now if we didn't rot him on the bench behind lafell for two years.

Also where are all the calls for the other underperforming players to be cut?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 01:21 PM)Sled21 Wrote: Oh, here we go with this crap again. The only way to keep Jones here would have been to cut AJ. The dude was offered the same money he got in Detroit.... he does not want to be a #2. He knows he can grow his brand better as a #1 in a bigger market than he can playing #2 to AJ in Cincinnati. Why is that so hard to accept?

We need better negotiators.  If we can't keep them, what's the purpose.  So when Ross finally blossoms, he'll be gone too? $$$$$
Reply/Quote