Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cody Core needs to be cut...
(11-19-2018, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Might be worth a shot....lol.

One thing's for sure, I'd play Tate over Core everyday of the week and three times on Sunday.

Don't recall Tate doing much in this game
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote: Might be worth a shot....lol.

One thing's for sure, I'd play Tate over Core everyday of the week and three times on Sunday.

Or Erickson. How Core got more snaps than either of these guys Sunday is clinically insane. Alex got 9 snaps, Tate got one. Core got 34(!!)
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
 [Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(11-18-2018, 11:41 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Malone is hurt. John Ross is the guy they need to get involved more.

John Ross had the second-most targets on the team yesterday with 7. He only caught two of those. Not all of the missed receptions were his fault.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Don't recall Tate doing much in this game

He caught one pass on the one offensive snap he got.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I can see your suffering brain damage from your knee hitting your face too hard too many times...

But Core is solid on STs   He might be a lot better now if we didn't rot him on the bench behind lafell for two years.

Also where are all the calls for the other underperforming players to be cut?

Lafell had 2 receptions and a TD yesterday.  Figures it's his fault Core couldn't catch a pass if we held him at gunpoint.  I'd rather have Dalton throwing to Lafell than Core, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo, we've just GOT to have our young talented late round gems on the field.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:52 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Don't recall Tate doing much in this game

......and that's on the coaches for even having Cody Core dress yesterday.  We all know what Core did, and that was cost us a shot at a tie at the very least.

If you'd rather watch them trot out a guy we KNOW is going to come up small versus seeing what someone else might do, have right at it.  Me, I've seen enough from #16 to last me two lifetimes.  FFS, try someone else out. 

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I agree. Core is not a value to this team.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:51 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: I can see your suffering brain damage from your knee hitting your face too hard too many times...

But Core is solid on STs   He might be a lot better now if we didn't rot him on the bench behind lafell for two years.

Also where are all the calls for the other underperforming players to be cut?

Wilson is playing lights out on STs now that Butterfingers isn't out there taking up space.  His ST numbers weren't that great either, as was evidenced when someone actually posted them.  Practice squad is his ceiling at this point.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:00 PM)ochocincos Wrote: He caught one pass on the one offensive snap he got.

And he stop his route 1 yd short of the 1st down..... 
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:08 PM)sandwedge Wrote: And he stop his route 1 yd short of the 1st down..... 

Still better than a drop.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Maybe, maybe not.  At the beginning of the season, the offense was running a SHIT TON of multiple TE sets, which allowed us to throw, and run from the same set.  In the first Ravens game, Eifert and Kroft had two catches a piece, and Uzomah three, IIRC.  Mixon was able to find daylight as well.  We are now down to Uzomah and Lengel.  That's as big as, if not bigger than losing Green for a few games.

From what I've read and seen, this offense was going to rely heavily on the TEs.....that doesn't pan out so well when your 3rd stringer is now the #1.

I don't think people realize what Eifert brought to this offense. I believe even Lazor hinted that losing Eifert was going to be a challenge to him. If you look back the last couple of season without Eifert, this offense isn't the same.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Still better than a drop.

Can't argue that...lol
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:11 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Still better than a drop.

True....wait....did Tate do the "first down" signal thing even though he was a yard short?  I can't recall, but if he did that then it's as bad if not worse than a drop.
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 02:53 PM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Or Erickson. How Core got more snaps than either of these guys Sunday is clinically insane. Alex got 9 snaps, Tate got one. Core got 34(!!)

That is nuts.  I wouldn't have played him 4 snaps.

Yeah, I'd rather have Erickson out there vs Core as well.....I didn't realize he played so few snaps.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:11 PM)sandwedge Wrote: I don't think people realize what Eifert brought to this offense. I believe even Lazor hinted that losing Eifert was going to be a challenge to him. If you look back the last couple of season without Eifert, this offense isn't the same.

Yep.....and I'm not trying to undersell AJ Green's impact to this team by any means, he's our best player, but the loss of the TEs is bigger than a lot of folks realize.  It's why the offense struggles at times WITH AJ Green on the field.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:02 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Lafell had 2 receptions and a TD yesterday.  Figures it's his fault Core couldn't catch a pass if we held him at gunpoint.  I'd rather have Dalton throwing to Lafell than Core, but nooooooooooooooooooooooo, we've just GOT to have our young talented late round gems on the field.

Thank you. 

We could have a roster with Lafell on it right now. I realize he asked to leave but you just wonder if we couldn't have done more to keep him.

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:19 PM)BoomerFan Wrote: Thank you. 

We could have a roster with Lafell on it right now. I realize he asked to leave but you just wonder if we couldn't have done more to keep him.

I guess it doesn't matter.  Lafell is no longer the reason we aren't getting the WRs we want on the field.  The scapegoat is now Cody Core.  Cody Core went from a late-round gem rotting behind that loser Lafell to being the loser behind which the next late-round gems rot.  Circle of life, and all that.

I'm already looking ahead to the possibility of us wondering why that bum Auden Tate is taking away snaps from (insert 7th round WR we take in the 2019 draft, here).
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I guess it doesn't matter.  Lafell is no longer the reason we aren't getting the WRs we want on the field.  The scapegoat is now Cody Core.  Cody Core went from a late-round gem rotting behind that loser Lafell to being the loser behind which the next late-round gems rot.  Circle of life, and all that.

I'm already looking ahead to the possibility of us wondering why that bum Auden Tate is taking away snaps from (insert 7th round WR we take in the 2019 draft, here).

Were you the lone voice of reason calling to keep LaFell?  Cuz you sure are acting like it.  And your hindsight is truly a wonder to behold.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:27 PM)McC Wrote: Were you the lone voice of reason calling to keep LaFell?  Cuz you sure are acting like it.  And your hindsight is truly a wonder to behold.

It's not hindsight to postulate that a 7th round pick rookie will have a harder time contributing on the field than a proven vet with an 8-year resume.  The word for that is foresight.

This isn't about me loving Lafell, it's just that every year we are complaining that some other WR on the team has the gall to be on the field rather than the WRs we think should be put on the field because....reasons. Again, Core was "rotting" behind Lafell. Now Core is on the field and Dalton threw the ball to him and apparently Core being on the field is tantamount to forfeiting the game.

Dear lord, who is next?
Reply/Quote
(11-19-2018, 03:33 PM)Nately120 Wrote: It's not hindsight to postulate that a 7th round pick rookie will have a harder time contributing on the field than a proven vet with an 8-year resume.  The word for that is foresight.

This isn't about me loving Lafell, it's just that every year we are complaining that some other WR on the team has the gall to be on the field rather than the WRs we think should be put on the field because....reasons.  Again, Core was "rotting" behind Lafell.  Now Core is on the field and Dalton threw the ball to him and apparently Core being on the field is tantamount to forfeiting the game.

Dear lord, who is next?

With Core.....it actually does seem to be tantamount to forfeiting the game. LMAO

I mean seriously, Shitsburgh, and now this.  I'd have had Mixon or Gio out there at wideout before this guy.  (also, I think the Lafell deal was more about letting John Ross play, IIRC.....maybe Boyd.)  Personally, I've never understood the big deal about this guy, I've never seen him do shit.  I think Tyler Boyd's emergence had more to do with Lafell leaving town than anything else.  

Reply/Quote